Welcome Bags

If anyone recieved the water label template and the wedding logo can you let me know so I can provide you my email address and would you be so kind to send it to me?

Pretty please more welcome bag pics!
please.gif

And tips for traveling with them or assembly once you get there?

I am so glad for all these suggestions!!

Christina, I know what you mean about the costs! You have a TON of guests, too, so it adds up.

I LOVE the water bottles,so I know I will do them. I was also thinking of doing the same thing w sunscreen - buying plain little bottles, those huge cheap sunscreen refills and making my own labels.

My dollar store has a decent amount of Disney stuff- pen and pencil packs, teeny plushes, etc.

The park brochures will be free, so that's awesome, too.

I am also probably making 1 bag per couple, so that will save a little, too. And maybe something cheap for the kids? Not sure yet. Did you all do them 1 per couple/family/room/person?

I do have a question about the buttons. Did you just go to guest relations and ask for the buttons? Did you tell them what you were doing and did they ask why you needed so many? I don't want to go there and say I need 65 first time buttons, 2 anniversary buttons, 2 just (almost!) married buttons . . . and have them look at me like I am holding a robbery! lol

I would like to know this too. I need to get an Anniversary button as part of a suprise.

I just went to guest services at the parks and asked.... granted I didn't need many but they were more than happy to give them too me. No explanation just said I needed so many this button. good luck with all your plans

I'm just planning on using regular water bottles, and taking off their label and adding the one i make.

Thant's exactally what we did:thumbsup2

I am also probably making 1 bag per couple, so that will save a little, too. And maybe something cheap for the kids? Not sure yet. Did you all do them 1 per couple/family/room/person?

We did 1 bag/couple & single guests each received their own as well.

I do have a question about the buttons. Did you just go to guest relations and ask for the buttons? Did you tell them what you were doing and did they ask why you needed so many? I don't want to go there and say I need 65 first time buttons, 2 anniversary buttons, 2 just (almost!) married buttons . . . and have them look at me like I am holding a robbery! lol

CM's gave them to us LIKE CRAZY - I think we got a new set everyday.

These are great! I hope we see some more... I am in desperate need of inspiration. ::yes::

I'm curious for those who flew to Orlando, how did you transport your welcome bags?

They flew with us becuase they were flat & packed easily

I agree, I love the ears logo - especially because purple is one of our colors -- do tell!!:goodvibes

I have had several requests for just the Wedding Logo and/or the Mickey watermark on the Info Pack. I cannot seam to locate the source file amongst all my stuff but, it wasn’t too hard & you guys are pretty smart so I’ll just tell you what we did:

We started by making the logo:

* We used Adobe Illustrator CS3 – and we started with just your average Mickey silhouette that you can Google & find just about anywhere.

* We then tried different brush strokes until we found one we liked & changed the outline to that brush stroke.

* We entered our specific wedding info & chose the colors.

* The watermark on the Info Pack is just a faded version of the logo minus the wedding specs.

If anyone recieved the water label template and the wedding logo can you let me know so I can provide you my email address and would you be so kind to send it to me?

Check your email - I just sent these

Okey-Day

I just sent an email to everyone - I HOPE

If I missed you - I am sorry :worship: please send me a PM with your email address

I have also received several requests with no email address.....

CS3!! :woohoo: I don't know why I never though to use Illustrator!! duh! Maybe I'll make one of the castle so its not quite a total rip off of yours! :rotfl: Thanks for all the info though, you rock!!

Let's here it for disbride pay it forward!! :jumping1:

Disney is having a sale (disneyshopping.com, i think) and I bought like 12 beach towels for under a hundred dollars -- they were $6.99-$12.99 a piece. What a deal! :thumbsup2

try oriental trading www.orientaltrading.com That is where I got mine. they are not canvas but they are cloth and a pretty good deal. They even have the option to screen print on them.. they are a little bit more than $1 per bag but not that much

The beach towels are even cheaper today they are 25% off the sale price with the code summer25 and some of the mare only $3 and change..

And i love everyones ideas... great job to all...

Question 1 did u do 1 per couple or per person?

Question 2 our kids are going and basicly being our attendents( We are doign a VR) I am getting them some kind of jewelery bu should i also do welcome bags for them as a surprise?

go to wiltonprint.com and look around there they have lots of printable templates for water bottles and favor tags, candy bar wraps etc. I just found it yesterday and printed all of my H20 labels;) :goodvibes Oh, and KellyJo and Mystii....your bags put mine to SHAME! SO nice!:worship:

The beach towels are even cheaper today they are 25% off the sale price with the code summer25 and some of the mare only $3 and change..

And i love everyones ideas... great job to all...

Question 1 did u do 1 per couple or per person?

Question 2 our kids are going and basicly being our attendents( We are doign a VR) I am getting them some kind of jewelery bu should i also do welcome bags for them as a surprise?

I ordered this lanyard and family vacation postcard beach towel... I was really pleased with both, especially being they were on sale!
VRlanyards.jpg

familytowel.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you print the water bottle labels on? Do you print them on normal paper or on label paper? If label paper, where do you get that? I'm confused.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you print the water bottle labels on? Do you print them on normal paper or on label paper? If label paper, where do you get that? I'm confused.

Tracy - I'm going to take the labels off all the water bottles, print our labels on plain white paper, cut them up and then just use hot glue or a glue stick to wrap it around the bottle then put a strip of glue to attach it to itself and the bottle. No need to spend a lot of money on self-adhesive paper when I'm guessing most, if not all, of our guests will throw out the bottle when they're done w/the water. So we're kind of just reattaching a label to the bottle in the same way the water companies do it.

Genius. Plain paper. :thumbsup2

Tracy - I'm going to take the labels off all the water bottles, print our labels on plain white paper, cut them up and then just use hot glue or a glue stick to wrap it around the bottle then put a strip of glue to attach it to itself and the bottle. No need to spend a lot of money on self-adhesive paper when I'm guessing most, if not all, of our guests will throw out the bottle when they're done w/the water. So we're kind of just reattaching a label to the bottle in the same way the water companies do it.

I am making these bags for the girls in my daughters wedding. I made the first two yesterday.
IMG00022.jpg
I am not sure what will be in these since they are "special" for the bridemaids and maid of honor. I have to buy more material I actually got 2 bags out of what one called for it must have been because I used the opposite side of the material for the strap?? I don't know I am deffinatly no seamstress but these were pretty easy, and since I got "2" bags out of the material called for in the pattern instead of"1"and my discount on the material at Wal Mart minus the pattern I only paid $7.95 a piece for them. I am not sure if all of them will be the same material either I am heading out today to see what other colors I can find. I would love to find blue and yellow since those are the wedding colors, I will see what I can find today and if I find those colors I will do something else with the pink ones....LOL... maybe sell them. We are also making welcome bags for other guests but they won't be like these since there are like 80 guests.

Can someone tell me where I can get a few of those 1st visit pins?? I will probably need around 20 of them for my guests. thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter