What do you spend $ on?

I have never been on a Disney cruise, but am planning to go when my son is 4, so 3 years from now. I see that everyone is mentioning spending money on Polo and Remy for brunch. I thoguht that all meals were included? My sister just took a cruise last year and all of the room service was free of charge. Is that not the case?
Palo and Remy are the adult only restaurants. These do have an upcharge. All other meals are included.

Palo and Remy are the two adult restaurants that carry an "upcharge." It's $30 at Palo and $85 at Remy. Room service is included for free (although tips are extra).
When you say an upcharge, are you being charged regular restaurant prices, or is it very reasonably priced?
The upcharge is $30 at Palo and $85 IIRC at Remy for the champagne brunch. These are both fine dining experiences (Palo is a buffet and Remy a prix fixe) and in our opinion are well worth the extra cost.

Palo and Remy are the two adult restaurants that carry an "upcharge." It's $30 at Palo and $85 at Remy. Room service is included for free (although tips are extra).

The upcharge is $30 at Palo and $85 IIRC at Remy for the champagne brunch. These are both fine dining experiences (Palo is a buffet and Remy a prix fixe) and in our opinion are well worth the extra cost.
Palo only "buffet" at brunch - and even then its only half the brunch menu. The remainder is a la carte

The PP is correct. Palo is only buffet during brunch and during brunch you can order items such as pizza, chicken parmesan, pesto pasta, eggs benedict, oysters rockefeller, etc. The buffet style items are breakfast breads, antipasto, desserts, and other assorted items.

The wrist band they get at the kids club. They can keep it or they can give it back at the end of the cruise. If you keep it it's like $12 that will be charged to your account.

Wait what? Why would they charge for those? Can I bring ours from Disney to reuse? What if she loses it?

For us the question should be what DON'T we spend money on! Lol. Seems we indulge in everything possible - excursions, adult dining, spa, bingo, BBB, rain forest room, mixology, wine package, souvenirs.... Actually, the only pricey item that we don't get is the photo package. I buy a few pics but not a package. I feel like we get good ones on our own camera.

How much does it cost to play bingo?

On my last cruise on the Fantasy in August, prices for the early sessions were $30/6 paper cards, $40/24 electronic cards, $50/48 electronic cards, and a family pack for $80/2x24 electronic cards and 2x6 paper cards. One session in the middle of the week you got double the # of cards for the same price, and for the final session the prices changed - there was no more family pack - you could buy 6 paper cards for $40, or 36/72 electronic cards for $70/90, with a $10 loyalty discount if you played at least 3 times before the final session.

Aby

Wait what? Why would they charge for those? Can I bring ours from Disney to reuse? What if she loses it?

They're not the same kind of bands. They charge for them because some people like to keep them as souvenirs from what I understand.

On my last cruise on the Fantasy in August, prices for the early sessions were $30/6 paper cards, $40/24 electronic cards, $50/48 electronic cards, and a family pack for $80/2x24 electronic cards and 2x6 paper cards. One session in the middle of the week you got double the # of cards for the same price, and for the final session the prices changed - there was no more family pack - you could buy 6 paper cards for $40, or 36/72 electronic cards for $70/90, with a $10 loyalty discount if you played at least 3 times before the final session.

Aby

Well that is convoluted. Thanks for the explanation.

How much do these extras cost? We don't drink, and I can't stand knickknacks/t-shirts/most other souvenirs, but would probably be interested in:

- an Internet package
- probably a daily specialty coffee for me
- babysitting (1 yo)
- Palo brunch (same as dinner? $30 per person, is that right?)
- Remy dinner
- a massage or two

We got back a few weeks ago. Our additional expenses were as follows:
Cozumel excursion ( 2 adults, 1 child): $210
Internet: $40
Photo Package: $150 (10 photos)
Alcohol: $100 (about one drink per day, per adult)
Palo Brunch: $75
Souvenirs and other stuff: $165

Total: $740

In my opinion, the Key to the World cards are sooo dangerous! It is entirely too easy to buy stuff you don't really need. (But the drinks were so yummy!!)

DH and I just enjoyed our first Disney cruise earlier this month. It was heavenly! We enjoyed the Couples Choice massage ($280 each plus tip and we tipped extra); excursion on Nassau day - the Chocolate Factory tour ($60) a few adult beverages here and there and a few cheesy . I believe our total charge was about $1,000 and that does not include the $250 deposit for a future cruise but does include tips for service team. It was worth every penny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter