Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

Alan, sorry to hear about Pilot. :(

Elaine, forget to say earlier that I'm glad they got the cc stuff worked out quickly. What did you decide on for dinner?

Amanda, hope Mandy feels better soon. Stay away from bridges. ;)

Tara, have fun at Boy Scouts.

Paula, yay for winning cookbooks!! :bounce:

Gotta go get some dinner.

Evening, waiting for obstinate child to finish his homework so that we can head to scouts. Fortunately, it's only 5 minutes away.

So, I got confirmation of what I'd suspected. I've had several very rough nights where I'd wake up as soon as the Vicodin wore off. Then I'd be up in pain until the next one kicked in and I could get back to sleep. I called the nurse practitioner and presented what I've been experiencing. She agrees 100% with my suspicions of RSD and I have a new medication. My next appointment is on the 31st and we'll know for sure what the story is.

Alan, I'm so sorry about Pilot. Thinking good thoughts for you-it's hard to have to give up a pet, but a working animal? :hugs: to you and Rebecca.

Lainey, good deal that Disney Visa was on top of the purchase and got you new cards so soon.

Paula, sounds like you're on top of the situation with Chris. Auto show sounds like a lot of fun.

Amanda, sorry about the headache. Hope things quiet down soon.

Sherry, enjoy din din.

Somehow, I think Tara's gonna have a headache after going to Cub Scouts :rolleyes1

Suzanne

Evening all! We wound up with Pizza Hut (Luis' choice). Not my first choice for food, but he was happy.

Tara, good luck with everything you have going on tonight!

Alan :hug: good luck with everything with Pi.

Amanda, I do hope that Mandy is feeling better. Though if she is trying your patience maybe she is ;)

Sherry, what was cooking for supper at your house?

I hope your new meds will work for you Suzanne. It's funny that I hear more and more about RSD now due to new commercial on TV.

Not much going on here. Busy day tomorrow. Will probably be out most of the day

Just wanted to pop in and say good night. Heading to bed early.......I'm exhausted.

Hope the new meds work for you, Suzanne.

Elaine, nothing special for din din tonight. Just leftovers today. :teeth:

no headache from boy scouts...but the two of my own screaming at each other was enough to send me over the edge...I'm afraid Ethan will be saying dammit tomorrow :lmao:

Headed to bed in a few minutes. waiting to see if Astrid is going to go to the weekend scrap trip we have planned. If not then I can't go. well, I could go but I would have to pay extra for a single room and I would not know anyone there...wah :sad: there goes my birthday trip! :sad:

good luck iwht the dog, the kid, and the legs!!
I'll see ya'll tomorrow!!

tara

Morning all....

Girls school was called off today. Lite snow came in this morning that makes the back roads very slippery. I am glad since Mandy still had a slight fever this morning. This gives her another day to get better and me a day without makeup homework.:goodvibes I am going to have Todd work with Cassie on her homework today:thumbsup2

Mandy acts fine...it is rare for her to act 'sick' even with a fever. It makes it very difficult to know when she is sick. Cassie is a little easier to tell.

Tara...I hope you can still go on your birthday trip. This may be the second year I have to work on my birthday, since I have been 16. UGH! I know I can't go on vacation like we have been. My new job has a project that will be coming in then.

Gotta get to work. Today is a stressful day for me. The main part of my job is due by noon....and I don't even know it very well yet. I looked at the work last night, I think that is were the headache came from;) STRESS!

Have a terrific Wednesday everyone!

Morning, all. Jury is still out on this new med. I had heard from my sis, Liz (thanks, btw), and the pharmacist that it makes you really dizzy and sleepy. It didn't do much of that. Then again, I probably compensate for the dizziness from the occasional vertigo and didn't notice.

Amanda, I hope that headache goes away soon. Love when a snow day will aid in healing a sick child. So the project means you can't get just your b'day off?

Sherry, good morning!

Tara, I hope Astrid can go-no fun going to something by yourself.

You'll all laugh at what happened at scouting. I'm the committee member for Kevin's den. Basically, this means I'm the alternate if the leader and assistant leader don't make it. Heck, Kevin's been there more than anyone else this year as the leader and her son missed a lot due to football.

I've gradually done a lot for the den when needed, like bringing in the laptop so they could learn about computers for a belt loop, snacks and last night, really jumping in on the craft project (had I known, I would have brought the tub o markers, tub o crayons and scrapping do dads). Leader comments that next year, I'm leader. What? I think there's a trip to the scout store in my future...

Suzanne

...I will give details later but Pilot is showing some traits that may mean having to turn her in....we are contacting the school to see what our options are but Rebecca is obviously having a tough time and I will be home tomorrow with her. The timing is such that we need to make a decision quickly....

.....:hug:

Good morning!

Husband and son were both in foul moods last night so I didn't mention about the car show. But...good came out in my book - Chris did homework and didn't argue when Jeffrey told him that he has no choice Jeffrey will be driving him to school from now on (seeing that his "friend" that picks him up thinks that getting to school on time is optional).

Suzanne - :flower3: I am keeping my fingers crossed on those new meds for you - Watch out guys - Suzanne may have us earning bagdes as well...:rolleyes1

:flower3: Amanda - I hope Mandy is feeling better - at least no make up work for snow days. Good luck with your project :hug: hope the headache doesn't get in the way.

Alan - so sorry th hear of the difficulties with Pilot - I pray that the transition wil not be too stressful on your family.:grouphug:

And Elaine - I can't believe that I am posting before you this morning - you are an awfully busy lady lately!! :upsidedow

Tara - hope you survived the night without too many additions to E's vocabulary.:lmao: ...fingers crossed that the trip will work for you.

Alyssa called yesterday = all of her classes are going well - :teacher: . did I tell you that she is considering living off-campus next year?

Well - I'd best get moving here - bills to pay and I've been neglecting the house a bit - have a meeting :surfweb: at work tomorrow that I completely forgot about that I need to prepare for also....

:love: :grouphug: :love: Have a good day everyone - I'll check in later.

Good morning everyone! Slept in a little today. For some reason I just needed it. I have to head off to church in a while and then run my errands. Hopefully it won't be too bad today.

Tara, I thought adding to a child's vocab was a good thing no matter what :teeth:
Sorry about the birthday trip though.

Eh, leftovers can be really good, Sherry. I think I am making something tonight with the pure idea of having left overs.

Amanda, it looks like we had a light dusting as well. The only thing is our roads are always taken so well care of that we need about 8" of snow or an inch of ice to get school called off. I am glad for Mandy's sake that she has the time off.
I haven't taken off on my birthday in a long time either. I did have one vacation planned (cruise) for on my birthday, but unless it fell on a weekend, I worked. Of course next year it will fall on a Monday, so we'll decide if I take a day off from working at home or not ;)

Suzanne, how long do they say it takes for the meds to kick in? And good luck with the Scouts! I know my mom did the Den Mother stuff when my brother was in it.

Paula, sounds like you have been a busy chick as well lately! sorry for the foul mood, but I am glad that Chris didn't object when Jeffrey said he was driving him in. If Alyssa stays off campus, who will she share with? Do they have decent apartments around there?

good afternoon gang,

Trip is off :( I guess I will just stay home and scrap at home for the weekend. Maybe I can go on friday after work to the local place. oh well. Saves me some money.

Elaine...I've always thought that adding to the vocab was good but apparently when they use the new words in public you are judged rather harshly.

Suzanne...good luck with the meds. What is RSD? I've heard of Restless Leg Syndrome but not RSD. You are welcome to come lead our pack if you wish!! We could use all the help we can get!

Alan...how is PIlot today?

Paula...glad Chris is not terribly grumpy about dad driving him to school. sounds like a good idea!

amanda...glad Mandy gets another day to stay home and recoup! Good luck with your deadline. I have to work on my birthday...I've told my kids they have to be extra nice to me :teeth:

Gotta get back to grades. I'll pop back in tonight after tutoring.

tara

I love awesome little independent coffee shops that have awesome coffee, ESPECIALLY when they give me free bandwidth! :teeth. Brought the laptop to see if Cindy and I could work on stuff today, and now I'm surfing for part of my break.

Mitzi gives the current dose two nights, then says bump it up. It's a very low dose from what I can gather. We shall see.

Tara, Jar's a year behind Kev-I can send you details on the stuff we did for thing this year, lol. I'd always been told I have the den mom drive. I think she's thinking I should take it and have her as assistant, since they miss so much of the beginning of the year with her son's football practices. Bummer on the scrapping trip. Save the money and buy yourself something extra on the Disney trip!

Lainey, my first word was the bad version of crap, lol-how's that for mom adding to my vocabulary. :rotfl: What leftovers are you serving us tonight?

Paula, you're going to learn about setting limits, Lainey's already learning cooking-so she's set, Tara's arts and crafts badge is on hold for now, Bethie's getting the new workaholic badge. :lmao:

Kimmar, :dance3:

I suspect that Alan's absence means they did do something about the Pilot situation. Hugs and prayers to you and Rebecca. Will she get a replacement? I know the waiting list for working dogs is long, would she get bumped to the top of the list?

Suzanne

Elaine - I think Alyssa will start looking into alternate housing in the spring - since the university is at the shore many property owners rent to college students in the off-season - her boyfriend is currrently renting a duplex.

Suzanne - how long do I have to work on this badge??????

Tara - Sorry that the weekend plans aren't working out....

Sent an e-mail to Jeffrey regarding Saturday - he thought it was a great idea so it looks like we wil be going to:
providence

and for lunch:
index.html

Question - or yaya poll:
Do you do your own income taxes or do you have them done for you? Between taxes and FAFSA (follege financial aid ) I am so afraid that I am making errors or possibly not getting as much out of it as I should - I'm thinking of having them done this year.

Hi everyone! Done with my errand running so I will work out soon and then make supper. Luis will be home late so I have a bit more time to get it all done today.

I just heard from Alan just as I started typing this. It seems that they will try a few things with Pilot to see if some of the jumpiness will be controlled. So for now Pilot will be staying. He was on his way to get a hair cut when he called so I think he's enjoying the day off.

Tara, come here for the weekend, we'll find a way to have fun toghether :teeth: I am sorry you did have to call the trip off though.

Suzanne, no left overs tonight. I am actually making something that will create left overs though. It also will reheat well if Luis is really late coming home. Just a simple pasta dish.

Paula, woo hoo for the car show! I love going to those! Never heard of the place you went for lunch, but the pics look good!
Housing on the shore? somehow I have a feeling that is much better than the crap we find around Ohio State :p

:wave:

Lost power this morning and it didn't come back on for about 3 1/2 hours. :eek: It got really cold with no heat. :cold:

Amanda, hope Mandy is feeling better. Yay for snow day and no makeup work.

Tara, sorry your trip is off. :(

Paula, car show and dinner sounds great. :bounce:

Suzanne, hope the new med is working out for you.

Elaine, I love leftovers. :teeth: I usually try to have leftovers, too, for Junior to take to work.

Gonna go read for a bit before AI.

Wow, quiet night! :eek:

Good Morning!! Got more snow last night. :rolleyes1 Looks like only a few inches. Not enough to close school. Wish the boys would have had a snow day. :rolleyes1

Morning all....

Took Mandy to the Dr. late yesterday. He gave her a prescription to kick the fever, since the over -the-counter hadn't worked in 3 days. She is to stay home today and can go to school tomorrow. No strep, thankfully.

Work went better than expected yesterday...YAH! Meetings most of today and tomorrow...BOOOO!

Alan, Glad there is another chance with Pilot.

Tara, I would invite you here but I am hanging with a bunch of Youth on Saturday. That would defeat your purpose of getting away. You can come and hang with Todd and the girls. We are going to a Mystery dinner on Saturday evening if you want to join, no kids.:goodvibes

Gotta get ready for my meetings.

Morning all! I'm in a lazy kind of mood today, so it may just be a lazy day for me :teeth:

Sherry, what caused y'all to lose power? Sorry you were w/o for so long! We have more of that what stuff on teh way too. I'd be happier w/o!

Amanda, that dinner sounds like fun for Saturday. I hope you enjoy. Sorry that Mandy is still sick though. Just glad she doesn't have strep. I know that at least for Luis, that is a miserable thing to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter