We're Going To Disney, But It's Our Little Secret

Hello?!?! Anyone still there? :wave2: I know it has been FOREVER since I added to my TR, but better late than never.....Right? :confused3

I promise that I will have the next installment coming later today....just hang in there a little bit longer. Thanks so much!!!:goodvibes

:yay: I'm stil here!!!! Can't wait for the next post!!!!! Until then, I'm going re-read from the beginning, though!:surfweb:

Ok, I had to back track and pull out all of the memory files so I could begin again.....Please except my apology :flower3:

When I left off, we had finished a wonderful meal at Ohana. We were pretty tired once we returned to POR, and we went right to bed. Afterall tomorrow was another fun filled day at Disney....We were going to AK!

We got up and got moving a little slow this morning, but we still made it before rode drop. We fought the crowds going in, picked up our stroller and a map and headed towards EE! About this time I got a text from DBFF. They were arriving at AK! Sadly this day we were unable to ride Kali River Rapids as the wait times were HORRIBLE! If my memory serves me they were about 70 mins. :scared:

Everyone was looking forward to EE. Especially DD4. She has never gotten to ride it and since DD5 has rode it when she was 4 years old, she just knew this was her time!!! We made our way over and this is what we saw!!!

281.jpg

NOPE! Not this trip! She wasn't tall enough. She was so upset....She wouldn't let me take any more pics....I somehow got this one. It pretty much sums up her disappointment!

282.jpg

I sat with DD4 while DH took the other kiddos and DBFF, her DH and kiddos rode. When they finished we headed over to to the Panganini Exploration Trail. It was nice and relaxing and all the animals were out and about. The kids really enjoyed it. Here are a few pics from our trek through the rainforest:

260.jpg

262.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

274.jpg

After that we headed over to watch the much anticipated bird show, Flights of Wonder. We were a little sceptical about this one, but I highly recommend it. It was great. I was picked to go on stage. It was so neat. I got to be "dive bombed" by a giant bird and everything!

After the show it was time for our lunch ADR at Yak and Yeti. We had eaten here in Nov. 07 and really enjoyed it, so we were looking forward to it again. We were seated promptly and everyone ordered their favorites. Here are a few pics from lunch.

Somehow, I didn't take many pics here at all. None of the kids or of me and DH. Anyhoo, here is a pic of DBFF and her DH: :)

298.jpg

And this is what happens when I take the girls to the restroom and leave my camera sitting on the table....DH finds it: :rotfl2:

299.jpg

After we had our tummies filled, we headed to Dinasaur! We love this ride and loved it even more when our group was picked to be the family of the day!!! :cool1: We got to go through a special door and and all got to sit together all in one car! It was so nice :goodvibes

303.jpg

It was now time to head back towards POR to get ready. We had ADR's for Narcoossees for dinner and the kids were going to Kids Club! The buses again were horrible, so DH and I decided to take a ferry from HS to Epcot and then take a bus from Epcot back to POR. It was a nice relaxing ride. The kids liked it. Here is a pic of DD4 that I took while in route on the ferry.

308.jpg

All in all, it was good day. We were more than ready for our "grown-up" night though. Stay tuned for more. I promise not to forever between posts!!!:goodvibes

Great update!!!!! OMG I just realized that I forgot to post the video of Bo dancing at Yak & Yeti! I'll have to go back and do that for sure! :rotfl: I think I have some more pics from that meal that I can post - I'll look into that. Oh, and you don't have a pic from on stage with the bird flying at you? That one didn't come out?

Great update!!!!! OMG I just realized that I forgot to post the video of Bo dancing at Yak & Yeti! I'll have to go back and do that for sure! :rotfl: I think I have some more pics from that meal that I can post - I'll look into that. Oh, and you don't have a pic from on stage with the bird flying at you? That one didn't come out?

I thought about that video when I was looking through my pics :rotfl2: That was so funny! :rotfl:

The only pic I had of my "bird encounter" came out really, really blurry! Probably b/c I was ducking to get out of the way. That was so freaky and funny at the same time. LOL! :lmao:

After we got back to POR and were all freshened up after a long day at AK, it was time to take the kids to the Kids Club. We were going to Narcoossee's for a "grown up" dinner. :cool1:

We arrived at GF at our scheduled time, got the kids checked it at the kids club, and headed to Narcoossee's. We had a short wait for our table, but that was ok. We were childless for the moment and it was a beautiful evening with the sun starting to go down and the colors reflecting off the water....we even saw a rainbow! :goodvibes We enjoyed some much needed adult conversation with DBFF and her DH. It was nice. They called us to our table. We were lucky to get a window seat so we could have a view of wishes during dinner at our table. I was so looking forward to that. My mind in not recalling what everyone got that night to eat, but I do know that I got the filet and it was very good! :)

The music began to start for Wishes and we were there with the best of company, enjoying our yummy almond encrusted cheesecakes waiting for the fireworks to begin! Just then, a group of rather rude people decided to park their keesters right in front of our window and completely blocked our view. No more wishes! :scared: So annoying!

Here are a few pics that we took before we were seated:

316.jpg

314.jpg

311.jpg

Anyways, we finished up and walked around the GF a bit. What a beautiful resort. It was then time to pick up the kiddos from the Kids Club. They loved it, and if you are debating whether to use them or not.....I HIGHLY recommend it! It was great and I would do it again! :thumbsup2

MK had EMH that night, so we headed over to ride a few things. It was pretty packed. We did however ride BTMRR a few times. This time DD4 loved it. If you remember from an earlier post she hated it. She said that she loves it at night though, and I will agree....It is a totally different ride at night.

324.jpg

The girls waiting for BTMRR

325.jpg

I think that is all we rode that night. Oh, I almost forgot...we did Buzz and the tea cups. Oh...the tea cups!!! :scared: For some reason, my wonderful DS decided to spin the girls as fast as he could. OMG! It was horrible! :crazy2: They felt terrible when they got off. Had headaches and everything. We then headed to the buses.....UGHHHH!!! Only to wait 1 flippin hour for a bus to POR!!!! They ended up bringing some Mears buses to get us. Two of them, there were so many people waiting. DBFF and her family were so lucky to have left before us!!!

My DD's felt so bad and were so tired that they actually fell asleep sitting on the curb. I turned around from talking to DH and this is what I saw:

330.jpg

331.jpg

Isn't that pitiful! ::yes:: We finally boarded a bus bound for POR, only to be dropped off at the bus stop the furthest from our building. I hated all the stops at that resort, and thought to myself daily that they should have to stop at all of them. Not just change it up....People would be happier! :rolleyes: We made it to our room, got cleaned up and hit the pillows. It was almost 1am by the time we were in bed and we had an early ADR for Kona breakfast.....Would we make it? What park will we do tomorrow??? Stay tuned! :goodvibes
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Oh man! Those pictures are priceless! Too funny! :rotfl2: Yeah, I'd say they were a wee bit tired! :lmao:

The grown-up dinner sounds really nice!! Except for the rude Wishes-blockers! The nerve!!!!

You got some great pictures at AK! But that bird thing....eeekkk!!! No thank you! I'm just not a fan of flapping birds! Nope. :sad2:

Don't leave us hanging too long....glad you're back! :flower3:

Sara

Oh man! Those pictures are priceless! Too funny! :rotfl2: Yeah, I'd say they were a wee bit tired! :lmao:

The grown-up dinner sounds really nice!! Except for the rude Wishes-blockers! The nerve!!!!

You got some great pictures at AK! But that bird thing....eeekkk!!! No thank you! I'm just not a fan of flapping birds! Nope. :sad2:

Don't leave us hanging too long....glad you're back! :flower3:

Sara

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes I promise I will do another update tomorrow! :thumbsup2

I had totally forgotten about yall's bus experience leaving MK and the girls falling asleep on the curb! :confused3 I know there are alot of people on here that love POR and think that the bus service is excellent, but we definitely didn't have that kind of experience, did we?:sad2: Oh well, there's always next time . . . hint . . . hint . . . :rotfl:

Okay, Katie, stop reading my post here - the rest is not for your eyes . . .

P.S. for you readers, DH and I are trying to coherse Katie and her DH to join us on our adult trip in a couple of weeks. So far, it's working pretty well - about to seal the deal I think. ;) But don't tell them I'm so confident! :goodvibes

As I heard the phone ring, and answered it to that Silly Stitch telling me that it was time to get up....I looked at my crew (who did not move a muscle when the phone rang) and knew that we would never make it to our Kona ADR. I call and cancel and go back to sleep. We all slept in a bit, and it was nice not to rush when we all did decide to roll out of bed. :)

We got up and dressed. We were all hungry so we headed down to the food court at POR for breakfast. While on our way there DH suggested that we stop by Boatwrights and see if they had a table. He knew that I wanted to try their banana stuffed french toast. We stop by the desk and she said that they had a table. We were seated quickly, and this would become our favorite breakfast of the trip. Everyone enjoyed it. :goodvibes The food was great, atmosphere was wonderful and we had the best waitress. It was all good!

332.jpg

333.jpg

DD5 enjoying her chocolate milk!
334.jpg

DD4 with her picture.

335.jpg

The kids after breakfast:

336.jpg

342.jpg

After we ate we discussed what to do next. We decided to head over to DTD. We caught a boat and headed out. We spent the day shopping and taking in all the sights and sounds of DTD. The kids got their souviners and DH and I picked up a few things as well. We had a TON of snack credits to burn so we headed to Goofy's Candy Co. The kids loved this and we ended up with a ton of yummy treats to take with us! :cool1:

DD4 with her new Minnie Mouse!
349.jpg

My DDs with Buzz! You will notice there isn't many pics of DS. I am not leaving him out, I can assure you. He just hates his pic taken :thumbsup2

352.jpg

DD5 with her HSM shades and her pink rinestone skull necklace (she asked DH for that one, little stinker) She loves it!

353.jpg

Can you tell that they had fun this day???

358.jpg

Watching them make the goodies at Goofy's Candy Co.

362.jpg

Some of their concoctions

370.jpg

371.jpg

372.jpg

373.jpg

After our nice relaxing day. We decided to head back to POR and swim a while. The kids LOVED the big pool. We headed that way and met up with DBFF's crew and everyone swam for hours. We knew that there was no way we would get them out of the pool for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare for dinner, so we cancelled. We would just eat at the food court that night. We left DBFF and headed to our room to change and go eat. The food ct. didn't look appealing to us for some reason, so we decided to try Boatwrights again for dinner. We loved it!

DH and DD5 at Boatwrights for Dinner:

381.jpg

DD4 about to enjoy her dessert!

383.jpg

This is rare....A pic of DS....SMILING!!!
386.jpg

DD5 with her dessert

388.jpg

DD took this of me and DBFF! This was our last night there, we were two tired mommies!

390.jpg

After we ate, we ran into DBFF and her crew (they were in the arcade) and we hung out a while. This was our last night in the World. :sad1: We tried to soak it all up b/c we were checking out early the next day.

Stay tuned....up next, check out and our last day in Disney!

P.S. for you readers, DH and I are trying to coherse Katie and her DH to join us on our adult trip in a couple of weeks. So far, it's working pretty well - about to seal the deal I think. ;) But don't tell them I'm so confident! :goodvibes

Haha! It is working on me, DH is the one making the final decision though, but I am working on him! I need some more help though :rotfl2:

Sounds like a great and relaxing day Katie! I love the mickey pancake! :thumbsup2

Those Goofy's treats are the best, aren't they? Wish they didn't take so excruciatingly long to make....it's like waiting for paint to dry!!! Hope the kids were able to wait it out patiently cause sometimes it's hard for me, the grownup, to wait it out patiently! LOL! :guilty: They looked amazing!!!!

I hope you are able to convince DH to go! Disney with grownups is so much fun! I went on a girls' trip in December and had a blast! Now my DH wants to go with just the two of us so we are heading back for 4 days in May! :cool1:

Sara

When I left off, we were heading back to our room after a long day of shopping and swimming. I gathered our stuff and packed up everything I could except for the last minute things.

We got our wake up call, and I rolled out of bed, did the usual morning routine and got the kids and DH up. We had an early ADR for Chef Mickey's for 8:10am, so we had to have everything packed up and ready for check out before we left. We made it out the door, made sure bell services was handling our luggage and went to check out. That went smoothly and we boarded a bus bound for MK.

This was our last day at WDW....so sad. We arrived at MK and walked the short 5 min walk to the CR for Chef Mickeys. We really like the look and feel of the resort and hope to maybe stay there one day. I love how close it is to MK! :goodvibes We checked in, had our pics taken with Mickey and were shown to our seats. DBFF and her crew had eaten here before, but it was the first time for my crew. The kids liked it, but for me and DH it was a little WILD!! :rotfl2: We were eating and the characters made their rounds. The kids were happy to see some of their favorite friends :)

404.jpg

426.jpg

421.jpg

407.jpg

DD5 was laughing because DD4 has said Donald had a Fat Butt!

413.jpg

412.jpg

Then DBFF's DH and DH dared her to grab his Fat But, and as he was at the table next to us...SHE DID!! I thought I was going to die :lmao: This is my shy child. Well Donald caught her and she was so embarrassed! :rotfl:

418.jpg

The kids had a great time, and since our flight wasn't leaving until 8:20pm, we caught a bus and headed to Epcot to spend our final hours.

Up next....our final hours :sad2:

After my last post, I realized......We didn't get on a bus to Epcot, but to HS! We spent the morning there.

The first thing we did was FP TSMM, and then hit the Voyage of The Little Mermaid show. This is one my my girls favorites. When the show was over, we hit the gift shop and then headed over to TSMM. Here are a few pics for ya:

DD5 LOVES Ariel, and DH got her this Ariel purse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDRdPgmD4c

429.jpg

DD4 is Anti-Ariel (no doubt b/c DD5 loves her) so she opted for Tink instead.

430.jpg

DD4 was now beginning to be VERY WHINEY. It was finally our turn on TSMM and I sat in between the girls and let them play against eachother. I couldn't believe it when I saw their score:

441.jpg

Isn't that funn! :rotfl: It was perfect though, b/c then I didn't have to listen to who won and who didn't!! Perfect! :)

We had a lunch ADR for Coral Reef so we headed to Epcot. We made it to Coral Reef and were seated pretty quickly. I can honestly say, we will NEVER eat here again. Even the kids didn't like it. :sad2:

We headed out to ride a few of our favorites. We hot Spaceship Earth again. We really liked all of the new changes. The wait times were long for just about everything so we decided to walk through WS. Everyone was tired, it was HOT. We saw the Candy lady and DS was chosen. It was really neat to watch her.

464.jpg

465.jpg

After that I got my self a treat. A gran marnier (sp?) slush. It was soooo good, I will have another one day :goodvibes While I sipped on that, we saw Belle and Beast. They girls were thrilled. This was their first time to see them together!

459.jpg

460.jpg

We did a little shopping. The girls were exhausted. The bad thing was, we couldn't go back to our room to rest b/c we were already checked out. Our flight didn't leave until 8:20pm so this made for a VERY long day. We will never do this again!!!!

450-1.jpg

The time finally came for us to meet our van at POR. We headed that way. Got our luggage from Bell Services, loaded up and were on our way to the airport. The ride there was somber and quiet. We arrived at the airport, went through security with no incident and found our gate. The kids watched the plane arrive on time. We made one last potty break in Orlando and boarded the plane. By this time I was feeling terrible with a terrible stuffy nose and headache. We boarded a nearly empty plane and headed back to Louisiana.

The flight was good. The kids slept. My girls didn't even wake up during landing :rotfl: By the time we landed I wanted to cry I was in so much pain. I was glad to be home!!!

I went to the doc the day after got back and I had a bad sinus infectoin/ear infection. The plane ride didn't help :sad2:

Now that I have finally finished, I want to return even more than ever. DBFF and her DH and a few others are leaving in about 3 weeks to return to the World with no kids!!! They are trying to get us to go along too. I am totally sold on the idea, but am still working on DH! I guess we'll see. Hopefully, I'll have a new PTR to start very soon.

Thanks so much for reading and being patient with my delay in posts! It's been fun. Take care and God Bless! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!