What are you making for the Superbowl?

Loaded chili cheese fries. Velveeta & chili in a crockpot & some fresh onion & salsa. Been a tradition for a few years now. YUM! Dessert will probably be a few chocolate topped shortbread bars from the batch I'm making for DD to take to a party.

Buffalo chicken sliders with blue cheese slaw (thanks Pinterest!) and my DS13 begged me to make artichoke dip. We are going to our neighbors, so I'm sure she is making something too. And beer. Lots of beer.

I'm not making any food.

I'm making the stage. Beyonce's stage.

Cool! Have fun!

We aren't doing anything special just a Sunday gravy with meatballs and then Ice Cream from our favorite local ice cream shop. DH has to be at work early Monday morning.

Not real excited about either team. The Harbaugh brother's story is interesting. But the game is being played in New Orleans just down I 10 from us so the atmosphere has spilled over to our area.

I have to work tomorrow, but DH and DS14 love a good game. So I bought snacks yesterday for them. Don't tell the "Crappy food we loved as a kid" thread. We are having summer sausage and crackers and cheese-DHs favorite superbowl snack. Frozen potato skins, bagel bites, queso and cheese dip, chips, slice and bake chocolate chip cookies and frozen real fried chicken tenders, maybe a salad to round it all out :rotfl2:. It will be just the 5 of us.

My hubby has been smoking a pork shoulder for the past 6 hrs for fresh pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow!!! Can't wait.

It will just be my husband and I, so I'm not making much. Decided to keep it simple since nobody is coming over.

We'll be having shredded chicken BBQ sandwiches, pasta salad, regular salad for dinner. Snacks I bought are chips, pretzels, salsa, salsa con queso. I'm also making chili dip. And beer. Lots of beer. :teeth:

Well I have totally changed my mind. I went to the store today and felt inspired to prep. We are doing guac and salsa with chips, meat and cheese tray with assorted crackers, buffalo chicken dip with celery and fritos, home made mozzarella sticks with marinara, spinach dip and crab Rangoon sliders. Dessert is brownies with ice cream and chocolate sauce. I am excited and cannot wait to eat! We are having 6 people over. Should be enjoyable.

I'm bringing mashed cheesy potatoes, home-grown sweetcorn bake, and carrot cake (from an actual recipe that used flour and shredded carrots as oppposed to my usual box mix) to the party! Meat is supplied by the host;)

Are u kidding--people who aren't Murlanders shouldn't attempt crabcakes ;)
<-------- raised in FRederick, MD

The ONLY way to make crab cakes is via the recipe on the Old Bay can. You can't buy Old Bay, don't waste your crab meat.
Grew up crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay - home of the blue crab

MD crab soup, turkey meatballs, vegetarian jambalaya. crab dip soft pretzels,taco dip, veggies. hummus. guacamole, salsa and chips. desserts are lemon trifle, brownies and ice cream cake.

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm making chili, nachos and some appetizers, haven't decided which apps yet. Going to store tomorrow and will decide then.

Also snack type things: pretzels, carrot sticks and raw broccoli w/ ranch dip.

Hubby has been working on his chili all night, it's world famous around these parts. :cool1: He also makes the cornbread to go with it.

I am also making a fruit and veggie platter, meatballs, a spinach/artichoke dip, a crab dip and several batches of chocolate chip cookies which I made this afternoon. We're having about 10 others over besides our kids and their friends who should probably be in and out. We're also serving beer and wine, sodas, and "RaveNation" cocktail:

* 1.5 ounces Bacardi Torched Cherry Rum
* 1 splash pomegranate juice
* Sprite

We're dire hard Ravens fans around here so you can feel the nervous energy already. Can't wait until tomorrow! :banana:

The ONLY way to make crab cakes is via the recipe on the Old Bay can. You can't buy Old Bay, don't waste your crab meat.
Grew up crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay - home of the blue crab

And the only good canned crab to buy is Philips!

My DH always gets crab cakes when we go to other cities and I always remind him what a dumb idea that is. And I am always right. :lmao: We know how to make crab cakes like no one else hon!

We're having an assortment of appetizers - asian chicken wings, sweet chili chicken wings, artichoke and spinach dip with chips, caprese salad, crudite, shrimp cocktail and cocktail franks. For dessert oreo cake. Stella beer.

I have some turkey chili in the freezer I was going to have also, but it's already too much so that plan is scratched.

Dang, the grocery store was crazy today! I could not find one can of chili with no beans except for the HUGE cans (and that was for dinner tonight).

The hot dog buns were almost gone, the chip aisle was crazy, sour cream flying away, salami and the liquor section was "excuse me, let me just grab this". :crowded: Oh and I watched the butcher bringing out chicken wings and watched woman grabbing for them off the cart ::yes::

I get a kick out of looking what is flying off the shelves. Because I'm nosy like that! :thumbsup2

Everyones bringing an app so I ordered from our local hawaiin bbq place. They have the best chicken and kalali ribs with fried rice, mac salad and the best dang asian coleslaw (tons of cilantro) ever! Everyone loves it. The game is so dang long, it's great to put the meat in chaffing dishes to keep warm - will last all game.

Of course pretzels and pistachios all over the place.

Decorations are already done. I'm just curious to see what the "dead soldier" count will be of our chardonney bottles. I'm guessing with us gals, I'd take the over - 6. (We all live on the same cul de sac)

I like hosting because I'm not much into it as the commercials. My hubby said that he read the absurb amount of chicken wings that will be consummed tomorrow. :woohoo:

Hope it's a good game. I guess since I'm from Cali I have to go for 49ers. I guess. Have fun everyone! :wizard:

Bacon explosion (aka "fattie"), and turkey legs on the smoker.

I'm making:

Gumbo
Guacamole
Bacon wrapped smokies
Dill pickle dip (like the rolls)
Pineapple cobbler
Peanut Butter Brownies

Well, since I live about a quarter of a mile from the Bay, I don't even like my crab meat out of a carton (no matter who packages it)...I like the crab pulled off the chicken neck on the line and steamed before picking it for the crab cake. I can't eat crab cakes in many places...too much filler and mush. I can get pretty good crab cakes around me.

That said, it's not crab season.....so we're having chili and clam dip (yummy!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter