What can you use Future Cruise Credits for?

BigDadNau

Master of the House, Keeper of the Zoo
This has probably been asked elsewhere, but have been unable to find it. So my apologies if this is a repeat.

We are going to use our FCC to book another cruise, but will have significant credit left over. What exactly can it be used for? Does it become an onboard credit that can be spent on anything ship wide, or are there a tighter set of restrictions on how that excess credit be used?

I was told that it could be an onboard credit to be used for whatever. I was also told a year ago that anything left over would be refunded, but at 100% of what you originally paid to get that credit. (Basically, you'll get 80% of the remaining FCC credit back as cash, which should be equivalent to what you would have received if you got a cash refund instead of getting a 125% FCC.) In other words, if you had $1000 left over, you would get an $800 refund, because 125% of $800 is $1000.

Just to follow up on this. When rebooking for April of next year, the Disney representative did confirm with me that the FCC not used prior to sailing would convert to on board credit whish would expire at the end of the sailing. That credit could be used for anything on the ship...excursions, merchandise, and yes...umbrella drinks! The credit could also be used to book cover things I had previously booked outside of Disney (if you now booked them through Disney that is)...things such as airfare, trip insurance, ground transport.

So after booking my trip, I will have something like $2500 to play with on the ship...pretty cool! Guess drinks are on me!

Just to follow up on this. When rebooking for April of next year, the Disney representative did confirm with me that the FCC not used prior to sailing would convert to on board credit whish would expire at the end of the sailing. That credit could be used for anything on the ship...excursions, merchandise, and yes...umbrella drinks! The credit could also be used to book cover things I had previously booked outside of Disney (if you now booked them through Disney that is)...things such as airfare, trip insurance, ground transport.

So after booking my trip, I will have something like $2500 to play with on the ship...pretty cool! Guess drinks are on me!

Ya for some cruises the FCC credit/ moved money can get pretty big. Some of it is "free" - the 25% extra, but some of it can be part of the original money you paid for your cruise and the way the DCL agent explained it to me, was this. If you booked an original cruise that was $8000, and it was canceled. You now have $10,000 ($2000 extra from the 25% bonus) to spend on a new cruise. If you apply that to a cruise that costs $7000 (or apply it to another cruise you already paid a deposit on, and have only $7000 left to pay, even if the cruise originally cost $9000) you will have $3000 credit on the ship when you board, and it's use it or lose it. $1000 of that is technically "your money" not "bonus" credit money, and being forced to spend it, is a little sour, but thats the way it goes if you want to use the FCC in that way. This is at least the way it was explained to me, but everything is fluid and changes regularly at DCL these days.

The easiest way is to just take a full refund, but that extra 25% bonus is so tempting to pass up!

Ya for some cruises the FCC credit/ moved money can get pretty big. Some of it is "free" - the 25% extra, but some of it can be part of the original money you paid for your cruise and the way the DCL agent explained it to me, was this. If you booked an original cruise that was $8000, and it was canceled. You now have $10,000 ($2000 extra from the 25% bonus) to spend on a new cruise. If you apply that to a cruise that costs $7000 (or apply it to another cruise you already paid a deposit on, and have only $7000 left to pay, even if the cruise originally cost $9000) you will have $3000 credit on the ship when you board, and it's use it or lose it. $1000 of that is technically "your money" not "bonus" credit money, and being forced to spend it, is a little sour, but thats the way it goes if you want to use the FCC in that way. This is at least the way it was explained to me, but everything is fluid and changes regularly at DCL these days.

The easiest way is to just take a full refund, but that extra 25% bonus is so tempting to pass up!
I thought that the 25% credit was the lesser of concept. In other words, if you booked an original cruise that was $8,000, and got the 25% credit, you could book a new cruise for $10,000 or less and not have to pay anything additional.

Does anyone know if you can split credit between two cruises? Like from one more expensive cruise and use the credit to pay for one and a part of another cruise?

I thought that the 25% credit was the lesser of concept. In other words, if you booked an original cruise that was $8,000, and got the 25% credit, you could book a new cruise for $10,000 or less and not have to pay anything additional.

That is the general idea, and what most people do, but if you were able to transfer the FCC to another cruise you had a deposit on, which some people were able to do at points, you can end up with the situation I described.

I have a $1000 left over from our canceled cruise after transfering funds which included FCC and onboard credit to our new cruise. This $1000 has now been converted into an onboard credit. Can you use the onboard credit for Gratutuies and to book Disney cruise transfers from airport to port?

I have a $1000 left over from our canceled cruise after transfering funds which included FCC and onboard credit to our new cruise. This $1000 has now been converted into an onboard credit. Can you use the onboard credit for Gratutuies and to book Disney cruise transfers from airport to port?

I know you can use the on board credit to pay for gratuities. You can have that added at guest services when you get on board for them to take it out of your onboard credit. Just know even if you do that once you get on the ship they don’t usually take it out of your account until the end of your cruise. So make sure you budget to leave that amount left In your account.

Can you use the onboard credit for Gratutuies and to book Disney cruise transfers from airport to port?

If you're not sure you'll use all of your Future Cruise Credit onboard (including for gratuities, which, as noted above, is definitely possible), it is certainly worth asking your travel agent, if you used one, or Disney Cruise, if you booked directly, whether it's possible to use it for airport-port transfers. My guess would be yes, since that is still part of the cruise costs.

Does anyone know if you can split credit between two cruises? Like from one more expensive cruise and use the credit to pay for one and a part of another cruise?
Our TA was able to do this with the FCC from a cancelled cruise.

We currently have FCC applied to two different cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter