"Welcome Home" annoys me

I know. I wasn’t going to say anything to the DVC owners because I didn’t want them to be crushed that they say it to me as a hotel guest. 😬

Haha. I've been hearing welcome home for over 20 years as a DVC member and, no, it won't crush me if it's used to welcome a non DVC member anywhere. I'm almost certain I was 'welcome home'ed' at a Hyatt last summer so I don't think it's even just a Disney thing anymore, but an industry thing.

I read a book called Be Our Guest. It’s by a former cast member and talks about how they revolutionized the service industry

And then Disney turned the model on its head with overwhelming volume of guests and increasing the amount of temporary employees. I'm sure there's an answer for higher volume but equal service quality. I'll have to get in the lab and work on that.

And then Disney turned the model on its head with overwhelming volume of guests and increasing the amount of temporary employees. I'm sure there's an answer for higher volume but equal service quality. I'll have to get in the lab and work on that.
Get the iPad out and stand at the gates 🤔. Although I think the answer to that is “we can train temp employees to say ‘welcome home’ to a high volume of guests and they will feel a high quality of service.” 😂
But they are right. I love it!

Last edited:

I find it impertinent. Disney is not my home and there isn't anything about it that feels like home. But its background noise, there is so much demanding my attention at Disney this is easily ignored (the fact that there is so much demanding my attention at Disney is one of the big reasons it doesn't feel like home - and that the sensory experience isn't consistent. Every place at Disney SMELLS different, it SOUNDS different, there is no relaxing into "this feels like home." I like Disney, but for a place to feel like home, I need to be a lot more comfortable and it needs to have a lot less people).

It's a little odd as a greeting but it's not the worst thing in the world.

We love hearing "Welcome Home". Especially when entering the parks.

I also love the purple circle but don’t care about “welcome home.” I find the “aloha” from all the CMs at the Polynesian much more cringeworthy for some reason. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m the primary member on our account, and I’ve always gotten the purple light. It’s still a bit of a geeky thrill. I agree it would be much better if this worked for all members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter