We're Going to Paris! February 2019 Exercise Challenge

It actually wasn't a lot, just a couple of inches. But I did a good bit of the driveway and then went down the walk one house on one side and two houses on the other just to get a bit more exercise.

It's probably all just practice anyway. When everyone else is getting spring, our snowiest month is actually March!

I bet your neighbors appreciated that! While you were shoveling snow, we had a taste of spring. It wasn't pleasant, though. High of 75. Sounds nice, right? But, no. Heavy thunderstorms, more flooding, and a tornado watch in effect for several hours. Luckily no actual tornadoes here. Then we had crazy winds last night that brought the temps back to normal for this time of year, so we're colder today, but we have beautiful sunshine! When I first woke up this morning, I felt like a vampire being blinded by the light. It has been awhile since my eyes have seen this much sunlight. They needed to adjust! Lol! Now that my eyes have adjusted, I've been enjoying the just-starting-to-open blooms on our plums and forsythia today while sipping tea on the deck and changing all of our passwords. Our Netflix account was hacked, so I took extra precaution. Yay! So much fun. (said with sarcasm)

I hope you're pleasantly surprised and have a mild March this year!

20 minute walk

1580/1680

I need to get to the barn and brush the mud off of the horses today, so maybe I'll hit goal by the end of the day.

I had a really, really hard time choosing a favorite from the parade. I loved the floats, and I enjoyed the simple carriage rides for some of the princesses and their princes. Rapunzel and Flynn had adorable interactions. And I agree with @PollyannaMom about the floating fairies. That was so cool! How did they do that? At first I thought they were skating, and I was thinking no way would I be doing that, but they're actually gliding. How?! Hoverboards? Again, no way would I be doing that! I think my favorite was probably the Toy Story float and that was strictly a sentimental reaction based on recently visiting Toy Story Land for the first time and enjoying it so much. And, of course, like @sophy1996 , how can you not love the dragon? The closeups of it in that video were wonderful. I'd love to have that dragon as a sculpture in my yard!

To give others time to check in today, I'll come back later and update the numbers. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!

I liked the dragon best... and yeah, I'd love to know how the fairy godmothers manage to not crash... but I was actually kind of bugged by the combo lion king/jungle book float. (Lion King states they are somewhere in "Africa," while the Jungle Book was set in India.) It would have made more sense to combine Lion King and Tarzan, since those are at least set on the same continent... I'm being nitpicky, I know...

Just back from Disney! Did the Castaway Cay 5k on Tuesday and the Princess 5k on Friday! I have no idea how to log my minutes of exercise after a Disney week (and I can't remember what I set as my goal for the month..) so let's just say I probably crushed it. Logged 186 active minutes (27k steps, and 12 miles) on Friday alone. Still having asthma/bronchitis issues, so I had to walk the CC 5k, but I was able to run at least half of the Princess. Had so much fun, I'm already working on how to do #3 next year!

I liked the dragon best... and yeah, I'd love to know how the fairy godmothers manage to not crash... but I was actually kind of bugged by the combo lion king/jungle book float. (Lion King states they are somewhere in "Africa," while the Jungle Book was set in India.) It would have made more sense to combine Lion King and Tarzan, since those are at least set on the same continent... I'm being nitpicky, I know...

It always bugs me too when they combine lions and tigers in things like fabrics. Different continents, people! Also combining polar bears and penguins-two different Poles!

When I first woke up this morning, I felt like a vampire being blinded by the light. It has been awhile since my eyes have seen this much sunlight. They needed to adjust! Lol! (said with sarcasm)

That's one great thing about Colorado compared to the Midwest (where I'm from originally)-lots of sunshine!

Good luck getting your accounts fixed and locked down!

Just back from Disney! Did the Castaway Cay 5k on Tuesday and the Princess 5k on Friday! I have no idea how to log my minutes of exercise after a Disney week (and I can't remember what I set as my goal for the month..) so let's just say I probably crushed it. Logged 186 active minutes (27k steps, and 12 miles) on Friday alone. Still having asthma/bronchitis issues, so I had to walk the CC 5k, but I was able to run at least half of the Princess. Had so much fun, I'm already working on how to do #3 next year!

Congratulations! Sounds like a great trip.

I loved the dragon - but no fire??? And Crush - I've watched Nemo and Dory so much and I just love him.

I've had a slow week after Monday - so only adding 30 minutes, bringing me to 480/500. My goal is in sight!! I've signed up for a yoga class on Mondays, so I should break through tomorrow!

Smarsh31, congratulations on the races! Castaway Cay is a big favorite, especially Serenity Bay!
Sophy1996 and Twilight Sparkle - good luck with that weather!!! Even though the winter here has been pretty mild, I can't wait for spring!

I got a stationary bike on Friday night, so adding 30 minutes for that, and maybe I'll try to squeeze in a little more tonight?
350/600.

Really enjoy exploring the Paris park, even though I haven't had a ton of time to really study the voting options!

I got a stationary bike on Friday night, so adding 30 minutes for that, and maybe I'll try to squeeze in a little more tonight?
350/600.

Really enjoy exploring the Paris park, even though I haven't had a ton of time to really study the voting options!

Congrats on your bike purchase! That will be so nice to have. Glad you're enjoying the tour!

I can add the 186 to your total right now. Just let me know if you figure out the rest of the minutes. If you have an idea of how long it takes you to walk a mile at an average pace for you, then you could multiply that number by the number of miles walked at Disney. I'm not sure what to do when you run and walk while there, though, as I've never attempted this. If you feel you walked more slowly than usual or faster than usual while in the parks, you can make adjustments as you see fit.

P.S. Your goal is 500. With the 186 minutes you've posted from your Disney trip, that brings you to 331/500 so far for the month. I'm sure if you go through the miles walked or run and figure out an average number of minutes per mile, you'll have exceeded your goal. Just let me know what to put you down for.

Oh, and welcome back!!! So glad you had a good trip. Sorry you are still having asthma issues. That is never fun.

Last edited:
I think we need to take in some more attractions before our trip comes to a close. Here's the list again:

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/attractions/

And here are a couple of articles reviewing the attractions in case - like me - you need help deciding where to place your votes:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/best-disneyland-paris-attractions-ride-guide/

and

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/best-walt-disney-studios-park-attractions-ride-guide/

Some of the attractions might be permanently closed, but if something gets enough votes, we can just time travel so we can enjoy it anyway.

Anything is up for grabs. Either park is fine. Vote for a ride or just something to see. We need your top three choices again, so please vote and let's see where the fun takes us.

With much difficulty deciding, my votes are as follows:

1) Crush's Coaster
2) Les Voyages de Pinocchio
3) Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains

(sorry, Hyperspace Mountain. The gentle dark rides were calling out to me despite the average reviews)

Pirates of the Caribbean
Les Mystères du Nautilus
Peter Pan's Flight

Not to spoil your vote, Twilight Sparkle, but Crush's Coaster was a horrible, horrible ride for me. I really thought I was going to be sick. And we rode it first thing in the morning, so it took awhile for me to shake it off. I ended up not riding some other rides (like the Indy coaster) just because I was feeling so off. I'm obsessively checking out the nature of all the rides at Tokyo Disney Resort so I won't get caught like that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter