Welcome Bags

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
For those of you who made welcome bags can you post pics of them and what you put inside?

I'd love some ideas!

I really haven't made mine yet.... I know what I plan on putting in them though. I am using a decorated canvas bag with a welcome folder inside.
Here is what I am planning on:
Light character pens: one for each guest
special occasion buttons
lanyards with 2 pins ( one per bag) w/ pin trading info.
CDs with Disney Music- disney songs@ceremony
one Pirate one /Princess Disney Dollar per bag
Mickey card game
mini cars /princess crayons -1 pkg. per bag
Bear Necessities pack: bandaid, hand sanitizer, etc per bag
Mickey Magic wash cloths 1 per bag

In the welcome folder will be:
info on festivities/events
park maps
door sign
Hidden Mickey document
Scavenger Hunt
Customized Crossword Puzzle
Postcards with stamp

I will try and find a picture of what I have....good luck with your planning!:goodvibes

here are some of the items...
021.jpg

this is the bag I plan on using...
028.jpg

They are so cute!!! The amount I am spending will prob. depend on how many people come. I will definitely keep it under ten. If I have to make about 50-60 bags, I will try to keep it less than that, even. Maybe 5-7?

where did you guys get your bags from? I can only find them for like $10-15 a piece!! :eek:

Hey Lulu! I haven't posted over here in ages but noticed your thread.

We made our bags out of towel, terry cloth, material and embroidered family names on the Mickey fabric.
DSCN0922-1.jpg

DSCN1043.jpg

The picture was taken before we really had everything for the bags decided on but in the end the bags included:
Water bottle
Magic Kingdom water bottle lanyard
First aid kit
Kleenex
Sunscreen
Park buttons, when appropriate (first visit, anniversary, birthday)
Mickey photo album
Snack food
Playing cards
Park brochures
Travel wet wipes
Cell phone list - so guests could contact us
Ohana invitation - rehearsal/welcome dinner
Bus schedule
*I'm drawing a blank as to what else we included - sorry!

My mom and I stuffed them all in the parking lot because our room wasn't ready yet. It was almost 100 degrees out - I don't recommend this! We had to take turns going into the lobby so we wouldn't pass out.
P4070194.jpg

We filled backpacks up with goodies to keep the kids busy on the plane.
DSCN1042.jpg
DSCN1040.jpg

They were also given a bucket (excuse Spongebob, my mom didn't realize he wasn't Disney) at the hotel filled with Disney goodies, towel, sunglasses, etc.
DSCN1039.jpg

Here's our transportation info page that was included.
weddingtransportationonlineversion.jpg

I got my bags( plain canvas) from walmart and then added the design etc. They were $2.36 a piece or 3 for $5.67 ( or there about).they are nice size and hold the standard pocket folder

Right now the bag is the hardest part. I don't want to do the paper bag but the only thing I have found for under/at 1 dollar apiece is a kraft gable box, its ok, but I would love to have some sort of bag people could carry.

Hey Lulu! I haven't posted over here in ages but noticed your thread.

We made our bags out of towel, terry cloth, material and embroidered family names on the Mickey fabric.
DSCN0922-1.jpg

DSCN1043.jpg

The picture was taken before we really had everything for the bags decided on but in the end the bags included:
Water bottle
Magic Kingdom water bottle lanyard
First aid kit
Kleenex
Sunscreen
Park buttons, when appropriate (first visit, anniversary, birthday)
Mickey photo album
Snack food
Playing cards
Park brochures
Travel wet wipes
Cell phone list - so guests could contact us
Ohana invitation - rehearsal/welcome dinner
Bus schedule
*I'm drawing a blank as to what else we included - sorry!

My mom and I stuffed them all in the parking lot because our room wasn't ready yet. It was almost 100 degrees out - I don't recommend this! We had to take turns going into the lobby so we wouldn't pass out.
P4070194.jpg

We filled backpacks up with goodies to keep the kids busy on the plane.
DSCN1042.jpg
DSCN1040.jpg

They were also given a bucket (excuse Spongebob, my mom didn't realize he wasn't Disney) at the hotel filled with Disney goodies, towel, sunglasses, etc.
DSCN1039.jpg

Here's our transportation info page that was included.
weddingtransportationonlineversion.jpg

WOW Kellyjo18!!! that is excellent.

Do you mind me asking the ball park figure for all that stuff? I have some things already, but not much and its already adding up....

thanks!:)

Kelly - your welcome bag is definitely one of the best I've ever seen! I'm so jealous of your guests ;)

WOW Kellyjo18!!! that is excellent.

Do you mind me asking the ball park figure for all that stuff? I have some things already, but not much and its already adding up....

thanks!:)

Overall, I think we probably spent at least $100/bag. We bought everything so slowly though that we didn't realize it. Plus, since we made the bags we had to buy all those supplies, zippers start to add up. We didn't figure out how much we spent until after the All Star Movies Resort lost my in-laws bag. Make sure to put a cell phone number on the bag so if someone finds it they can contact you (we didn't do that). They were definitely worth it though. Guests used them in the parks and have brought them back on return trips to Disney to use again! Apparently quite a few of our guests were stopped in the parks and asked where they got the bags. I never made one for myself though!

Thanks Catherine and DecemberBride!! :goodvibes: I was proud of how they turned out after putting so much work into them.

OMG those bags are amazing! Do you have a template -- are you a seamstress? They're awesome!! :thumbsup2

KellyJo ~ did you use a pattern for the bags or did you just figure out how to make it on your own? i'm very crafty and know how to sew, but never thought of making my own bags... :confused3 TIA!

I'd love to get in on the bag template too!

This is a great thread. I was wondering the same thing.

I'm getting married next year on the Wonder (3-day cruise, wedding on CC) and I want really good but economoic ;) bags. I would definitely make a beach bag myself to keep the costs down. I'd have to make about 45 though!

Here are the ideas I've come up with for the bag so far (and I like being practical so I only want to put things in the bag they'll use...I don't want to waste $$ either):
- Palm Tree or boat cookie cutter
- Luggage Tag
- Photo holder
- Maybe rubber ducks
- Sunscreen

I'm also making markerboards for everyone's doors on the cruise.

I know that's not a long list but like I said - that's why I need this thread! And I have a few months to plan.

OMG those bags are amazing! Do you have a template -- are you a seamstress? They're awesome!! :thumbsup2

KellyJo ~ did you use a pattern for the bags or did you just figure out how to make it on your own? i'm very crafty and know how to sew, but never thought of making my own bags... :confused3 TIA!

I'd love to get in on the bag template too!

This is a great thread. I was wondering the same thing.

I'm getting married next year on the Wonder (3-day cruise, wedding on CC) and I want really good but economoic ;) bags. I would definitely make a beach bag myself to keep the costs down. I'd have to make about 45 though!

Here are the ideas I've come up with for the bag so far (and I like being practical so I only want to put things in the bag they'll use...I don't want to waste $$ either):
- Palm Tree or boat cookie cutter
- Luggage Tag
- Photo holder
- Maybe rubber ducks
- Sunscreen

I'm also making markerboards for everyone's doors on the cruise.

I know that's not a long list but like I said - that's why I need this thread! And I have a few months to plan.

I'm definitely NOT a seamstress, lol. My mom is pretty good at sewing and did the difficult parts. I was allowed to sew the lining since people wouldn't be able to see it :rotfl2:. Honestly this project did 100% improve my sewing skills.

It's Butterick pattern B4821.
welcomebagpattern.jpg

I just looked it up on their website, it's out of print but your local fabric stores might still have it. http://www.butterick.com/item/B4821.htm?search=bag&page=3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter