• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Going To Disney, But It's Our Little Secret

Ok, just a quick post with a couple of pics.....

Look what I found this evening for my girls!!! They are so cute! They will be wearing them for our first MK day when we have an ADR for Crystal Palace. They picked them out. Sydney wanted Pooh and Emma wanted Minnie :goodvibes

009-1.jpg

Here is DD Emma, yes she does exist, lol :rotfl: I just usually am doing my updates and picture taking when it is just DD Sydney at home. She's not as suspicious :goodvibes Just excuse her hair, it was the end of the day, and she really didn't want to try on clothes....she looks a little un-kept :laughing:

003-1.jpg

Here is DD Sydney, but you are already aquainted! :)

001-1.jpg

That's all for now, just wanted to share!!!:cutie:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new dresses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girls look so precious in them too! :goodvibes Where was Peyton when these purchases were made? He picks up on those sort of things so easily so I was just curious as to if he asked any questions about the new clothes. :rotfl:

I had such a good time at brunch today - even with the dirty old men and colonoscopy discussion! Totally looking forward to next week's date!

So, now your Disney planning brunch will now be called the colonoscopy brunch. A big difference. Sounds like you guys had fun and it's going to quite a scene at the airport when all those children get surprised.

Great pics. Love those dresses and the HSM shirts as well. I wish I could get my DH to try Crocs but he won't. Where did you get the bag? I've been looking for one. I don't want to do the backpack thing this year either and would love to go bagless but need to have something to put "stuff" in.

I hope the hurricane is gentle with y'all. It hasn't been long enough since Katrina and nobody deserves to go through it again.

Hey there! I am loving your report. :goodvibes Your kids are too cute and I just love reading about parents surprising their kids with trips to WDW.

I really hope that Gustav does not effect your plans at all and I hope you are your family stay safe.:goodvibes

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new dresses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girls look so precious in them too! :goodvibes Where was Peyton when these purchases were made? He picks up on those sort of things so easily so I was just curious as to if he asked any questions about the new clothes. :rotfl:

I had such a good time at brunch today - even with the dirty old men and colonoscopy discussion! Totally looking forward to next week's date!

Thanks, I thought they were cute and perfect for MK! Peyton was in the shower, and surprisingly the girls didn't question it when I took the pic. I guess they just think I'm a weirdo now :upsidedow

So, now your Disney planning brunch will now be called the colonoscopy brunch. A big difference. Sounds like you guys had fun and it's going to quite a scene at the airport when all those children get surprised.

Great pics. Love those dresses and the HSM shirts as well. I wish I could get my DH to try Crocs but he won't. Where did you get the bag? I've been looking for one. I don't want to do the backpack thing this year either and would love to go bagless but need to have something to put "stuff" in.

I hope the hurricane is gentle with y'all. It hasn't been long enough since Katrina and nobody deserves to go through it again.

The colonoscopy brunch, that's funny! :rotfl: I hope that he hurricane spares us too. We were VERY fortunate with Katrina, but that wasn't the case for other areas. We had minimal damage and only lost power for a short period of time. My sister on the otherhand, lives in a rural area about 2 hours from here and they were out of power for 6 weeks. They still have temporary light poles up in some areas there. I just hope that we don't have a repeat of Katrina/Rita!!!:sad2:

Hey there! I am loving your report. :goodvibes Your kids are too cute and I just love reading about parents surprising their kids with trips to WDW.

I really hope that Gustav does not effect your plans at all and I hope you are your family stay safe.:goodvibes

Thanks for joining it! Glad you're here! :goodvibes

Love the dresses! Love it even more that girls at those ages are completely oblivious to what might be going on! My girls see me with Disney books (and of course always on the DIS or TGM) but don't question it - just think I'm planning for the future sometime! (Yeah, like 1 month :banana: )

But I don't have a ticker (their brother might see it and darn it if he isn't a good reader! :rolleyes: )

Sara

Love the dresses! Love it even more that girls at those ages are completely oblivious to what might be going on! My girls see me with Disney books (and of course always on the DIS or TGM) but don't question it - just think I'm planning for the future sometime! (Yeah, like 1 month :banana: )

But I don't have a ticker (their brother might see it and darn it if he isn't a good reader! :rolleyes: )

Sara

I just tell my girls that I am helping Aunt Melonie plan their trip, so they don't question it :thumbsup2 DS on the other hand wouldn't be that easy. I really have to watch what I am doing when he is around. I usually minimize the page or close the laptop when he walks in. It is getting soooo close now! :)

You are getting so close! Two weeks! I can just imagine how excited you are. My DD and I have been playing the "in 7 weeks we'll be doing...." game this week. :laughing:

Glad you got your Boma reservation made - YUM!

Adorable dresses for the girls too! What about the adults? Are you all planning to coordinate shirts at all?

Hey Everyone! This really isn't an update, but a little message in between updates. I went shopping yesterday and got a few things. I will post an update with pics, hopefully later today. :) We are really watching Gustav, he has now become a Catagory 3 hurrricane, and hasnt even got into the Gulf yet. He still has a good ways to come and a lot of room for it to grow and intensify. Katrina was a Cat 3 when she made landfall. Mandatoty evacuations have begun in lower parishes and contraflow out of New Orleans is supposed to start tomorrow. We are going to try and get a little shopping done today, if we can get anywhere b/c of traffic. Wish us luck! :goodvibes

Hey Everyone! This really isn't an update, but a little message in between updates. I went shopping yesterday and got a few things. I will post an update with pics, hopefully later today. :) We are really watching Gustav, he has now become a Catagory 3 hurrricane, and hasnt even got into the Gulf yet. He still has a good ways to come and a lot of room for it to grow and intensify. Katrina was a Cat 3 when she made landfall. Mandatoty evacuations have begun in lower parishes and contraflow out of New Orleans is supposed to start tomorrow. We are going to try and get a little shopping done today, if we can get anywhere b/c of traffic. Wish us luck! :goodvibes

Good luck and stay safe! :thumbsup2

Are ya'll evacuating or staying put? We're staying for now...we'll reassess tomorrow! Stay safe!

We are staying as of now, unless they order a mandatory evacuation, then we will head north to Memphis to my SIL's house. That is just worse case though.

Hi!
I just found your PTR and I am enjoying reading it. Your kids are such cuties!!! (and your DBFF's kiddos are as well!):lovestruc

We will also be there the same time as you...we are staying at Pop.:thumbsup2 We can't wait! Almost time to go!!!! My kids and I are getting really excited. My DH is not as excited as us....he can be such a party pooper. :rotfl2: I wish I could have surprised them with this trip...but I am terrible at keeping secrets like that! :lmao: And there is NO WAY I would be able to surprise my DD14...NOTHING gets past her!:rotfl:

Well, we are I think we are ready for Gustav. Still hoping that it goes away, but it doesn't look like that is what is going to happen. It has potential to get pretty bad here. We have been posted at the TV waiting and watching. There have been several news conferences / press conferences with our Parish President, Mayor, Sheriff & local Homeland Security people. I hate to say, it makes me nervous. DH HAS to work tomorrow. He works for a major chemical company and they have certain people there 24/7 even if circumstances like this. Unfortunately, he is one of those people. He will leave in the morning at his regular time of 4am, and I am not sure when he will be home. They have told him to pack a bag, He will be riding out the storm at work and me and the kids will be at our home. They are predicting that the hurricane will make landfall around 6am or 7am if it keeps it's current speed. We are bracing ourselves. My wonderful neighbors have run me an extension cord from their HUGE generator, so when we loose power I can plug my fridge and a few lamps in. That will be nice. We have our food, plenty of water, toiletries and stuff like that. Lots of batteries and flashlights, first aid supplies and tarps ect. We are as ready as we will be. The parish that we live in has not given mandatory evacuation orders, although they have in some lower areas of the parish. We are staying here. We're in one of the highest points in the parish and feel confidant that we should be ok right here. I will continue to post as long as I am able, until we loose power that is....Hopefully that won't happen :) Wish us luck, and to all of my fellow Louisiana readers, stay safe and take care. :goodvibes

Katie, please stay safe and I hope everything turns out ok. I will be thinking about you and your whole group and hoping for the best. Good luck! :goodvibes

Sara

Hi, Just subscrbing to your trippie. You have and adorable family. Looking forward to reading all about your trip soon. In the meantime hope you and your family stay safe riding out this hurricane. Hopefully it weakens before it hits land so people don't lose their homes :sad2: . Looks like it might be a Cat 4 from what I saw on the news. Keep us all updated :grouphug: and please take care.

Katie, please stay safe and I hope everything turns out ok. I will be thinking about you and your whole group and hoping for the best. Good luck! :goodvibes

Sara

Thanks! This is definitely now how I was expecting to spend the 10 days prior to our vacation! :sad2:

Hi, Just subscrbing to your trippie. You have and adorable family. Looking forward to reading all about your trip soon. In the meantime hope you and your family stay safe riding out this hurricane. Hopefully it weakens before it hits land so people don't lose their homes :sad2: . Looks like it might be a Cat 4 from what I saw on the news. Keep us all updated :grouphug: and please take care.

Thanks for joining and for the complements on my family :goodvibes I am hoping that Gustav does not make a Cat 4, they are still not sure at this point though. It is starting to rain in New Orleans from the outer bands of the storm, so it won't be long before the rain starts here too. I will update for as long as I can! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter