Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning....

Was supposed to have a meeting at work at 11am but it got cancelled :cool1: so I'm going to Walmart with my dad and his "lady" instead....

I'll check in later.

Amanda - sorry to hear that Mandy is still not feeling well - hopefully the script will do the trick.

Elaine - I think you deserve a lazy day!

Sherry - no heat - more snow - it's definitely winter at your house....what book are you reading??

:laundy: calling - tata for now.....

Good morning! It is :cold: and :umbrella: here in N Fl today. Perfect day to
stay in bed w/a good book. :sad2: I don't know how you guys do it w/that white stuff. You can keep it and send my share to Tara ;)
So, stay warm, behave but, have fun.

Later..................

ugh!! parent vent coming...this parent suddenly decides that she wants her kid out of special ed. His most recent psych showed low average abilities, he is reading below grade level, and she suddenly decides she wants him out of special ed. BUT she doesn't want him to fall through the cracks, she needs to make up her mind!! a meeting that should have taken 10 minutes ended up being almost 45 minutes! that started my whole day off wrong!

not to mention I forgot to do Jar's speech homework so we had to do it before Jar went to school, then we missed the bus, then he tells me that it really is PJ day at school, so I was a good over indulgent mom and took his jammies to the school for him, and then still had to stop at Wawa and the Post office. So needless to say I'm in a bit of a snit this morning!

i"m going to go find chocolate to make me feel better. I'll be back later!
tara

Tara, do I have to send out a St. Bernard with chocolate?

Amanda, I'm glad you have an extra day off and hope Mandy recovers well.

Rose, they aren't really going to pity you for cold weather, you know. ;)

...I'm afraid Ethan will be saying dammit tomorrow :lmao:
But does he think it's his name yet? :)

Jeffrey told him that he has no choice Jeffrey will be driving him to school from now on (seeing that his "friend" that picks him up thinks that getting to school on time is optional)
Very good! I hope that works out.

Alan...how is PIlot today?

Thanks for asking, and for all of y'all's good thoughts.

Just before the holidays, Pilot began shaking in cars. Rebecca tried putting her on the backseat in case it was the vibration or heat from the floorboard but it did not make a difference.

It was not spilling over into her work, so while it is something to worry about, we called a trainer who gave us some tips on trying to reacclimate her to the vehicles.

However, before we implemented that, we had Tuesday night where she was shaking under a table at Chick-Fil-A and then tried to bolt from underneath a chair during a basketball game.

Rebecca was quick to assume this was the end and put in some calls. We have an instructor we have worked with for years and he is the one who told her she may need to prepare to return Pilot and get a new dog.

However, she spoke with Pilot's trainer who has excellent people skills as well as dog skills. He was very reassuring and told her that we may be able to work it out as he thinks the problems may all be related. (Vibrations from the playarea we were laying near and the basketball triggering feelings of the car)

Rebecca is going to take Pilot out for brief and then longer periods to the van and crank it, but give her a special treat that will only be for the van. Sure, it's bribery, but if it gets her over the initial fear maybe everything else will fall into place.

We are going to try this for the next week or two. However, they are also looking at potential matches for her in the next class as a fallback plan.

At the moment, she is feeling fairly positive, and they know she is an "old school" and experienced user so are waiting to see if she can work it out.

:)
Rose, they aren't really going to pity you for cold weather, you know.
:sad2: Well, it was worth a try.
Alan, good news about Pilot hope all works out!
Tara, I need Chocolate too! but, you can have my share so feel better!
:mickeybar
Sherry :scared1: No electricity :cold:
Hey Lazy Lainey!
Amanda, Hope Mandy gets to feeling better real quick. glad your job went well yesterday. Mine is really, really boring! And I think they want me to take over for the current lead worker and I really don't think I want to. Decisions/decisions.
Paula, sounds like ya' got a plan going on there. Hope things work out and you can stay stress free for a while.
:yay: Kimmar, you're mil doing better?
Den leader Suzanne, that has a nice ring to it! :thumbsup2
Ok, that was kind of a lame-o ketchup but, what can I say. My brain is cold. (still not getting any sympathy votes am I?)
Later...................

Just as I was getting whiny about something, my dad calls and tells me he is coming home today. I'm happy as I am kind of tired of going over to his house daily

Paula, woo hoo on the canceled meeting. How did your day go with your dad and "lady"? I hope you enjoyed the time together.

Tara, find any chocolate? If so got any left to share? :p I really do hope your day improved some.

Alan, glad that things are going okay at home. I do hope the training will help out with Pi.

Rose Mary, enjoying the lazy day. Would you get any more $$ for Disney if you took the new job? Sometimes though the money just is never worth the stress of new positions.

Half lazy day here for me. Got bunch done this morning and now just tired. Feel like just staying here with Cleo curled up on me :)

Hey Lazy woman! ;) Yes, that would be you Lainey.
Good that you can have a little time to kick back. You are always so busy.
Yes, the $$$ would be more but, it would be SALARY. So, you know what that means?! They own ya', LOL! Plus I would actually lose $$$ if I went salary and then had to go out on storm duty. You are right, have to weigh all the options. I feel bad, well just a little 'cause on my yearly increase she gave me a 1/2 % higher than the company wide highest increase. So, I know she had to fight for it for me. She knows that I'm not really happy with this job and she is trying to keep me around.
Can't complain too much, I have a great boss, low stress most of the time, small group of people that are really fun but......................work is really boring!
Ack...............decisions

It's snowing!! It's snowing!!!!
Just had to share....it's only supposed to be flurries but it is purty right now!!

Never got chocolate but I did get iced animal cookies with sprinkles!! :banana: That helped!

My grades are all done and turned in. :woohoo: I can now sit back and relax..for about 10 minutes!!

tara

Never made it to Walmart....did alot of laundry - making turkey meatloaf for dinner.

Welcome-Home-Sign.jpg

For Elaines dad!!!!

Getting ready for a deep freeze here.....and if it's Thursday I musn't feel like working.....:goodvibes

:wave:

Just finished dinner, so thought I'd pop in for a bit.

Elaine, not sure why the power was out. :confused3

Paula, I just finished Size 14 Is Not Fat Either. Really good book! Next one won't be out until Jan of 2008 though. :(

Tara, yay for your snow! You can have some of mine, too, if ya want.

Rose Mary, no pity from me. :tongue: Good luck with your work decision.

Amanda, glad work went well for you. Hope Mandy is feeling better. Glad it isn't strep. My nephew has been sick, and now I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. :rolleyes1 Junior already has one.

Alan, hope things go well with Pilot.

Well, the snow only lasted about 10 minutes...but hey it was a good ten minutes!! :teeth:

Oh and keep your fingers crossed...I might get to go scraping next weekend anyway. My gf Paula from the disney store is off that weekend and she is going to talk to her dh tonight and see if they can swing the money (he just got a new job). So I hope she can go so that I have a roomie and partner in crime!

catch up...
Hope things will work out for Pilot and Rebecca (mom read a thing in the newspaper recently about a dog that started having all kinds of strange behavior very suddenly and when they took it to the vet it was a brain tumor) Oh and Ethan doesn't know his name is "Ethan Dammit Stop" yet!! hehehe

Sherry thank you for sending some of your snow to our house! Hope your electrcity stays on now!

Elaine...glad dad is home now. So what are your plans now that dad is home?

Paula...sorry you didn't make it to wally world. Better luck next time!! How did it go with dad taking Chris to school today?

Suzanne...I'm working on my creative speaking belt loop...you know the one where you practice saying naughty words without actually saying them...not making very good progress right now :teeth:

RM...sorry not feeling your pain!! The high today was 39 and the high for tomorrow might get above freezing! And not enough snow to count! :lmao:

Gotta get Jarrod packed...he is going with Jay's parents tomorrow for the weekend. We are going to the Melting Pot for dinner saturday night so I had to farm out the children.

I'll be back later! Have a good night gang!!

tara

Paula, I just finished Size 14 Is Not Fat Either. Really good book! Next one won't be out until Jan of 2008 though. :(

I love Meg Cabot! I even read all the Princess Diaries books! Have you read the Queen of Babble yet? Very cute.

Hi all-Neurontin has kicked in, so I am very sleepy, but I wanted to say hi.

Last night, I got a phone call around 9. I didn't recognize the phone number, and when I answered, "Can you come over?" from a voice I didn't recognize. Ends up it was Jill-her 17 yo furbaby Shasta crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

I went over to help out, as I know that it's hard to do some things when you love them so much. Went back over today to go with her to bring him to the crematory. He will be missed-he was just a mush who loved to be brushed when I'd watch the kitties. He had a purr that you could hear in the next room.

After meeting with the folks from the cremation company, we went for some retail therapy and dinner. It's extremely rare for me to go to the mall with someone else (besides the family) and that was rather nice.

Tara, sounds like a belt loop that some DISers could use!

Paula, nice sign you got there in the front yard-when's Lainey's dad coming to see you? :teeth:

Lainey, Got some hershey kisses I can send your way. They've got all those cool flavors that I am uninterested in the plain ones now.

Alan, I hope everything with Pilot works out. Poor pooch.

Sherry, so do you read the romance novelists? Along the lines of Meg Cabot, but far more racier, is Katie McAlister. First romance books I could ever read more than 5 pages because they're so funny.

Rosemary, I'll drop a winter coat by your way. Brrrrrr. Looks like next weekend is a Jax trip. I'm off again and Donna's looking to get Sunday off.

Okay, I must get to sleep-the meds insist. Considering that last night they got me from nighty night to the alarm going off (for the first time in two months), I'd say it's working. :cool1:

Suzanne

Morning!

Since nephew is sick, I won't be running most of my errands this morning. Don't want to drag him around. So, I'll be doind :laundy: most of the day. :rolleyes1

Suzanne, I am starting Queen of Babble next. :teeth: I did start The Princess Diaries, but then got into Size 12 and never finished. Never heard of that author, but I'll check her out. I do like romance. Nora Roberts is one of my faves. :)

Morning all...

If you haven't seen the car parked in the house thread...you have to. I would kill Todd.

Today I have an all day working session. Then off to the cemetary, yesterday made 3yrs for my Mom going home. After that I am off to the gym and then to a youth leader dinner/meeting.

Have a terrific day everyone!

TGIF!! :dance3: :woohoo: :yay:
Just a little excited it's Fri. Must be the nippy weather we woke up to. But, I'm ok with it, the sun is shining. I'm not whining, since I get NO SYMPATHY here anyway. :confused3
Tara, glad you got your flurries. Fingers crossed that you will get your scrapping in ;)
Amanda- WOW, slow down. How can you fit all that in, in one day! LOL
Morning Sherry, I love, love, love Nora Roberts. Gotta check out the other author you & Suzanne mentioned. One word: LYSOL. Keep them germies away.
You know Suzanne by the time you drop that coat off it will be back in the 80's here. :rolleyes: You know how this crazy Fl weather is. Glad to here the meds are working.
Hey Lainey, what show were you watching last night? I tried to make it to CSI time but, konked out! I need TIVO.
Alan, Kimmar, Lily, Paula, and all the rest :love: :hug: puckerup:

:surfweb: Good Friday Morning!! :scared1: :scared1: It's a balmy 2 degrees here - up from -2 when I got up at 6:45. Have to grocery shop today - need to get my coupon mountain organized first.

Tara..:scratchin friend Paula...partner in crime....sounds inviting....no problems with the dad bringing Chris to school - it is no longer up for discussion - he goes with dad "the subject is closed" as my grandmother used to say!

Amanda - :flower3: I hope your day goes well - how is Mandy feeling??

Sherry - looks like you'll be singing "a laundry life for me" today...pirate: hope you can stay away from the germies!

Suzanne :hug: so sorry to hear of your friends loss - we lost our first kitty after 14 years - still miss her - purring kitties are priceless!!

Alan - best of luck with Pilot - I was glad to hear that behavior modification was a possibility - fingers crossed for all of you. :hug: :hug:

I'm really looking forward to going to the car show tomorrow - I hope Chris doesn't think it's too lame to go with mom and dad - oh well - like I said more time spent with mom and dad and less time with his friends is definitely a good thing at this point.
:cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: :yay: :cheer2: I actually have Friday and Saturday off this week!!!!!! :yay:

:surfweb: I'll be surfing for a bit and delaying going out into the cold....

Hugs all around....

:lmao: Nippy weather Rosemary?? You are killing me.....let me tell you about nippy....MINUS 2 .....that's nippy!!!

:laughing:

A very happy Friday to you!!!

Good morning everyone! Yep I was too busy to post last night. We had a special service and reception at the church yesterday so I was there from 5-9PM last night.

Rose Mary, I can totally understand about the position. Salary has its good and bad to it. Luis is actually salaried with the ability to get OT. He lost out on so much $$$ when he did his travels. They realized these poor IT folks were getting robbed because of the extra hours they put in at times. Good luck deciding though.

Alan you are such the twit

Woo hoo, Tara finally got snow!!! (freak ;)) Oooooh, iced animal crackers are good ::yes:: I hope you do get to go out next weekend scrapping. Oh and my plans? Go to dinner tonight with him and enjoy not having to run over to his house daily ;)

LOL, Paula in one of my favorite silly books (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) the main characters said "This must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays" So I think that not wanting to work on Thursday is pretty universal :p

Sherry, What series is that from? I would love a book that says 14 isn't fat either :teeth:

Suzanne, I am sorry for Jill's loss. What a sweet friend you are! What kisses do you have at home. I still like the regular ones (milk chocolate) so I keep those on hand. They are great for hot chocolate and the like. I also have mint and caramel on hand as well.

Amanda, I saw that thread as well! I thought that person was flat out MAD to do a thing like that... for a car??? I love my car, but OMG!!!! I hope you can enjoy the day as much as you can. I also hope you did okay yesterday. Certain days still sting me... my mom would have been on Tuesday 62 had she lived.

Hopefully no one sneated. My dad called in the middle of me doing this. We are trying to configure a laptop for my aunt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter