What do you spend $ on?

How much do these extras cost? We don't drink, and I can't stand knickknacks/t-shirts/most other souvenirs, but would probably be interested in:

- an Internet package
- probably a daily specialty coffee for me
- babysitting (1 yo)
- Palo brunch (same as dinner? $30 per person, is that right?)
- Remy dinner
- a massage or two

Specialty coffee prices mirror those at Starbucks or your local coffee shop. There is, however, a punch card available that gets you a free coffee after you buy five. Just ask for it! And if you don't fill it with punches, bring it back next time and keep going!

While I love this thread....it reminds me that after four cruisers I have grossly underestimated my spending money.

Totally didn't budget for my 2 coffees a day
Artwork I will buy
And while I did budget for drinks I will always drink more...when u are in the adult pool at 230...how can u not!

I think everything has been covered but I will say this. I was a hard skeptic of the Bippity Boppity Boutique and spending money there. When my wife found out about this place however, she wanted our youngest daughter to do it. I will concede that I was glad she did as she really loved the attention and getting dressed as a princess. So you if you have a girly girl, I say give it a try.

If you have a boy (or Tomboy), again...skeptical of the boutique and having them dress up people as pirates but there again they surprised me and I was glad they did it.

Money well spent to see their smiles and getting so much attention.

I only spend extra on souvenirs. I have done Palo, but used OB credit. I won't be doing Palo on my next cruise. I might buy a virgin daiquiri on CC, but don't otherwise drink. I use the ship's tap water. I usually HAVE to buy something, just to use up my credit. I have done the spa before, but will not in the future. We will be doing BBB for my two youngest daughters on our upcoming cruise. I buy their pirate gear and cups prior to boarding, but like to get a souvenir Tervis cup each time.

Can you get coffee that is free? At the Buffett? DH is a big coffee drinker. He will want his 3 cups a day.

Can you get coffee that is free? At the Buffett? DH is a big coffee drinker. He will want his 3 cups a day.
I have read (never been on a cruise) that you can get coffee from room service for free. I am not sure about the dining, but I would believe so. I think people are paying for their specialty coffees that are usually like $125 at Starbucks.

Coffee is available for free at the 24 hour beverage station, from room service and at all meals. You can get specialty coffee drinks for a charge at Cove Cafe.

Since first posting on this thread I had my cruise and here is where I spent extra money.

Photo package. I got stressed trying to fit in lots of photos so while I love having photos of our first cruise I probably won't pre-purchase the package again.
Kid's Club wristband. Izzy just had to have. Of course I haven't seen it once since we returned. :eyeroll:
Sweatshirt for D. This was her souvenir choice. She loves wearing it after swim practice.
Tips. I tipped more than is required because I felt everyone went above an beyond to make our trip truly extraordinary. Plus tips for the two times we had room service.
Drinks. I had two alcoholic drinks and purchased 4 of the pirate night mugs (for my kids and the other two kids at the table).

Off of the ship we did a small tour of Grand Cayman, bought less than $10 in souvenirs there, and two bottles of rum for $24.

Overall I was very pleased with these extra costs and didn't feel restrained by my meager budget.

With movies and soft drinks covered....
  1. Internet.... give me the biggest package!
  2. Photos.... there's a discount if you order pre-cruise. Need to check the daily navigator to stalk my fav characters for pictures!
  3. Excursions.... like a buffet.... I look for combo's and stack my excursions to fill my port time
  4. Food.... while I love main dining... I do try some of the local port food. Helps keep me full until evening 2nd feeding.

Internet is a huge concern for me - hubby and I both have jobs we cannot completely unplug from (we aren't sitting down and working necessarily but need to check emails) - Verizon has no plan for Dream or Bahamas - what are the best options for this- only a 4 night cruise

How many opportunities on the ship are there for photos - 4 night cruise.

Internet is a huge concern for me - hubby and I both have jobs we cannot completely unplug from (we aren't sitting down and working necessarily but need to check emails) - Verizon has no plan for Dream or Bahamas - what are the best options for this- only a 4 night cruise

How many opportunities on the ship are there for photos - 4 night cruise.

Photos are done: at boarding, every night before/after dinner, when you meet characters. The lines can be very long for non-ticketed photo ops. We waited at least 45 minutes for photos with the captain making us late for dinner and making me way more anxious than I wanted to be on vacation. However, because I pre-purchased I felt like we had to do it. However, I did get some gorgeous photos of my girls.

first cruise versus upcoming:
Palo Dinner - did that, was awesome, but doing brunch this time
babysitting hours for youngest - will be potty trained this time, yay!
alcohol - includes mixology - will do again, buying the beer mug is a great value (and we can bring it back on board this go around)
excursions - not first cruise, but may pay for one this time
Gratuities - of course
One day rain forest spa pass - won't do again

Excursions, souvenirs, spa, photo package, shopping at destination, and most importantly ALCOHOL haha

Most of our expenditure - land and sea - is beer and wine. We've only cruised twice - our 1st being the incentive for our DVC purchase. IDK if it's age or lack of research but we found the info on cruising very general and obscure. Very post cruise we discovered that gratuities are automatically added to any beer/wine purchase so we were double-tipping. Pre-2nd cruise I printed a Navigator posted on a forum to study it and familiarize me with activities. I thought Shutters was a food place - found out it's pictures. 2nd cruise we finally made it to Cabanas, which is much better than QS. The bartender explained how the electricity worked (you slip the room key in the wall upon entering).

We don't buy specific souvs because we seem to acquire a them. We purchased the beer pkg, includes glass mug, and room beverage pkg, which includes a smaller cooler bag. I can't remember the wine pkg but it didn't seem like it would work for us. We did bring 2 bottles of wine on board. The cruise came with a large beach bag, new lanyards and DVC provided beach cup holders. We purchased 2 pictures from Shutters. Our total bill was $450 for 3 day cruise for 2 adults, most of which was beverages along with an excursion, pictures, and tips, which we added to with cash.

So if you don't spend it do you get a check or cash or is it converted to a Disney gift card?

You can go to GS and they will give you cash if you don't want it to be on your cabin account. The Bingo hosts give you a,receipt. Take that to GS for the cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter