What am I doing wrong?

disneyvoice

DIS Veteran
For some reason I have NEVER been able to book a 4th FP. I am super confused and must be doing something wrong. Can someone help me out?

So, let's say we make our 3 FP selections on our 180 day mark for MK. When we get to MK we do all 3 FPs. I then go to my MDE on my phone and and attempt to get a FP for another MK attraction. I get the same message every single time - it's says something like "you are only allowed to hold 3 advanced FP selections at one time." (I'm paraphrasing because I can remember the exact wording). I get this same message whether I attempt to make a FP as soon as we have used our MBs to get in line at our 3rd FP or whether it is 4 hours (or longer) after we have used our 3rd FP. I refresh and try again, over and over but still get the same message.

This has happened on three separate trips now. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like to me you are picking the wrong day or someone in the party is not scanning in and using one of their 3 FP. But if it's happening over 3 trips it's something your clicking wrong. Have you tried to do it on the website instead of the app?

It should show you who still has a FP so you should be able to see what FP is unused or still in MDE

When the 3 FP are used as soon as you open MDE and go to book a FP MDE says "Members of your party are eligible for more FP" or something similar to that.

For some reason I have NEVER been able to book a 4th FP. I am super confused and must be doing something wrong. Can someone help me out?

So, let's say we make our 3 FP selections on our 180 day mark for MK. When we get to MK we do all 3 FPs. I then go to my MDE on my phone and and attempt to get a FP for another MK attraction. I get the same message every single time - it's says something like "you are only allowed to hold 3 advanced FP selections at one time." (I'm paraphrasing because I can remember the exact wording). I get this same message whether I attempt to make a FP as soon as we have used our MBs to get in line at our 3rd FP or whether it is 4 hours (or longer) after we have used our 3rd FP. I refresh and try again, over and over but still get the same message.

This has happened on three separate trips now. What am I doing wrong?

That would be frustrating! Have you tried going to a kiosk or guest relations to talk with someone about it? I know that going to the kiosk defeats the purpose of being able to use MDE to quickly book a 4th FP, but there would potentially be a cast member there to help you out. Maybe it's something in the software?...which is almost more frustrating!

I'v tried both the App and just logging into the website from my phone. It has just been my DH and I on all three trips and we are both scanning into the FP rides at the same time. Will it not let you get additional FPs after your 3rd if you have 3 FPs for all the other days of your trip already? I didn't think that would make a difference but it is the only thing I can think of. It seems to happen though even if it is the last day of vacation and we have no other FPs scheduled at all.

If it happens on our January trip I am going to ask a CM what the issue is. It hasn't ruined our day or anything, we go so often we don't get upset if we can't get every FP we want. I haven't asked a CM in the past because it hasn't been huge deal - the lines we fairly reasonable on the other rides we wanted to do.

I'v tried both the App and just logging into the website from my phone. It has just been my DH and I on all three trips and we are both scanning into the FP rides at the same time. Will it not let you get additional FPs after your 3rd if you have 3 FPs for all the other days of your trip already? I didn't think that would make a difference but it is the only thing I can think of. It seems to happen though even if it is the last day of vacation and we have no other FPs scheduled at all.

Nah, that has nothing to do with it.
You haven't said what it shows for your existing FP for the day in question. After you've used the FP for that day, when you open the FP screen, what does it show? Anything for that day or just the FP for the next day(s)?

I would definitely talk to a CM about it. Sound like something is really wrong.

If it happens on our January trip I am going to ask a CM what the issue is. It hasn't ruined our day or anything, we go so often we don't get upset if we can't get every FP we want. I haven't asked a CM in the past because it hasn't been huge deal - the lines we fairly reasonable on the other rides we wanted to do.
I wouldn't even do that first. I'd go to a kiosk and attempt to make a FP there. See what happens. If it gives the same error call the CM over and ask them for help and see what they say. If it doesn't return any errors there then book and use the FP and see if you can book a 5th on your phone. If you can't then I'd go to GS and explain what's happened and see if they can get to the bottom of it.

Nah, that has nothing to do with it.
You haven't said what it shows for your existing FP for the day in question. After you've used the FP for that day, when you open the FP screen, what does it show? Anything for that day or just the FP for the next day(s)?

I'm pretty sure all of our FPs have still be showing up - even when it has been hours since we did the last FP. We always scan in like you are supposed to. Are the FPs supposed to fall off the list when you use them? If so, that must be the problem, for some reason ours aren't coming off our list when we use them.

I'm pretty sure all of our FPs have still be showing up - even when it has been hours since we did the last FP. We always scan in like you are supposed to. Are the FPs supposed to fall off the list when you use them? If so, that must be the problem, for some reason ours aren't coming off our list when we use them.
Yes, once you use them they go away from your list. If they are still showing up then something is going wrong for sure
When you tap in to the rides does it turn green or does it flash blue and then turn green?
Is it every park or just MK?

I wonder if their Tech Support can see past FP redemption in your account? If they can it's possible you can call and get them to look at it before your trip, if you want

This happened to us once-- we had used the FP's but they stayed showing MDE as if we hadn't used them. Even when we used the "refresh plans" icon. I just used the "modify" function and it let me change the FP to something else. We were busy and didn't want to bother with going to GS, so we just modified all day.

If they’re still showing up, try to change them. You should be able to modify an existing FP for a later one.

That is definitely the problem then! I didn't think about it at the time because I didn't know they were supposed to fall off once we used them - I just assumed the system somehow recognized that they had been used. I did think it was weird that some of our FPs never fell off - even days later.

It happened at every park, to some extent. At MK none of the FPs fell off. At Epcot our FEA FP stayed on the entire trip, 5 days after we used it.

When we tap into the ride it is always green (well except for the first time we went into Pandora and I somehow got turned around and took us to the FP for FoP instead NRJ. We got the embarrassing blue Mickey that symbolized my stupidity for that one. LOL!!)

Thank you everyone! Now I at least know what the problem is and can ask about it when we get there in January.

This happens to us too about 50% of the time. I just go and modify one of the FP+ that is stuck in the account. I have no idea why it happens sometimes and not others, I have never bothered to go to GR because I have been pretty successful using the modify FP+ option. It also seems to come and go with App updates, more joys of Disney IT.

FWIW, this is how it always shows up for me too. They'll be a FP or two still sitting there on that screen in the app even though I've used them. Although them being there has never prevented me from making a 4th FP, we do it all the time.

That is definitely the problem then! I didn't think about it at the time because I didn't know they were supposed to fall off once we used them - I just assumed the system somehow recognized that they had been used. I did think it was weird that some of our FPs never fell off - even days later.

It happened at every park, to some extent. At MK none of the FPs fell off. At Epcot our FEA FP stayed on the entire trip, 5 days after we used it.

When we tap into the ride it is always green (well except for the first time we went into Pandora and I somehow got turned around and took us to the FP for FoP instead NRJ. We got the embarrassing blue Mickey that symbolized my stupidity for that one. LOL!!)

Thank you everyone! Now I at least know what the problem is and can ask about it when we get there in January.
What you could also do is, after using all 3 FPS, go into your MDE account and Cancel all 3 if they are still showing. Then you’ll be able to rebook 3 more.

This has happened to some AP holders. They had an unlimited number of FPs, booked 3 at a time, each day.

If you go to Guest Relations, they won’t be able to assist you because it is a glitch in the FP system connecting with your MDE Profiles.

So, Cancel and rebook 3 FPs. :)

FWIW, there have been plenty of 4th FPs available. But they seem to be for rides that you don't need a FP to get on. In other words, we've had no luck finding 4th FPs for the Tier 1 or most popular at MK rides.

All of our plans stayed in our MDE account for our entire stay - including the plans we cancelled. There were days I was so confused because I still had cancelled dining and FPs listed in “my plans”. It was really difficult to keep things straight in my head.

On that note, sometimes the app would let me schedule the fourth FP easily and other times I’d have to modify an existing but used or cancelled FP to get the additional FPs.

The app was a complete nightmare during our 13 night stay. And don’t even get me started with the WiFi signal!

I'm interested if you could use the same FP multiple times provided you were still within the window. I know this isn't a solution to your problem but I'm curious if the glitch is that you still have them as an active FP or not. Even if you never used them, once they expire you should be able to book a 4th.

When you go to GS I would politely explain how long this has affected you and see if they could offer any bonus FP to make up for it. It sounds like you have been missing out on dozens of FPs due to a problem on their end.

Definitely sounds like a glitch because the FP should fall off your list once they are correctly used (i.e. the light went green when scanned and both checkpoints were scanned, where there is a 2nd one). If they are still showing, I'd be curious to know if you could go back and re-use that same FP again, but that's an aside. If it happens again, then I would try to either delete the FP that you've used or just modify it to another ride/time that should work unless in the background your FP's are actually showing as used but not falling off your list for some reason. In that case, I would first try an in park kiosk and failing that, guest relations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter