What a disaster!!

topdog

DIS Veteran
This is probably my most adventurous trip to Disney. If anything can go wrong, it got worse. I forgot and left my camera gear bag at home. I lost my wallet at DHS with money, Disney gift card and credit card. I spend so much time walking around all the parks every day, my feet developed some serious blisters. I was limping by the time I left Disney.

Having said that, there are some exciting highlight as well. First, we basically eat our way out of Disney. :jumping1: Let's put it this way. We have the deluxe dining plan and we ran out of dinning points. We end up paid for 1 breakfast from our pocket. In addition, we used up all our snack point as well. Second, I met quite a few of the American Idols up close but I didn't take any pictures. Just don't want to be intrude. Some of them were staying at the same resort as mine. They were literally walking within inches next to me at the resort.

To finish off the trip, we missed our layover at the Atlanta airport. The airline sent us out to stay over night at Comfort Inn. What a dive!! :scared: After 13 hours delayed from the original flight schedule, we finally arrived home a couple of hours ago. What a relief!! :thumbsup2

As soon as I have the energy to process some pictures, I will then start writing my trip report. Please stay tune...

It couldn't all be bad - at least you were in Disney World! I'm looking forward to reading your report.

oh no...not the camera gear bag that everyone was drooling over on the WL thread.:scared1: Really sorry to hear about the wallet too. Glad you were able to enjoy the food in spite of all the challenges. Will be watching for more and hope the trip gets better. Doesn't sound like it can get much worse.:lmao:

It couldn't all be bad - at least you were in Disney World! I'm looking forward to reading your report.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Sounds like a great time! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank you for stopping by. This trip certainly has a lot of twist and turn.

oh no...not the camera gear bag that everyone was drooling over on the WL thread.:scared1: Really sorry to hear about the wallet too. Glad you were able to enjoy the food in spite of all the challenges. Will be watching for more and hope the trip gets better. Doesn't sound like it can get much worse.:lmao:
Yes, KSD. I forgot the "bag". I almost fainted at the airport.

This should be a fun one. Since booking our trip, I've awakened twice now after having a nightmare that I forgot to bring my beloved camera gear. :faint:

Oh No !!!!!:eek: :eek:
Just enjoyed your pics over at the VWL thread. :surfweb: Pixie Dust sent your way. pixiedust:
Looking forward to more ....Hang in there :thumbsup2 and Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that. Darn, I used one of your pics to put WL next to CR-sorry about not asking.

Anyway was hoping for some of BLT. Next time.

CR4-1.jpg

Wow! Now that sounds like stuff that happens to me. What a bummer about all that camera gear! And the wallet! I thought a couple of times while you were at the world that I couldn't wait to see what kind of shots you were getting of WL to post! Did you go parasailing again? Don't keep us in suspense... let's hear about your trip!

Can't wait to hear more!!!! :)

Thank you for stopping by.

This should be a fun one. Since booking our trip, I've awakened twice now after having a nightmare that I forgot to bring my beloved camera gear. :faint:

When I realize I forgot the camera bag, I keep telling myself it must be a nightmare. Thank you for stopping by.

Oh No !!!!!:eek: :eek:
Just enjoyed your pics over at the VWL thread. :surfweb: Pixie Dust sent your way. pixiedust:
Looking forward to more ....Hang in there :thumbsup2 and Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the pixel dust. I can use some.

Sorry to hear that. Darn, I used one of your pics to put WL next to CR-sorry about not asking.

Anyway was hoping for some of BLT. Next time.

CR4-1.jpg

Not a problem. Feel free to play around with the picture.

Well, I'd like to hear more.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for stopping by. I will do my best to keep up with the report.

Wow! Now that sounds like stuff that happens to me. What a bummer about all that camera gear! And the wallet! I thought a couple of times while you were at the world that I couldn't wait to see what kind of shots you were getting of WL to post! Did you go parasailing again? Don't keep us in suspense... let's hear about your trip!

Thank you for stopping by GoofyFairie. I took a lot more inside the WL this time than outside. Hope it doesn't disappoint you. No parasailing for me this time. It was kind of chilli to parasail any way. I only saw some one parasail once during my entire stay.

I will try to keep up with my report. However, I can only access DIS from home after work. My office block off all forum site. Since I am an extreme commuter, therefore I only have very limited amount of time during work days to do update.

Let me first give a little introduction about myself.
DSCN0148.jpg

I am 46 yrs old. Married for over 15 years. I work for a international financial firm as a technical production manager for their marketing business unit. My job is to manage all the high speed color production printing system and a few automation enterprise publishing systems. My office is in NJ but I live in PA. However, I am getting transfer to our PA office in a few week so my commute will be a lot shorter.

I do like Disney very much but I am more of an animation fan in general. Other than Disney, I also like Japanese animation, looney tunes, DC comics as well as Marvel comics. I also graduated from an art high school in NYC. My major was architect.

This is my 5th trip to Disney. I booked this trip only about 6 weeks ago after I saw the Disney buy 4 get 3 free promo. My DW made all the dinner reservation because we added the deluxe dining plan.

I should post my 1st day report in the next day or so as soon as I can process a few pictures to go with the report. After going away for 7 days, coming back to work was tough. I spend the entire day just to catch up my office email. Squeeze in a few production request as fast as I can but I am still behind.

Nice intro, thanks. Pictured someone larger after the "eat your way through Disney" comment. ;) Looking forward to the report.

LOL...You are not the first one who said that. Actually, I am 6'2" and weight about 180 lbs. So I am not that big but I am not tiny either. Many of my friend just can not believe the amount of food I can eat.

Already sitting on the edge of my seating waiting for your TR. I'm also ready with some popcorn. Now hopefully you can make sometime for us-soon!

Very nice to meet you and so sorry about your wallet. Who knows maybe you'll get a package in the next few days and it will be your wallet with all its contents. Here's some pixie dust:tink:. I saw your pics on the WL thread - how did you take the hallway shot - a little tripod on the floor? Looking forward to reading more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter