What a disaster!!

Well...I was able to get WiFi at the hotel my friend and I are staying at. So now I have some time to do some posting.

My picture website is complete somewhat. The only thing I haven't post were the food pictures. Otherwise I have pretty much everything in there that I thought were post worthy. Hope you like them.

You can view it from here or the link (2009 Disney pictures) from my signature.

Hi topdog... I'm just catching up with your finale... All I can say is, "WOW!"

That hotel was really unbelievable! The "cherry" on the "disaster sundae!"

I'm glad you both arrived home safely! I just want to say how much I've enjoyed your TR and all your lovely photographs. From now on, I'll be thinking of you every time I use my camera at Disney!

Take care,

Kathy

Here is my little mini non Disney related TR live because I am still at the hotel at this moment.

My best friend and I do this once in a couple of years. We will pick a place to go that's at least 6 or 7 hours of driving away from our home for a couple of days. I guess you can call it the guy's weekend trip.

This year we decide to try out Lake Placid at upstate NY plus a few friend to tag along. We stay at this resort call High Peaks resort.

Here are a few of our friend to meeting up at the Catskill area.

4891_1159310135844_1020498169_30502535_3093815_n.jpg

4891_1159310175845_1020498169_30502536_6061968_n.jpg

After we hooked up with our friend, then we stop at this theme restaurant called "Daily Planet" for lunch. The place is very cool and food was pretty good too. I didn't have any food pictures like Disney but I had a frozen Mango smoothie that taste very good.

AAA_8423.jpg

AAA_8418.jpg

After lunch, we continue to drive to the desination. Here is me driving the final leg of the trip.

4891_1159310335849_1020498169_30502540_1447933_n.jpg

Once we got there, we check-in to the resort. It wasn't a super high end resort but it was still pretty fancy.

AAA_8458.jpg

AAA_8457.jpg

Then after we settle in and unpack, we have to drive to our dinner. Dinner was at a lake front restaurant called "Moose Lodge".

AAA_8473.jpg

AAA_8476.jpg

The view from the restaurant was magnificient.

AAA_8478.jpg

AAA_8495.jpg

After that, we then went to a place called "Lake Placid Lodge" for a tour. This place was rebuilt recently from a fire incident. It was unbelievable huge and beautiful. Very woodsy and very elegant at the same time.

AAA_8521.jpg

AAA_8522.jpg

AAA_8536.jpg

AAA_8527.jpg

AAA_8537.jpg

AAA_8514.jpg

When the tour was over, we all went back to the resort for the day. Then this morning, we met at 9am for breakfast. After breakfast was over, we went to a museum call "Adirondack Museum". It was very nice. This place show a lot of local history on how they harvest lumber since the 1800s and what they did with those lumber. Very fascinating!

AAA_8539.jpg

AAA_8545.jpg

AAA_8559.jpg

AAA_8569.jpg

Thanks Top Dog! Hubby and I drove through Lake Placid on our honeymoon (17years ago). You have peeked my interest. Maybe its time to go back!

You are that close to the airport. Can you sleep with those plane going up and down???

Believe it or not, we don't hear them unless it is storming and the planes tend to fly in lower and I can hear the house rumble a little bit. Other than that, we don't hear them. :lmao:

WOW for a second there I thought you were back at the Wilderness Lodge:rotfl2::rotfl2: Take a wrong turn???

So sad that your TR has come to an end :sad1:. I told my DH all of your stories and even shared a few of your pictures. He does not have the same love of all things Disney as I do so gets bored and rolls his eyes a lot when I talk about it. DDs and I are leaving in 11 days for WDW. I have rented a Tokina fisheye after seeing your pictures. Hopefully you'll see my TR and come along with me and critique some of my photos.

WOW,WOW,WOW! That place is amazing. I love the decor and, of course, your pics.

What a fun outing!

I will check out your website now.
Now that's a diehard fan. Even you are leaving for WDW, you still follow my TR. I still have more pics to post on my mini Lake Placid trip.
HOLY COW!! That place is beautiful!!! And no wife? :lmao:
Yes, no wife. This is a boys' weekend. :banana:
Thanks Top Dog! Hubby and I drove through Lake Placid on our honeymoon (17years ago). You have peeked my interest. Maybe its time to go back!
I always though Lake Placid is only for winter activities like skiing. Was I wrong!! You can do kayak, swimming, golfing & biking. We drove up to Whiteface Mountain Observatory and went all the way as high as over 4,400 ft elevation. The view was more than awesome. I will post more of those pics later.

If you haven't been there for 17 yrs, this is a great time to go back. I plan to go back with DW this fall and then again in winter for skiing with my friend again.
WOW for a second there I thought you were back at the Wilderness Lodge:rotfl2::rotfl2: Take a wrong turn???
Funny you mention that, there is a resort there that looks like WL. It is call "Whiteface Lodge". Absolutely stunning!! Google it and you will see what I meant. Unfortunately, the price at that place makes WL like slumming. Their lowest price is around $500 per night even in low season.
So sad that your TR has come to an end :sad1:. I told my DH all of your stories and even shared a few of your pictures. He does not have the same love of all things Disney as I do so gets bored and rolls his eyes a lot when I talk about it. DDs and I are leaving in 11 days for WDW. I have rented a Tokina fisheye after seeing your pictures. Hopefully you'll see my TR and come along with me and critique some of my photos.
Yay!! I can't wait until you come back with your pictures. I will be anxiously waiting. popcorn::popcorn:: Have a safe and magical trip! pixiedust:
Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures. I have enjoyed your TR...just wanted to drop a note of THANKS...
Thanks. Glad you were able to drop by.

Wow! Your TR title was perfect. What a Disaster indeed! I think the ending part was the worst part! I think I would have had a panic attack by the time the flight attendant on the flight the next morning had told me "you can't board this flight". :scared::scared1:

And omg at that hotel! Out of all the awesome hotels in Atlanta they just had to put you up at the crappiest one!? That is just awful! I can't believe there were actual holes in the carpet!! Now I've stayed at some awful dives in my time but geez. I think that takes the cake!

I'm so glad you guys made it home safely though. That's the key really, right? And thank God your luggage was at your home airport.

I'm looking fwd to seeing the stories you have to post that didn't make it into the TR :thumbsup2

Wow! Your TR title was perfect. What a Disaster indeed! I think the ending part was the worst part! I think I would have had a panic attack by the time the flight attendant on the flight the next morning had told me "you can't board this flight". :scared::scared1:

And omg at that hotel! Out of all the awesome hotels in Atlanta they just had to put you up at the crappiest one!? That is just awful! I can't believe there were actual holes in the carpet!! Now I've stayed at some awful dives in my time but geez. I think that takes the cake!

I'm so glad you guys made it home safely though. That's the key really, right? And thank God your luggage was at your home airport.

I'm looking fwd to seeing the stories you have to post that didn't make it into the TR :thumbsup2

I guess the airline didn't have the budget to put their stranded customer to a better hotel.

I am still debating should we drive or should we fly when we visit WDW again.

I haven't written my silly moment yet. Therefore, I decide to post the rest of the pictures of my Lake Placid trip.

Here is me standing in front of the restaurant we went to.

AAA_8739.jpg

We finally left the resort for good and went to climb the Whiteface Mountain.

AAA_8773.jpg

Zoom...zoom...zoom...

AAA_8774.jpg

AAA_8812.jpg

AAA_8959.jpg

We arrived the entrance of the Whiteface Mountain.

AAA_8998.jpg

Waiting for the rest of the crew.

AAA_8999.jpg

We took a break from climbing up the mountain and enjoy the view.

AAA_9060.jpg

AAA_9033.jpg

We zoom again.

AAA_9116.jpg

At last, we reach the top...almost.

AAA_9122.jpg

AAA_9144.jpg

After we parked our cars, we climb thru this tunnel and climb even higher by foot until we really reach the top.

AAA_9239.jpg

AAA_9259.jpg

AAA_9193.jpg

AAA_9196.jpg

AAA_9238.jpg

AAA_9259.jpg

What goes up must come down and this is the trail how we climb down by foot also.

AAA_9167.jpg

AAA_9273.jpg

AAA_9285.jpg

I always want to ride one of this.

AAA_9307.jpg

I guess the airline didn't have the budget to put their stranded customer to a better hotel.

After your disaster, you could still debate? Drive all the way, it's the only way... YOu choose the hotel. When you look at all the hours you spent, waiting for a plane, on a plane, changing planes, you could've been enjoying the scenery and taking more gorgeous pictures! You get to bring anything you want, and not worry how to carry it all home! No question about it... Driving is the best way!:goodvibes

Your pictures of Lake Placid are gorgeous, thankyou for sharing:goodvibes

Sounds like you and DW must have been thrilled to finally arrive home.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

For once I was glad to be reading a TR instead of wanting to be there with the writer. Hopefully you and DW can laugh about it now.

thanks for sharing the rest of your tr to wdw and the lake placid pictures. i've really enjoyed the writing and the great photos.

apparently not. What airline was it? Sorry if you've already answered this question.....

From PA? I have some friends that drive to Orlando every year from PA. They just always make sure to drive half one day and drive the other half the next day so maybe if you do it that way it would work. Might just have less time in WDW that way tho.

Cool! A TR within a TR! :woohoo:

I thought the Lodge you stayed at looked a whole lot like Wildnerness until you told us to google that other Lodge. Um, that's wierd! They're almost identical!!!

Enjoyed the new pics, too. What beautiful scenery...

DW told me why don't I put the rolling duffle down to lighten the weight I carried so I can just pull it since my feet hurt so much. My OCD side of me refuse to do that because I don't want to dirty the new wheels on my rolling duffle. DW just rolls her eyes at me and called me weird. Yes, I am that weird and stubborn.

:rotfl:

I have enjoyed your trip report so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter