"What am I even doing with my life?" Comments Welcome!

It’s kind of funny. Those are almost EXACTLY the paces you gave me at the start of Princess. I ended up being able to increase them after a MM, but it’s cool to see I haven’t had that much of a loss of fitness.

I’m just mad at myself because I wish I would have continued some sort of firm training even though I didn’t have any races. My fitness could have improved so much. Oh well. Nothing I can do but continue now.

I’m going to slow down a bit on today’s run (just 25 minutes again) and see how it feels.

If October 15 is my last day of c25k and I do the MM after that, would Oct 25 make sense to plan to jump into the more “introductory plan?” Obviously assuming your availability and time to work on it :)

I ran my 25 minutes today as part of Week 7 Day 2 of C25k and I am displeased.

I purposefully slowed down my pace in consideration of recent discussions about my "easy run" pacing.

I clocked in with a 15:46 pace, but my HR was even higher than Monday at 173? Honestly, I just don't understand it. Other than being bored (I usually run with someone) and feeling some tightness in my calves (which I think was from my stride changing by slowing down), I felt fine.

I know weather can affect HR and how hard a run feels, but the weather was pretty similar. It's currently 66 with 90% humidity. Monday it was 66 degrees with 98(!!)% humidity when I started. The humidity dropped to 88% when I finished.

I went almost a 2 full minutes per mile slower but my HR was higher? I don't know, maybe my watch is just done for (I'm grasping at straws here). It also keeps saying that my v02max keeps decreasing.

**Edit - And I know that HR should really just be a data point and a secondary measure to look at, but I just find it so strange.

Last edited:
Stacy, can you borrow someone's watch to check the heart rate accuracy of your watch? My daughter thought her Apple watch was giving her high readings so she wore it on one wrist and my Garmin on the other for a couple of runs. In her case she had almost identical readings, but you don't know until you check.

I ran my 25 minutes today as part of Week 7 Day 2 of C25k and I am displeased.

I purposefully slowed down my pace in consideration of recent discussions about my "easy run" pacing.

I clocked in with a 15:46 pace, but my HR was even higher than Monday at 173? Honestly, I just don't understand it. Other than being bored (I usually run with someone) and feeling some tightness in my calves (which I think was from my stride changing by slowing down), I felt fine.

I know weather can affect HR and how hard a run feels, but the weather was pretty similar. It's currently 66 with 90% humidity. Monday it was 66 degrees with 98(!!)% humidity when I started. The humidity dropped to 88% when I finished.

I went almost a 2 full minutes per mile slower but my HR was higher? I don't know, maybe my watch is just done for (I'm grasping at straws here). It also keeps saying that my v02max keeps decreasing.

**Edit - And I know that HR should really just be a data point and a secondary measure to look at, but I just find it so strange.

Something seems off. @Kerry1957 has a good suggestion. The other is trying to just walk and see what kind of HR it gives you, and then try and do a manual heartbeat test to see if its reasonably close. But it's a bit of a stretch to see the same HR at a 2 min/mile difference within a week's time under similar conditions. Might be time for a new running watch.

I think I have an older watch I can try and test my HR with. Otherwise, I don't think I'll focus on it too much and pay more attention to effort. I'm not concerned about my actual heart health or anything and nothing has ever come up during physicals. (My resting HR is around 60). Thanks for the advice and suggestions!

C25K is pretty boring to report on, so I'll just go ahead and say I did Week 7, Day 3 yesterday. Again just 25 minutes, not including warm up and cool down. One week left.

Last edited:
Just two days left.

Ran 28 minutes continuous the other day. Super humid. Nothing exciting to report.

I'm very ready to start doing longer runs again.

@DopeyBadger with c25k coming to a close, is there some info you need from me to start developing a plan? I anticipate doing a MM on Sunday.

@DopeyBadger with c25k coming to a close, is there some info you need from me to start developing a plan? I anticipate doing a MM on Sunday.

All the normal questions

-Days per week, time per day
-Known conflicts
-Races and goals
-Weekly duration/mileage from each of the last six weeks
-likes/dislikes from previous plans

I ran my scheduled and uneventful 28 minutes on Friday.

All the normal questions

-Days per week, time per day
-Known conflicts
-Races and goals
-Weekly duration/mileage from each of the last six weeks
-likes/dislikes from previous plans

I’m putting together answers to this! I need to take a look at my work schedule, but I’m off for a long weekend and I refuse to log in and check because I KNOW I’ll get pulled into something. Haha

BUT. In the meantime, I did my Magic Mile today!
I’m actually pretty pleased about it. It was faster than my last magic mile back in November 2019 when I was running regularly. I guess doing insanity, max 30, etc over the past year kept my fitness up more than I thought! My prior MM was 11:01. And now….

Mile - 10:47

It was not even, unfortunately. Went out way too fast. I did stop to walk for about 30 seconds after the first half mile.

This week I started my first "full" week of a new plan by @DopeyBadger. The plan started last week. This is a base plan for 8 weeks meant to build up my weekly time/mileage and up my continuous running without ramping up too fast from the low time/mileage of C25k. It's really a building block for what's coming in 2022.

My Easy Continuous pace is 14:30. I was a little fast yesterday. Today, I was a teensy bit slow, but there were hills on my route. I had no hills yesterday. My HR was 161 for both runs.

Quote Reply

I finished out the week.

Thursday was a blind run and it was TOUGH not to look at my watch. I learned from Thursday and Saturday's runs that I really need to work on my pacing. My paces are all over the place. Saturday's average was right on target, but only because I kept peaking at my watch and adjusting.

Blind Run-

Saturday Run-

Even pacing can be difficult to get the hang of. Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it!

Last week was kind of a mess. Very very long story short, my team lead at work quit about 2 months ago and I've taken over all her work. I'm in the process of interviewing for a promotion and it all came to a head last week (in addition to a family member going to the ER) and it really messed up my running schedule. My last interview is this Thursday, but none of my runs should be affected. Later today I'll be running my scheduled 2.

The mess has continued into this week. My s/o's mother went to the ER on Tuesday around 10:30 pm. My s/o took her and they weren't seen until the wee hours of the morning. She was admitted around 7:30am the next day. She's back home today, but it's been a very stressful couple of days. My interview was today, but that was a piece of cake. It was honestly 5 minutes long because it was with my current manager. I'm just waiting for HR to get back to me on next steps.

My runs, however, went really well so far this week. They all felt really really good. I was really nervous about today's run. Yesterday I was walking around my house and went to take a step when I suddenly felt extreme pain in my left knee. I couldn't put any weight on it at all for a good 10 minutes. It didn't hurt at all to bend, but any pressure on it was terrible. Later that day, I was able to walk on it without pain, but any type of squatting motion (like to sit) hurt really bad. Today? Can't feel a thing. No idea what I did, but thankful it was nothing serious.

Mileage is still very low because this plan is transitioning from run/walk. However, I'm so happy to see some runs coming up in the future that are longer than 2 miles! I'm very ready for it.

I finished out the week. Today was a 4 mile run/walk. The overall average pace was supposed to be 14:56 so I was a little fast. Each mile was a negative split that got progressively faster, so pacing is still something I need to work on.

I am loving the new watch so far. The run/walk alerts are super easy to use and starting/stopping runs is so much easier without a touch screen. Also, I know things like "body battery" are really just made up stats that are only so accurate, but I find these features so fun to look at.

Here is where I am at for the week so far. My EC pace should be 14:30. For tomorrow, my LRC pace should be 14:00.

Tuesday felt weirdly hard. Like..even the first 1/4 a mile felt hard. I think it was mostly mental - I was just NOT feeling a run that day. Yesterday, however, felt great. I felt really relaxed, my HR was low, and mentally everything felt good.

In other news, I did get that promotion I've been talking about. It's effective 12/1. It's about a 10% pay increase, which is lower than what I was hoping for, but doesn't everyone always want more?!

I finished last week and have one more run this week. Nothing super exciting about any of these runs, but wanted to drop an update so that a certain Coach didn't think I was falling behind :). No idea why these screenshots are always so blurry, but it's still easier than typing it out!

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of you in the US!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!