• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the All Star resorts like?

We have always stayed at All-Star Music and never had an issue... We are now doing split stays between ASMu and mods/deluxes as our budget allows. We are very comfortable at ASMu and find it hard to justify the added expense of staying elsewhere when as you say we are basically just ''sleeping and showering''.

Lucky you to be spending 21 days there!!! :cheer2:

We stayed in All Star Music several years ago. It was basic, but extremely clean. We refer to that resort as the Hotel of Misfit Furnishings. The interior, at the time, was mismatched. The border, drapes, carpet, bed spread, nothing coordinated, but it was all musical. They've probably redone those rooms.

All Star Sports is my family's favorite Value. We love it. It's always been clean, staffed by nice CM's, and it's the first bus stop. Love that when it's busy and at the end of a long day. :) I think Music is our second favorite-we love the All Stars. Don't be scared off by the reviews, everyone has a different idea of what is ok. For us, we need a clean, safe place to lay our head, oh and a pool for my son to swim in. The All Stars check every box for us. I know so many people who won't stay in them because they are labeled "Value" but it's Disney! Disney Value is heads and shoulders above anyone else's Value. Have a great trip!:goodvibes

bxccah said:
I know, I actually cried when I booked it. I still have like 160 days to go but each day I can't stop obsessing over disney! Probably won't be back to WDW until around 2016-17 unless we somehow get a windfall of money. My sister wants to go for DD's birthday when she's around 6 or 7.

Perfect! I should have stated those reviews weren't on a disney site, they were on a travel site thing so there were literally thousands to go through and I only read about 10. Most of them said it was okay but I tend to obsess on the bad stuff!

Does anyone know if they have bell service for your luggage at All Star? Not bothered if I have to wait 2-3 hours for it and obviously I'll tip. I am using the magical express but I'm not flying domestic so i have to get our luggage from baggage claim and take it to the magical express bit myself (that's what it said in the email). At Saratoga, the luggage was all sort of dumped on the floor and everyone was rummaging to find it- not very organised! But then a lovely man names Rico came and took us to a golf buggy type thing and transported it for us after we checked in. Obviously I'm not expecting that at a Value- Im just wondering if staff would be able to assist me with getting my suitcase to my room whilst I carry my carry on bag and my backpack!

I'll definitely be doing a trip report, and as I'm going solo I'll have a lot of spare time, so I'll probably post on here when I arrive and let you all know how (hopefully) I'm happy with it!

Oh please please yes with a trip report....I am so excited for you and would love to subscribe to your trip report!

My first and only trip to the World was at the All Stars and I would stay there again. It is what it is a value resort but like all Disney property it is taking care of. The walk to the buses is not a huge deal. I loved having the laundry near the pool. Great to wash a load and swim, switch the load and keep swimmming.

Extremely jelous you get to stay so long.

I've only ever stayed at the AllStar's and have loved each and every stay. Last summer I stayed at Sports by myself and as a woman I never ever felt unsafe, the housekeeping was fantastic, etc. The walk to buses from my room was not long, the wait for the buses themselves wasn't long and the food was great. I love it! Although some day I'd like to stay at a more expensive resort just for the experience I personally love the value resorts so I can spend my saved money elsewhere. But I'm visiting again in May and again staying at Sports!

PS 21 days?! YOU LUCKY DUCK! :hippie:

DS and I always stay at ASMo. It started because he wanted to stay at the "Toy Story" hotel, but now we always stay because its perfectly fine.

I did go solo once and stayed at CSR. While it was nicer and roomier, I ended up kicking myself for it....what good were all the extra ammenities if I was at the parks all the time? Since it was just me, the extra space didn't really matter. Now, if the mods had a little more furniture, like a comfy chair for watching TV, that may have made a difference.

That said, if you are going for 21 days (lucky!!) you may want more ammenities. But if really just plan to be there to sleep and shower, I'd go for the values.

We stayed in a family suite at AS Music in 2011 and loved it! We thought the resort was very clean, nicely themed, had a fun atmosphere, and our location in the Jazz building #2 was very quiet (I don't recall seeing any large groups during our stay though). What's nice about the All Stars is that Sports has been going through recent room refurbishments and you can enjoy the pools and food courts of all three resorts because they are officially "sister resorts". Have a magical trip :thumbsup2

Anyone who has a 60min walk to a bus stop at any Disney resort is doing something wrong, or they walk REALLY slow. The longest one I've had was the 7-8min walk to the Little Mermaid section at AoA.

I've stayed at Sports and Music and they were both fine. If you have problems, tell the front desk and they'll be resolved immediately.

I agree, that's crazy!

We have stayed at all levels of resorts at WDW and, believe it or not, we really prefer the values now. When the kids were little we used to get 2 connecting rooms at The Poly. As the years have gone by and the kids have gotten bigger and turned into Disney adults and Disney has jacked their prices up, we tried out POR and CBR and then the values. Out kids loved the values! The Poly will probably always be my favorite, but I really like the values too - we only sleep and shower there to, maybe a swim or two.. All Star Movies is our favorite and then Pop. Liked the Little Mermaid rooms, but they were too far from the bus stop after a 12 hour park day. We have always had clean rooms and good customer service at the values.

I think someone must have had a bad trip and then felt the need to immensely exaggerate. Bed bugs can be an issue anywhere. We've stayed at all three All Stars and never had any sort of issue w/ bugs of any type. As others have said, there is not a 60 minute walk to a bus stop. You're looking at 10 minutes tops and that's at a very leisurely pace. Food courts are great at all three. The rooms have been clean, except once at Music we got a room that spelled really really really horribly... and they moved us promptly to another room. Actually, they upgraded us to a suite. We were feeling pretty spoiled by the end of the week. Customer service has been great at all three. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of them.

Have a fantastic time!

Op don't worry. UM not 60 minutes more like 7 max. We are staying at pop for 17 days and there is 4 of us. We love it. I haven't stayed at the sports but I'm sure it is more than fine. People tend to throw the values under the bus.

We did have to book a room only for 2 nights. Then we booked our FD Package for the max 14 nights.

This is just my personal opinion, but 21 days at Sports might be too much!!! I have stayed at all Disney resort levels ( values, mods and deluxe). I hano problem staying at value resorts like all stars, but I don't think I could ever stay there for more tan a week tops! Anything longer then a 6 night trip we opt for moderate or deluxe resort just b/c I know we will send more time at the resort and I want some where that has more amenities.

I agree with other posters have you thought of maybe doing a split stay between 2 resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter