What are Suites like at Poly?

devotedchristian

DIS Veteran
Are they worth the price? We are a family of 5 and would really like the extra room. But when I look at the price on disney.com, they are like $580 bucks a night and that is Value Season.

Please tell me what they are like. Oh, we will have a 3 year old so this is why we chose a Monorail Resort AND we have always wanted to go to Hawaii. :blush:

Also, if you had a Suite at Poly, what was your rate?

Go to my link to see the suites. They are closed right now for a rehab and should be open back up around April.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/

The suite room that is $580 is only one room in the Tonga Longhouse and it is smaller than most of the standard rooms with only one bed. It is the same price as a lagoon view concierge room in Hawaii longhouse but is not normally sold by itself. It is an add on room to the King Kamehameha room. The cheapest suite that is larger than a standard room is The one bedroom Princess suite that is $700 value season and $805 regular season.

Don't expect any discounts on the suites. I have been offered a slightly better rate when wanting to switch after I was there but I have never seen a discount for the suites when booking.

Aloha

Steve

The regular rooms at the Poly are pretty roomy, even for a family of five, especially when at least one of the five is a child. We had 3 adults and two children, ages 2½ and 4 and didn't feel cramped at all. You could stay in a regular concierge room. As a concierge guest you'd have access to the lounge, so you could get away from the room while someone else napped, showered, whatever. At least you'd have a better chance of getting a discount on these. The non-concierge rooms are the same size, but you wouldn't have the lounge as an escape.

We also went with 5, 2 adults, 2 5 year olds and 1 almost 3 year old and i felt the room was very comfortable(just regular room) I would be certain to get a room with a balcony(the balcony's are huge). You do feel like you are in hawaii there.. (been to real hawaii twice :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter