What age would you....

CindyZ

Mouseketeer
....let your kids go about in the park with a two way radio?

Just wondering. I'm sure that I won't do it, but wondered when and if any of you have.

Thanx,

CindyZ in CT, and Mom of 3!

I have 10 and 13 year olds and would not hesitate to let them wander, together and with a 2-way radio, in the park for a while. We would stay in touch, have a meeting place to fall back on and I would be in the park at the same time. I think it is too soon to allow them in the park while I chill out at a resort.

I'd say anyone 12 and older would be fine to be left alone in the parks (with or without a two way radio) as long as their parents were in the park or at the resort and set up several meeting times (once every 3 or 4 hours). The Universal parks are incredibly safe and in my opinion children are safer at Universal Orlando than they are in school (sad but true) or their front yard or neighborhood.

If it were me I'd say 12 if they will be in the park alone, or sligtly younger if they will have a friend with them.

Jim

Hmmmm, OK...My boys will be 14 and llyrs 10 months when we go. I also have a 5 year old and he'll want to spend extra time at Suess Landing, the Jurrasic Discovery Area, the Popeye ship, and the Curious George area at Universal. The older boys would rather ride some rides over and over again....and I need to get my courage up to let them go and do it. I think that We'll meet up every 2 hours and check in every 10 mins or so (LOL)...

Any one else with advice?...

Thanx,

CindyZ in CT, and Mom of 3!

Cindy:

I think your idea is great about meeting up every 2 hours or so. I would definitely invest in the two way radios and just keep checking up on them (much to their chagrin!). :rolleyes:

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif
radio1.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter