"Welcome Home" annoys me

Aw, I'm sorry some don't like it. That's too bad. :( It's meant to be friendly, warm, welcoming and all sort of positive things like that, so it's a bummer to hear that it actually creates a negative feeling for some. I guess you truly can't make everyone happy, even in the smallest choices.

Oh and let me take this one step further - we were in WDW over thanksgiving break and the magic band touchpoints into the parks now SAY Welcome Home and I started to skip down main street like a lunatic.

so yeah i love it.
I was at WDW in August and have not seen (heard) that. What touchpoints? Entry gates? They actually say that, in place of the usual chime?

Oh and let me take this one step further - we were in WDW over thanksgiving break and the magic band touchpoints into the parks now SAY Welcome Home and I started to skip down main street like a lunatic.

so yeah i love it.

OMG- us too! The touchpoint said it at EPCOT and MK for us last weekend... I was so giddy. It's the small things these days.

It makes me smile :)

A DCL crew member asks your family / party name as you board the ship. Then you are welcomed aboard by name. That’s special to me too!:boat: Other cruise lines don’t do that....well maybe the ultra expensive ones, I don’t know about those.

Celebrity gives you champagne (or sparkling cider or juice). But no name announcement.

Resort cast members (some if not all) say, "Welcome home" to anyone, not just to DVC members.

Yep! I'm not DVC (I just stay on cash sometimes) but whenever I walk into a resort (honestly not even just DVC) I hear it.

Celebrity gives you champagne (or sparkling cider or juice). But no name announcement.
I didn’t notice that. We boarded in Buenos Aires, it was truly a nightmare climbing up scaffolding....we could have used champagne when we finally got up!

I didn’t notice that. We boarded in Buenos Aires, it was truly a nightmare climbing up scaffolding....we could have used champagne when we finally got up!

I had to look for them - they weren't lined up like the crew who clap you onto DCL.

You had to climb scaffolding to get on??

I like hearing it. I like my band turning purple. Before we bought DVC, the gentleman at POFQ said it every time we walked through the front doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter