What are your thoughts on Tyler on the Disneyland podcasts?

I finally had some time to check out some of the videos and I didn’t think that they were awful. Maybe my expectations were lowered by this thread, and I mostly listened rather than carefully watching them to be truthful. But as a long time listener, I am feeling better about the future of the show (since the hiatus) after being able to view a couple of them. Tyler and Katrina seem to me to be pleasant, enthusiastic about Disneyland, and eager to connect with everyone, and the original team is as knowledgeable and fun as usual. I agree that at times they are out of sync and it may come off a little awkward, but I really believe that will improve and the chemistry will build as the show goes along and they gel together as a team.

Tyler had posted a sincere note on one of the videos about listening to the feedback about adding b-roll video and pictures which I agree could add to the videos. He also mentioned that they are working on a better filming space and refining the format. He seems to really want to listen to the feedback and build the show.

I would love it if they can add back some of the news segments. I’m eager to hear the team’s perspectives on some of the recent news. I think it would be fun if they could add in segments of Tony and/or Michael calling into the show when they can’t be present and maybe some prerecorded in the Park videos and reviews.

I’m sure they have lots of ideas and that the show will continue to evolve as they go along.

O HAI! I just created an account. I'll get some fancy permissions tomorrow when everyone in Orlando wakes up.

I'd like to step in and first of all say: Thanks so much for supporting all of us here at The DIS. It really means a lot to me and everyone on the team. Disney and theme parks in general, are my passion and it is all of YOU that allow me to go out and say I get to have fun at Disneyland for a living. Truly, a magical job and I don't forget it for a moment. THANK YOU.

Second: I will always try my hardest to put out the best content I can. Admittedly, this is all a learning experience for me. I've had my own youtube channel for years but it was very rarely personality based, so I'm working on my on-camera skills. It's something I think about all the time. I'll be the first one to admit that there can be improvements made. I don't think I'm the end all be all youtube entertainer.

I don't expect every single person to like me and that is ok. Everyone has their opinions and who am I to argue? I do, however, ask that you give us a chance. I think you will find that we have a real heart and passion for Disney and we will work very hard to put out the best entertainment we can. Maybe I haven't always hit the mark, but I promise you I will continue to give it my all. My mistakes make me better.

As far as Best & Worst of Disneyland goes: We have a very small recording space to contend with at the moment, and we do what we can with that space. I've been working on a permanent space, but it's slow going. For now, I've added some colored lights to the background and of course the B-roll/photos to help liven it up. This is a brand new format to all of us and we've added new faces to the crew, so we are still finding our way. A desk is just not possible right now. We truly don't have the space. I would like to continue to work on the setup, rest assured, the show is only going to get better.

None of this is meant to be an excuse, I'm just trying to offer some transparency and let ya'll know that we think very heavily and seriously on all of the aspects of the show.

Thanks again for all the support. I'll wrap it up here. Much love to everyone. Now back to lurking... *lurk lurk lurk*

Also, the Disneyland podcast WILL BE COMING BACK. Best & Worst of Disneyland was never meant as a replacement.

<3

Awesome! I am really looking forward to its return! In the meantime, I will try to get my fix listening to more Best and Worst.

O HAI! I just created an account. I'll get some fancy permissions tomorrow when everyone in Orlando wakes up.

I'd like to step in and first of all say: Thanks so much for supporting all of us here at The DIS. It really means a lot to me and everyone on the team. Disney and theme parks in general, are my passion and it is all of YOU that allow me to go out and say I get to have fun at Disneyland for a living. Truly, a magical job and I don't forget it for a moment. THANK YOU.

Second: I will always try my hardest to put out the best content I can. Admittedly, this is all a learning experience for me. I've had my own youtube channel for years but it was very rarely personality based, so I'm working on my on-camera skills. It's something I think about all the time. I'll be the first one to admit that there can be improvements made. I don't think I'm the end all be all youtube entertainer.

I don't expect every single person to like me and that is ok. Everyone has their opinions and who am I to argue? I do, however, ask that you give us a chance. I think you will find that we have a real heart and passion for Disney and we will work very hard to put out the best entertainment we can. Maybe I haven't always hit the mark, but I promise you I will continue to give it my all. My mistakes make me better.

As far as Best & Worst of Disneyland goes: We have a very small recording space to contend with at the moment, and we do what we can with that space. I've been working on a permanent space, but it's slow going. For now, I've added some colored lights to the background and of course the B-roll/photos to help liven it up. This is a brand new format to all of us and we've added new faces to the crew, so we are still finding our way. A desk is just not possible right now. We truly don't have the space. I would like to continue to work on the setup, rest assured, the show is only going to get better.

None of this is meant to be an excuse, I'm just trying to offer some transparency and let ya'll know that we think very heavily and seriously on all of the aspects of the show.

Thanks again for all the support. I'll wrap it up here. Much love to everyone. Now back to lurking... *lurk lurk lurk*

Hey Tyler,

Keep up the good work!

Anyone who has done YouTube videos before knows that they can't all be hits from the off. The best working formats take time to develop and sadly you don't have the luxury of having time to do a lot of retakes and edits as you need to get them out relatively quickly!

I'm seeing constant improvements in your work each time, because of that I have a lot of confidence that you will get the show to where you want it.

Can't wait to see what else you bring to the team!

Also, the Disneyland podcast WILL BE COMING BACK. Best & Worst of Disneyland was never meant as a replacement.

<3
Hey Tyler. Quick question. Does the Best & Worst of Disneyland have it's own channel yet or is it still being uploaded into the Disneyland feed? I can only see the first two shows available on iTunes. Thanks for your hard work!

Hey Tyler. Quick question. Does the Best & Worst of Disneyland have it's own channel yet or is it still being uploaded into the Disneyland feed? I can only see the first two shows available on iTunes. Thanks for your hard work!
It's going to be updated. While I was in Italy, the feeds just weren't updating properly for some reason and now I'm playing catch up.

And Tyler was totally clueless when Pete asked about him about the past and new DL president and fumbled around the question. As I previously mentioned, that DL group, both past and present, are better suited to audio podcasts than video podcasts.
This isn't a very good argument. You don't have to know about past a new presidents of the parks to be a fan. I couldn't list off most of the management, because frankly that content bores me to death. Our goal as experts is to help people plan exciting and interesting trips. Last time I checked you don't have to know who the DL president is to have a good time at Disneyland.

I can agree, definitely. But, the difference here is that The DIS makes money from views on YouTube and makes zero money on podcasts through iTunes.

Just looking at the number of YouTube views they are maybe making $40 per video average for the Orlando one. I know this is more than zero, but the real value of the YouTube stream an the podcast is from the constant Dreams Unlimited advertising they get in.

Yes audio was better because the main problem with going to video is we lost Michael Bowling who is up north, and to be fair to Tyler, no one could replace him both for his chemistry with the team and his knowledge. That was a huge blow, and I never understood how the Dis thought the DL podcast could even overcome that or be better without him.

It really makes me sad the directionless way this is going. I keep hoping Pete has a big surprise up his sleeve.
Michael wasn't lost because of going to video. Michael stepped aside from the show, because Connecting with Walt moving to a weekly format is better for that show and allows him to focus on delivering more historical content than on the Disneyland Show. It's like asking a backup quarterback if they'd rather sit on the sidelines and go in every once in awhile, or move on and be the star of their own team. It just makes more sense. And none of this is directionless. The content currently going up for Disneyland is something Tyler stepped up and wanted to produce and he's getting his feet under him still and actually looking at feedback and has big ideas in store for it. The Disneyland Show will be back when Pete is ready to bring it back and has nothing to do with the Best and Worst show.

This isn't a very good argument. You don't have to know about past a new presidents of the parks to be a fan. I couldn't list off most of the management, because frankly that content bores me to death. Our goal as experts is to help people plan exciting and interesting trips. Last time I checked you don't have to know who the DL president is to have a good time at Disneyland.

My only concern is when an attraction has been open for a year or more and the podcaster/YouTuber has never ridden it, that always bugs the heck out of me! (not that Tyler has done that, just that multiple podcasts I have listened to have had this problem)

My only concern is when an attraction has been open for a year or more and the podcaster/YouTuber has never ridden it, that always bugs the heck out of me! (not that Tyler has done that, just that multiple podcasts I have listened to have had this problem)
A line has to be drawn at some point though. Pete, John, and Kevin haven't experienced everything, but they are still trusted because they have knowledge in other areas that others don't. In other instances, some people do the things they want to do that interest them. Caribbean Beach has been open for years and I've never stayed there and I probably never will because it doesn't interest me, but luckily I can still help others with based on the experiences that I've had with other places.

And none of this is directionless. The content currently going up for Disneyland is something Tyler stepped up and wanted to produce and he's getting his feet under him still and actually looking at feedback and has big ideas in store for it. The Disneyland Show will be back when Pete is ready to bring it back and has nothing to do with the Best and Worst show.

I am tired of the debating.

If I have offended anyone on the DL team, I profusely apologize. It certainly wasn't my intention. I am absolutely rooting for you guys.

Last edited:
A line has to be drawn at some point though. Pete, John, and Kevin haven't experienced everything, but they are still trusted because they have knowledge in other areas that others don't. In other instances, some people do the things they want to do that interest them. Caribbean Beach has been open for years and I've never stayed there and I probably never will because it doesn't interest me, but luckily I can still help others with based on the experiences that I've had with other places.

It is somewhat different with WDW, to ride 100% of the attractions and stay at 100% of the resorts seems almost impossible! With DLR in three two day visits you can stay at all three hotels, ride everything, see every show and knock out most of the major dining experiences. One DLR podcast I tried out that I will not name the host hadn't seen "Mickey and the Magical Map" which at that point had been around for 4 1/2 years, I just couldn't go on listening.

The last show “The Top 6 Worst Guests.” was another improvement.
They are improving every time.
It’s a learning curve.

They will start to work better soon and have better “banter”.
Just takes time for people to get used to each other and learn what works and what doesn’t.

I agree that the latest show illustrates improvement made with the presentation - even just the camera angle being a bit lower I think helped a lot .... as for the content it came off a bit of "get off my lawn!" to me but I think format wise and stuff each episode is improving on the last

I am super over this arguing with the team. They come after my feedback and I consider myself a kind and courteous poster. A few months ago another one really came after me and it left me very uncomfortable here but I posted on this topic because I feel so passionately about the Disneyland content.

This morning I was just trying to show them a competitor has ads running on their board, because again, I am a fan. We aren't the enemy. When we come and say, hey your Itunes isn't working, we are trying to help

Anyways, I am done.

Thanks for commenting Tyler - and I don't think anyone was ever questioning your heart and/or passion (or, at least, I hope not) ... always enjoyed the Disneyland podcast and enjoy your vlogs in the park so excited for where this can go and definitely understand it is a work in progress (hopefully much of the comments have come off as constructive criticism)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter