What’s for dinner?

I'm trying to clear out some items that have been in the pantry and freezer for a long time before I do another grocery shop.

Yesterday, I made chicken/ground turkey white bean chili to use up some cooked ground turkey and a can of corn, and 2 cans of white beans from the pantry and some cream cheese in the fridge.

I also made a lasagna using frozen cheese ravioli and a carton of ricotta cheese that I bought when the kids were home from college for Christmas. I had a small amount of mozzarella cheese, but grated the end of a swiss cheese block to beef up my cheese.

It's just dh and I so we'll eat on these for a few days. If we get tired of them, I'll portion them out and freeze in single serving containers.

I still have some odd ingredients to use. It'll be fun to see what else I can come up with.

Leftovers today
I actually love leftover night - it’s nice to have a night off from cooking.

Loaded baked potato soup and cheese toast. I intended to make it last night so it would be ready to heat-and-eat but didn’t. Luckily my standing Monday night engagement has been cancelled due to weather so I won’t have to frantically rush home to get supper going.

Tonight - Ham, homemade Potato salad, and homemade baked beans...

Tommorrow night... Scalloped potatoes and ham casserole...

The rest of the ham we will use for sandwiches, and I might make ham and cheesy potato soup...

I bought a big bag of potatoes, so I need to use them up and not go to waste...

I made this for dinner the other night:

enhance

...it's Tuscan Chicken with GF tagliatelle noodles.

I bought a rack of lamb to make this evening, but have never made one before. Could be interesting! Can anyone suggest a good veggie side dish to go with lamb? I'm also making couscous.

enhance

I made that last week -- subbed arugula for the spinach and added more chicken. It made so much! Worked out great for DH's lunches. So easy to reheat over steamed veggies.

I bought a rack of lamb to make this evening, but have never made one before. Could be interesting! Can anyone suggest a good veggie side dish to go with lamb? I'm also making couscous.

I'm too late to answer...but the next time you have rack of lamb, I love eggplant with it:)...eggplant can also match whatever flavor profile you wanted on the lamb:)...

I'm too late to answer...but the next time you have rack of lamb, I love eggplant with it:)...eggplant can also match whatever flavor profile you wanted on the lamb:)...

well I will be making it again, it turned out great! Just maybe not on a weekday, it was almost 8 by the time we ate.

enhance

:goodvibes I could tell by the picture it was some version of Tuscan Chicken. I make one very similar; without the mushrooms. What a winner - does anybody, anywhere not love this recipe? :lovestruc

Tonight I grabbed Popeye's on the way home. Kind of gross but it's been a week... :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter