Welcome To The Photography Board!!!!!

Has anyone purchased the WDW "Hi-Res Picture DVD-ROM" on Ebay? It claims it contains over 2,500 high rez pictures but it is only 8 bucks.
:earsboy:

This is pretty cool! I didn't know a Photography board existed here! I'm an avid photographer myself dating back to my old Canon A-1. Since then, I've owned a couple of Point and Shoot Nikons and Sonys. Just recently, I upgraded to a Nikon D50 SLR. It was a toss up between this one and the Canon Digital Rebel XT. I was ok with either one but since my wife tried both, she felt the Nikon was very easy to use. We've owned it now for about 2 weeks and the quality of pics are excellent! We think we made a good purchase. Any other D50 owners here?

Welcome lap3. Great board, lots of helpful people. I'm pretty sure some D50 owners subscribed to this thread .

Nikon is a great camera, I just got one myself. SLR user for ever then a simpler digital, and now a D-SLR. I am in photo-heaven :cool1: .

Thanks for the link, Muushka! I just posted this thread..

BTW, I know what you mean. I must have shot hundreds of photos since I got my D50. I'm glad I got a 1gb memory card because I'm lovin' it already! Woohoo!!!

I have been taking photo off and on for a few years now. this last year i decided to really get down and get into it. I finally broke down ad bought a Canon 350D (Rebel XT) and Love It!. Some of the photos are taken with my new Canon and soe with my old 35MM. I woudl like to get some feed back on them Thanks.

Personal Photos

goofygrandparents said:
Thanks Moo :blush:

I use a few different editing programs, I have Photoshop Elements 3.0, and PSP 9 (really want PSP 10), and I have recently purchased Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10 which looks really interesting.

I currently have Photoshop Elements 3.0 (would love to uprade to 7.0) but I have never heard of PSP 9 or 10. Could you explain?
THanks - great photos by the way. You have a creative eye!

:worried: I am about to (less than 1hr before I get out of work) pick up my new Nikon D50 :cool1: I have never had a camera of this high of quality my recent camera is a P & S Olympus (gift from MIL) I am an avid scrapbooker, my kids play multiple sports, I love to take pictures but wanted more options for my pictures, mainly I can tell you is I needed ability to take "action" and with P & S despite trying I can't do it.

I would love to take a class after I have the camera and DS is in a hockey tournament starting tomorrow so I will be using it all weekend to get my feet wet.

I planned to purchase some editing software also so I can really give my photos a unique edge

I am sure I will be asking lots of questions, I did pop over to the D70 thread and was happy to see everyone so happy with their purchases.

GOTTA LOVE THE DIS another great thread!

Welcome home to your new D50. I am a new Nikon owner also and these people have been very helpful with my questions (filters, flashes...). Enjoy!

Well my new baby (D50) is home :goodvibes and battery is charged, I have been reading the manual most of the late afternoon. So far, I love it, but I am sure I am going to need a class :scratchin

I also, think I am going to get a better telefoto lens prior to my cruise in May, I love what I have but already I WANT MORE :confused3
DH is going to crack when I tell him :headache:

Thanks for the welcome, I am sure I will have lots of questions after the weekend away :cheer2:

congrats on the new camera. I've had my D50 for a few months now and its great. Go to amazon.com and get the book, "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. You'll learn a lot and it will help you get into M, S, and A more so than Auto and those program modes.

Enjoy!

Hi All!
I just signed up here and found this Photography forum. I like taking pictures at disney more than the rides!
Mikeeee

JR6ooo4 said:
Hi All!
I just signed up here and found this Photography forum. I like taking pictures at disney more than the rides!
Mikeeee

Me too!

Newbie here, to the forum and photography. I'm usually a lurker in other forums I've come across, but after reading all the great info here for the last couple of weeks, I felt the need to join in the fun. I just bought a Nikon D50 two weeks ago after drooling over the DSLRs for several years. I've played with P&S cameras for awhile but this is my first SLR. I leave for WDW next week, just a short Memorial Day weekend trip, but I am excited about taking my new camera. :goodvibes

Molly T

disneevillian said:
Newbie here, to the forum and photography. I'm usually a lurker in other forums I've come across, but after reading all the great info here for the last couple of weeks, I felt the need to join in the fun. I just bought a Nikon D50 two weeks ago after drooling over the DSLRs for several years. I've played with P&S cameras for awhile but this is my first SLR. I leave for WDW next week, just a short Memorial Day weekend trip, but I am excited about taking my new camera. :goodvibes

Molly T

on the new camera and being so close to your disney trip!
Did you see Barrie's thread of photo's? Realy nice shots and good ideas about composition.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1113022

Post some of yours when you get back,
Mikeeee

disneevillian said:

Molly T

Welcome aboard Molly. Glad to have you join the crew. Congrats on the new camera and the upcoming trip. I've got the same camera and am going to the World in 3 weeks.

Be sure to post pics. We love pictures. They're our favorites. Don't be affraid to post and ask questions. Best way to learn. lots of good people here and they don't bit. Well, they usually don't bite. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter