Welcome To The Caribbean, Love ~ Updated 5-27 P52

I like your plans! I don't know if I will ever be able to just 'go with the flow' at Disney ever again. Maybe I over plan... i donno... :rolleyes:

I've been wanting to try out Kona for dinner. I think you will really enjoy it there. Just be prepared for it to be loud. We have walked past Kona during dinner hours and it is always loud.

I think Nemo would love to eat at CMs. I know it is up in the air now... but maybe, just maybe, your mom, in a way, will be there with you and the family. I think that eating there, along with saving POTC and HM for last is a nice way to keep the tradition going. :) :hug:

So glad you want to try Kona. I think Crystal Palace would be a great place if you chose not to do Chef Mickey's.

I know this will be a bittersweet trip, but I also know that celebrating for Tink will ake it more sweet than bitter.

I admit, I can't imagine life without hoppers. I need that freedom, that flexibility as you just never know what a trip might throw at you.

I think your plans look great and you know, the world will not end if you make an ADR and don't keep it. Ssshhhh don't tell anyone. Sometimes having options, and choosing not to use them, are what keeps us sane.

Okay, guys, this is really weird. I had all your responses written out, thought they posted, and see now that they haven't. Huh. :scratchin

I just read your last two updates....YAY for Squirt nursing well! I exclusively pumped with Henry for 8 months as well. Not fun. Moooooooooooo! And then having to deal with the intolerance on top of it??! :hug::hug::hug: I think your plans of doing a sit-down once a day is a good one with the intolerance, like you said, at least one meal a day you won't have to stress/worry about it and can eat more normally.

Someone gave me a onesie for Squirt that says "M is for Milk" and it has the cutest cow on it. I just had to laugh, even though this is a person who has no idea that I am nursing, or that it would be so funny to me. We have a lot of nicknames in my household. I'm the milk factory, the ****ie lady. MJS is the diaper changer, among other things. You have to laugh, you know?

I have truly grown to enjoy winging it. We always have a loose schedule, and I always have tons of ideas on what we could do, but we always let the day roll and just go with it. Part of me wants to run around and hit everything, but with hubby and child, its more enjoyable with them to relax and do whatever we are feeling. Someday though, I'm ditching them for a while and going craZy in the park solo! :laughing:

This is how we always did vacations before I found the DIS. We would plan dining, and nothing else. I'm really looking forward to getting back to that. Those unexpected moments are always the best memories.

But, I'm definitely with you. Some day I'm taking a solo trip and doing whatever I want. :thumbsup2

We also arrive on the 26th and will probably hit up MK that day at some point. MSEP is running that night, so we'll most likely swing in for that - maybe we'll see ya there! :goodvibes

How did I not realize that we're going to be there at the same time?

I'm definitely hoping to see MSEP! I haven't seen it in years. I'd love a mini meet with you if you're interested (providing the kiddos are amenable LOL).

I like your plans! I don't know if I will ever be able to just 'go with the flow' at Disney ever again. Maybe I over plan... i donno... :rolleyes:

I don't think you're an overplanner, because you've always been willing to chuck plans and go with the flow when needed. :thumbsup2

I've been wanting to try out Kona for dinner. I think you will really enjoy it there. Just be prepared for it to be loud. We have walked past Kona during dinner hours and it is always loud.

Good to know. Our ressie is pretty early, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I think Nemo would love to eat at CMs. I know it is up in the air now... but maybe, just maybe, your mom, in a way, will be there with you and the family. I think that eating there, along with saving POTC and HM for last is a nice way to keep the tradition going. :) :hug:

Nemo's actually gotten shy of characters lately. So it'll really depend on how Squirt reacts to them. If he's in love with characters on this trip, then I'll seriously considering going to Chef Mickey's, but if he cries the first time he sees Mickey, then why go through a meal like that?

So glad you want to try Kona. I think Crystal Palace would be a great place if you chose not to do Chef Mickey's.

I didn't even think of it as an option. I'm going to run it by MJS and see what he thinks.

I know this will be a bittersweet trip, but I also know that celebrating for Tink will ake it more sweet than bitter.

True, very true.

I admit, I can't imagine life without hoppers. I need that freedom, that flexibility as you just never know what a trip might throw at you.

Exactly!

I think your plans look great and you know, the world will not end if you make an ADR and don't keep it. Ssshhhh don't tell anyone. Sometimes having options, and choosing not to use them, are what keeps us sane.

Do you mean you won't revoke my DIS status? ;)

I don't think you're an overplanner, because you've always been willing to chuck plans and go with the flow when needed. :thumbsup2

I guess you're right. It is hard planing when there are always other variables that factor in to our trips ie. traveling with friends, sickness, fitting in time for DWs Florida family. Maybe we just shouldn't tell anyone we are going and just sneak to Disney. :confused3

Subscribing!

I am so terribly sorry to hear (read) about your mom. I can not even imagine. I am sure that every day is still a struggle and I pray that you are given the strength/determination you need to get through each day.

Congratulations on your little guy! :yay:

Now I have to go catch up...

I guess you're right. It is hard planing when there are always other variables that factor in to our trips ie. traveling with friends, sickness, fitting in time for DWs Florida family. Maybe we just shouldn't tell anyone we are going and just sneak to Disney. :confused3

Dude, a sneak attack! I like it! :thumbsup2

Subscribing!

I am so terribly sorry to hear (read) about your mom. I can not even imagine. I am sure that every day is still a struggle and I pray that you are given the strength/determination you need to get through each day.

Congratulations on your little guy! :yay:

Now I have to go catch up...

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to have you here. How are you?

Thank you for your condolences. I'm doing better, but still, one day at a time. And thanks for the congrats on Squirt. He's my joy!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to have you here. How are you?

Thank you for your condolences. I'm doing better, but still, one day at a time. And thanks for the congrats on Squirt. He's my joy!

I'm doing great! Thanks for asking.

I'm loving life as a mom to my 6 month old baby girl! princess:

I'm doing great! Thanks for asking.

I'm loving life as a mom to my 6 month old baby girl! princess:

YOU HAD A BABY!!!!!!

I really have missed you! :lmao: Oh, congratulations! I am so happy for you. These years are priceless, I know you will enjoy them. :goodvibes

It doesn't work. :lmao:

I just placed a little phone call to Disney Dining and spoke with a lovely woman named Sharon.

Unfortunately, all her loveliness couldn't enable her to add the milk allergy to my dining reservations. She kept getting the same error code, no matter how she tried. I figure this is most likely because of the massive upgrades they've been doing to the system, and eventually I offered to call back another day. The trip is 4 months away, that's plenty of time.

Would have been nice to get it out of the way when I had some free time though. :lmao:

ugh, what a bummer, but nice that she was lovely! I always worry I'll forget to call back.

Oy!!! What a bummer!!! Hopefully Disney will have all the kinks worked out of their system soon enough!!!!! I have to call in a couple of days so here's hoping LOL!

At least you have plenty of time to get it added in. Those updates can play havoc with the systems for awhile.

How did I not realize that we're going to be there at the same time?

I'm definitely hoping to see MSEP! I haven't seen it in years. I'd love a mini meet with you if you're interested (providing the kiddos are amenable LOL).

That sounds great! I'm on Heidi's TR too and it sounds like she has a DIS Meet idea cooking since there will be quite a few of us there during those same dates!

Sorry to hear about the milk allergy issue with Disney's systems! I hope they get that worked out quickly, I imagine quite a few people are running into that issue...

Kat have you tried modifying the ADRs online? I know that you can add celebrations after the fact, maybe you can do it to allergies as well.

You would think that a multi-BILLION dollar company would have a better computer set up than they have. You would think they could do a little better job with these change overs. :confused3:confused3

You should be able to call back in a week or two and get it all taken care of. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the encouragement, folks! Don't have time for individual responses this morning, but I wanted to let you all know I appreciate your chiming in. :goodvibes

Heidi, I did try to modify online and the only option available was canceling. As far as I could tell, you couldn't add anything like an allergy to the ressie, although this could be a result of the system upgrade. I'm going to give it a go again today, I hope.

Squirt has a fever and was pretty fretful, nursing off and on all night, so I'm wiped out today. I'm hoping to post an update soon, but just wanted to let you all know where we're at in the TK household. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter