We're back

campingcorgi

<font color=blue>Will work for a chance to live at
We had a great time! I'll post a trip report later, but just wanted to check in here and give a little info--

mosquitoes weren't too bad at all. Deer flies were pesky during the first week--29% DEET didn't repel them!--but when the afternoon rains started the second week they just about disappeared. We were in 1600 because 1700 was closed the first part of the trip. They were trimming out trees and working on the electrical hookup that they are adding to the front of all the sites (a small hookup on the site marker for golfcarts, etc.). They filled 1700 back up about a week into the trip. They have many trees marked to be removed in 1600 (red spots) and they all need to be taken out to allow easier access to the sites.

I saw lots of people skating, using electric and gas scooters, electric motorcycles, and even saw a couple of people using small gas motorcycles. Security did not seem to have a problem with any of these. We saw one vehicle with the back window broken out--never could tell if it was a branch or theft--but they didn't leave early due to it.

Saw some lime green Mickey heads and got to meet lilallybean from the DIS--she was only a couple of sites down from us! That was fun!!!

If anyone has any specific questions, I'll try to answer (between loads of laundry! 4 people X 2 weeks = tons!).

Welcome back. I am going to FW for the first time this August. We are a family of four plus two yorkie-poos. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. I am assuming you camped with a dog or two from your name....

(1) Do you have a favorite site among the pet loops? We'll have our bikes so transportation will not be such a big issue. We would like to have a private site that is close to, but not immediately next to, a CS.

(2) Are we allowed to leave my poos in my RV during the day while we are at a themepark? Of course we will run the A/C. I hear the kennel is quite nice but my dogs get really tense when boarded.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome back! I had a question about the lime green Mickey heads. Did people do something to decorate their site with them, or did you just see people wearing them? I picked up a whole bunch at Home Depot, so I'd love some ideas on what to do with them! I'd be so excited to meet some fellow DISers on our next trip!!

Yoko: Yes, we camped with a corgi. As long as you have a hard-side rv (not a tent or pop-up) you can leave your pets in your rv. Gunnar just snoozes the day away till we get back, just like he does at home. Our favorite pet loop is 1700 for no particular reason. If being close to the comfort station is important that's what I'd request.

StampMom: I just saw people wearing the Mickey heads on their lanyards. If you can think of a cool thing to do with them to decorate your site, go for it! Maybe make a garland.....hmmmm, gotta think on that some more!

We're coming down to the wire and can't wait. Glad you had a good trip. Look forward to hearing about your fun. We'll only be there for a week, but then we go on to Mississippi to visit family, then taking a more leisurely route home.......

I always do laundry before we come home, cuz it's the LAST thing I feel like doing at the end of our vacation!!!:mad:

LIME green mickey heads??? Home Depot???

someone PLEASE fill me in on this as I have no clue as to what they are and can't imagine finding this at Home Depot!!!

Thanks,
Michele

They are paint samples for Disney paint and all you have to do is go to Home Depot and grab a bunch (free!). I've got lots and also trying to think what to do with them. I also got all the other colors for scrapbooking. If you're not near a Home Depot, I'll be glad to send you some.

campingcorgi, thanks. I will try 1700. Just like yours, my poos usually sleep all day long in RV. I think they like it because it is small, cozy and very "den" like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter