What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

Sorry for the question but I am a bit confused
I was wondering if someone could help with a birth certificate / ID card issue
I have 2 rooms booked and we are using Disney Transportation to the port from MCO

One of the rooms is totally checked in and has a PAT and boarding group. The other is waiting for my 16-year-old daughter's ID card to come from the DMV, the wait for the passport was too long. If I upload the confirmation of the application and correct it at port will that be ok? It says on the front of the document "not a verified identification"
I have seen some posts that say using Disney Transportation does not guarantee a PAT and boarding group.

Thank you

Last edited:
If I upload the confirmation of the application and correct it at port will that be ok? It says on the front of the document "not a verified identification"
I have seen some posts that say using Disney Transportation does not guarantee a PAT and boarding group.
It is certainly worth trying to submit the ID application — the worst that could happen is it won’t be accepted and you will need to wait for the official ID to complete check-in.

When using Disney transportation from the airport, you do still need to get a boarding group.

It is certainly worth trying to submit the ID application — the worst that could happen is it won’t be accepted and you will need to wait for the official ID to complete check-in.

When using Disney transportation from the airport, you do still need to get a boarding group.
Thank you for your response.

I went ahead and submitted what we had and got BG 3. The good news is that we found out just now that the ID card was mailed today so we should have it soon.

Thanks again

So I will be able to do online check in this Friday for our Alaskan cruise....Whats the benefits for being up at midnight and getting us all checked in. It's been way to long since I've been on a cruise.

So I will be able to do online check in this Friday for our Alaskan cruise....Whats the benefits for being up at midnight and getting us all checked in. It's been way to long since I've been on a cruise.
An earlier Port Arrival Time which usually equates to an earlier Boarding Group. If you don't care what time you get to the port then sleep in!! Most people want to get on early to see if they can get a Palo reservation or one of the alcohol tastings.

MJ

I’m not sure what needs to be done in this situation. can Someone help?

We are US citizens.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 50
I’m not sure what needs to be done in this situation. can Someone help?

We are US citizens.

Call DCL to be sure but I think for online check in you only need to upload your passport/security photo like any other cruise. I believe, but I am not sure, those other documents are for non US Citizens.

MJ

Is there any logic/reasoning as to when online check-ins are approved? We have 3 (consecutive) staterooms for a July 1 cruise. 2 Gold rooms, 1 Silver. 11 People. We checked-in back on the dates that they opened. On 6/13 we got the word that Gold room 1 was approved. 6/14 Silver room was approved. Gold room 2 is still pending review. I know it can take right up until the departure but find it so interesting that the vetting of the check-in appears to be completely random!

Is there any logic/reasoning as to when online check-ins are approved? We have 3 (consecutive) staterooms for a July 1 cruise. 2 Gold rooms, 1 Silver. 11 People. We checked-in back on the dates that they opened. On 6/13 we got the word that Gold room 1 was approved. 6/14 Silver room was approved. Gold room 2 is still pending review. I know it can take right up until the departure but find it so interesting that the vetting of the check-in appears to be completely random!
I've never heard/seen that there's any rhyme or reason to it. As you said, sometimes it happens only a few days before sailing. I had one that was approved about a week out (last September) and one that was approved within hours of me submitting (in March of this year, for an late April cruise).

Pictures with eyeglasses. On-line don'ts only says no sunglasses. Are normal eyeglasses ok or not?

Yes, regular glasses are fine as long as your eyes are visible and no glare as mentioned.

MJ

If you have multiple staterooms, you have to do them one at a time. You can do it from one log in, just switch reservations.

Preparation:
1. have downloaded to your device 1) a clean headshot of each person (straight on, no eyeglasses, hats or hair accessories, shoulders included, cannot be the same as passport photo), low resolution and 2) passport photo. Must be JPEG file!
2. a document with each passenger's birthdate, address, cell phone, email address, passport number, passport expiration, safe word for kids club, emergency contact name, emergency contact phone number, credit card information
3. Flight information for all legs -- date, airline, airport from, airport to, confirmation number/record locator number, flight number, time departure, time arrival

For speed:
1. Upload photo and if it says it doesn't meet the criteria, click SAVE and move on. Deal with it after you get your PAT.
2. For Onboard account, select Cash to get through it quickly
3. For Travel Plans, select Driving to get through it quickly. I just used home address for the return.
4. Finish each stateroom then go back and fix photo, add credit card, add flight information.

You can change PAT times, so keep checking to see if any better ones become available closer to the cruise.

You can edit the Online Checkin information as much as you want (at least I have so far), until that piece of it goes under review and can't be modified.
I know this may sound like a silly question but I'm not sure how to get a jpg of our passport photos. Do they really want me to take a picture of it with my phone, and crop it to include just the photo? (iPhones take photos in HEIC format), and is this in addition to a SECOND headshot photo? Why the need for two photos? We were on Virgin last year and we took a selfie on our app to attach to our account for each person in our party.

thanks for any help!

I know this may sound like a silly question but I'm not sure how to get a jpg of our passport photos. Do they really want me to take a picture of it with my phone, and crop it to include just the photo? (iPhones take photos in HEIC format), and is this in addition to a SECOND headshot photo? Why the need for two photos? We were on Virgin last year and we took a selfie on our app to attach to our account for each person in our party.

thanks for any help!
You only need one headshot photo. Some cruise lines do it as a selife in the app (Princess does it this way too), for DCL you have to take a picture and upload it. But it serves the same purpose, to ID you when you scan your key to the world card. No, you don't crop the photo of the passport to just include your photo. You need a photo of the passport itself (the page with your picture and the information).

So, one picture of your passport, and another photo of just you, shoulders up (headshot photo).

You only need one headshot photo. Some cruise lines do it as a selife in the app (Princess does it this way too), for DCL you have to take a picture and upload it. But it serves the same purpose, to ID you when you scan your key to the world card. No, you don't crop the photo of the passport to just include your photo. You need a photo of the passport itself (the page with your picture and the information).

So, one picture of your passport, and another photo of just you, shoulders up (headshot photo).
thank you! The original post said "passport photo and headshot photo" and it made me think that it meant your passport photo as a jpg, not the "photo OF the passport". that makes more sense, thanks. Yes, same as Virgin.

thanks for any help!
I had no problem using HEIC photos for DCL earlier this year. I know they don't work for every application, but for the DCL app, they went through just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter