What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Was going thru my freezer inventory today and realized I’ve an obscene amount of lamb chops in there. Sent DGD to the meat market awhile back and she got confused whilst multitasking. Mind you she refuses to eat lamb because they are “cute” leaving me to pig out on I kid you not: 21 lamb chops. 1707176689042.png
Going to try to put a dent in them this week then see if there is a way to add them to my Asian New Year celebration later this month. Wish me luck.

So in honor of my all carnivore all the time forthcoming week tonight it’s clams, broccoli rabe and pasta.

Was going thru my freezer inventory today and realized I’ve an obscene amount of lamb chops in there. Sent DGD to the meat market awhile back and she got confused whilst multitasking. Mind you she refuses to eat lamb because they are “cute” leaving me to pig out on I kid you not: 21 lamb chops. View attachment 831833
Going to try to put a dent in them this week then see if there is a way to add them to my Asian New Year celebration later this month. Wish me luck.

So in honor of my all carnivore all the time forthcoming week tonight it’s clams, broccoli rabe and pasta.
I’m impressed you went through your freezer. That is always in my list and I never do it. I would like to do a cleaning, inventory, and organize it. I have a second freezer.

@LoveDaisy
I’ve an apartment sized chest freezer and it can only defrost manually so when DGD returns it’ll be time to do again.
I used to keep a running inventory pinned to the door but that went by the wayside with my stroke. Now basically I keep a total in my head using computerized shopping lists and weekly menus as prompts. The freezer only holds about 8 cu ft so it’s not too difficult but my method wouldn’t be doable for a normal sized unit 🙁

To organize the unit I use clear bins. A big one for veggies and smaller ones to subdivide the proteins. Then prepped meals and side dishes go in the kitchen fridge’s freezer. My regular home attendant is finally getting the hang of it and probably wouldn’t mind cleaning the unit since the bins make it so easy but I’m not gonna press my luck. Besides DGD owes me for the great lamb mix up, haha.

@NYCgrrl

I love the clear bin idea! That would make it so much easier. I’ve been eating out of my freezer and have an empty shelf so I feel like this is a good time to clean and organize.

Put your DGD to work she owes you for the lamb 😂

Tonight I am making a huge pot of chili for my little family. No matter how much I make, it never seems to be enough. My three grandchildren will devour it.
Last week my son called Sunday morning about getting together that night. Only stipulation was no pizza. I didn’t want to do takeout for a crowd so I made chili. I put beans in 2 thirds of it and left the rest without. Everyone ate the no beans except my husband. Lesson learned next time less with beans

I’m impressed you went through your freezer. That is always in my list and I never do it. I would like to do a cleaning, inventory, and organize it. I have a second freezer.
That is something I am working on as well. I want to clean it out to fit fresh things in. I have it so well filled that if I dig for something I cannot fit everything back in. With my new dedication to meal planning I hope to start putting a dent in it

I need to run into town later so I plan on stopping at a Japanese restaurant that I enjoy and bring home lots of sushi. I'm sure I'll throw in an appetizer or two as well, but I don't know exactly what yet.

I had planned on grilled chicken on salads, but the chicken wasn’t thawed enough and DD needed to get to practice so it was grilled cheese and tomato soup. Chicken will be good for tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter