What do you collect?

lauran cameron said:
funny you should ask...

just the other day my friends and I made a discovery at our imfamous local lake (Onondaga Lake) It is the 3rd most polluted lake in the country last I knew...yet we discovered a diamond in the rough the other day.

We were taking a stroll as normal and came across what looked like broken shards of china---you know how most beaches are sand or rock, this beach was broken china. Well let it be told that the pieces of glass were marked none other than "Syracuse China." I almost died. So with a little bit of collecting, I we went home to do a little reaseach and find that over 60 years ago Syracuse China dumped their broken or disfunctional china into the lake.

We learned that you could tell how old the marks were by the # and the stamp.
We haven't found one less than 50 years old yet!

Just this after noon we found a piece of a plate that had the presidential seal and said "Hoover Administration-1930" So we looked it up online and there was the presidential plate for the Hoovers. We almost died. Some of the pieces were as old as 1920!!!

So we have been collecting these pieces for a few days now and are going to make a Mosaic to hang up in our kitchen one day to pay homage to our treasure hunt pirate: and to have a little bit of heritage in our homes always.
Thats cool to find something like that, although it doesnt compare to what you found, It made me remember how much fun I had digging up cow bones when my parents had a pool put in, I guess years before our house was built the land was used for a farm. I remember being so proud of those bones :)
thank you for sharing that with us :)

Here goes my list... :earseek:
snowglobes
fridge magnets
coffee mugs
keychains
pressed pennies
ceramic figures,Mickey my fave
t-shirt with the year
photo-album with year
picture frame with year/and any other ....
watches....gotta have 'em
charms, ear rings,
postcards/anything for scrapbook
pictures from rides/parks
i guess i should stop there! :rotfl2:

We collect the pressed pennies. I get just as excited as my children when we come across a machine(we collect them from all over, not just Disney) ::MickeyMo

I collect pins! I love to just walk around the parks in search of new pins. (You mean that there are rides at the parks). I love to trade with other guests and CMs.

DW collects snowglobes and together we also collect the animation cells. However, we have no room left on the walls of our family room for any additional cells. Maybe we should put an addition on the the house just for the Disney Collections?

Looks like we need to start another Disney collection...LOL

Anything Pluto related. Especially beanies. I also have a lanyard full of Pluto pins.

Christmas ornaments.

Magnets.

DH collects shot glasses from the parks and rides (you'd be surprises how many ride souvie shops sell them!).

DD does the pins.

DS is just getting into the pins, but he usually picks up a toy or stuffed animal along the way.

I always get an ornament from the resort (I love those little brass ones with the resort etched on it) and an ornament with the characters and the year. And I always look at the watches, but don't buy every trip (well, okay, MOST trips!).

I collect the lithographs that come out at Disney stores with the pre-sale purchase of the movies....I always check them out when I'm at WDW too, to see if there is anything I need to add to my collection.

I collect post cards as well, so each trip I try to find some new and different ones to add to my collection. I also get a shot glass each time I am down there. I've recently bought 2 Disney snow globes, so I might start adding those to my collection every now and then.

I began a collection for my DD2 on her first trip there. I started getting her the crystal figurines that are only sold at the fancy gift shop in the Mexico Pavilion (not sure of the name). They are so beautiful. Pricey, but worth it. While I started her on the pins as well, I also wanted something a little nicer for her that she can put on display when she's older. And I like that you can't buy them just anywhere. princess:

Each time we go, I go to the shop in Japan and buy a lucky cat. The theory is they can bring you luck, happiness, wealth, etc etc...depending on the color of your cat. They all hold up one paw beside their cute little faces.

I also ALWAYS buy a shirt. Every time I wear it, I remember my trip.

PamNC

Anything I can put on a wall! Postcards, posters, cells, lithos. I used to collect trinkets and home stuff, but I noticed they just became dust holders.

I love Disney artwork!

We collect many Disney items, but our main collection is Disney coffee mugs of all different sizes. We have over 175 mugs in our collection.

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

In 2001 I started collecting Tinkerbell figurines. Last year I bought 2 of them because I just couldn't decide! :teeth:

Debbie

1. Engel-Puppen dolls from Germany in Epcot

2. Anything with Alice in Wonderland on it.

I always buy Christmas ornaments. My DH laughs at me...he knows that we need to put aside at least $100.00 for the Christmas stores. I am determined to have my entire tree be just ornaments from WDW!!! I also always make sure to get at least 1 dated ornament.

I collected postcards from the parks first but then liked the idea of the pennies.

So on the last day of a trip I decided to go to all 4 parks and get as many as I could. Then the next year when I went back I got the rest, and then new ones.

This time I will be completing my collection. The hard thing is that they will never be complete because they always change the machines!

Chirstmas ornaments are what I like the most. I get probably 4 or 5 each trip. (sometimes I get more though! And, btw, I count any "collection" as one ornament! ;) ) I also want my tree to be totally Disney one day (and ornaments my kids made).
I also get magnets and coffee mugs too!

My dd and I do the pins. When we're at home they just hang on a lanyard on a hook, collecting dust for 18 months, but we really enjoy doing pins in the World. Last time we were there she collected anything Lilo and Stitch. I always get one for the resort I'm at, at the very least.

I like the idea of collecting magnets... they are useful. I like things to be useful!

I collect Disney license plates (not just WDW, but all Disney) which I didn't notice anyone else mentioning. I love it! There is a very small, but select :rolleyes: group of us Disney license plate collectors. I even subscribe to the Disney license plate catalog news email, (an unofficial website, started, and wonderfully maintained, by a fellow collector)! There are hundreds available, but my collection is no where near that number yet. My favorites are from the WDW resorts and from Tokyo Disney Sea. At present they are all just in a cardboard box, but one day they will be displayed with love (when we have a larger home!). I can't wait to go back in Sept./Oct. to add to the collection and to get the ones for the newest attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter