Weird Restaurant Payment Question

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So we will in Disney World next week. A business associate wants to call into a restaurant we will be eating at and pay for our meal (very nice). However I don’t know if they will do this? The restaurants don’t have specific phone numbers do they? You’re calling into a call center. They also said they would give us their credit card info but again I don’t know if the restaurant will accept this without the physical card? Does anyone know of a way to do this? Buying a gift card or cash isn’t an option here
Any help please?

Call center. Won't work.

Once, late-'90s, we mapped out a HS touring plan for my in-laws who were there for the day, and called ahead with our cc number to pay for their lunch at Brown Derby, which went off without a hitch. They were really surprised and delighted. Hey, it was the least we could do after telling them to RD TOT, and ignore the screams if they heard any because they just piped in those sounds for mood. 🤣

Agree with PP. Odd that cash or gift card won't work unless it is being done as a business expense - and if so, still seems odd.
Yes being used as a business expense and they can’t, company policy, send gift cards to people.

If they give you the number and 3 digit code, you could use the card as payment on a mobile order for counter service.

The only other thing I can think of is if you're dining at somewhere not Disney, like Shula's or somewhere in Disney Springs where there is an actual phone number.

If they give you the number and 3 digit code, you could use the card as payment on a mobile order for counter service.

The only other thing I can think of is if you're dining at somewhere not Disney, like Shula's or somewhere in Disney Springs where there is an actual phone number.
Ahhhhhh good thinking we can do someplace in Disney Springs! Thank you

Just FYI, alot of restaurants require the person paying send a copy of their ID and form to fill out
Thanks it looks like it won’t work! I called Disney dining and they said they can’t take a card over the phone. I even called Morimoto and they can’t either. I get it how do they know the person isn’t calling with a stolen card or something. I guess no free dinner for me!

So we will in Disney World next week. A business associate wants to call into a restaurant we will be eating at and pay for our meal (very nice). However I don’t know if they will do this? The restaurants don’t have specific phone numbers do they? You’re calling into a call center. They also said they would give us their credit card info but again I don’t know if the restaurant will accept this without the physical card? Does anyone know of a way to do this? Buying a gift card or cash isn’t an option here
Any help please?
Very nice of them to offer but a kind gesture should never be an inconvenience for the receiver. If they can't hand off the card or provide a gift card/cash, it's not really very helpful. Maybe change your plans and you all do delivery/mobile ordering instead so you can just use the card number and they can order a nice meal for you.

My daughter has done this for our anniversary. She has paid for our meal at the Flying Fish. She somehow got the phone number of the restaurant manager and giver her cc# to him. He has called her after our meal to let her know the final charge. I do think she had a little help getting the number from a manager at the BWI, where we were staying. She has done this s couple of times.

My daughter has done this for our anniversary. She has paid for our meal at the Flying Fish. She somehow got the phone number of the restaurant manager and giver her cc# to him. He has called her after our meal to let her know the final charge. I do think she had a little help getting the number from a manager at the BWI, where we were staying. She has done this s couple of times.
yes maybe we will try that as well. I phoned a few restaurants and the only one that has a process I have found is STK Orlando. They will email a credit card authorization form for the person to sign and fill in. Morimoto said only way was to buy a gift card. I could try and ask when we get to Boardwalk as we are stay there but at least I have a back up plan for now
thanks

Thank you all i appreciate all the suggestions. so this is what the person offers and I have been doing business with them for years. They often locally will call a restaurant and give their credit card and pay for a dinner. I told them I was going to be in Disney and they said let us know where you will be and we will call in and pay for your meal, that’s it. There is nothing suspicious and this is what they offered so all these other options people are saying the business can do, I will not call a business I have a relationship with and say “you know you can buy me a gift card or do this or do that” I appreciate the gesture they are trying to make and if it works out great if not so be it. I was asking if anyone knew a restaurant that might be able to accommodate and if I wasn’t clear on that my apologies

Just FYI, alot of restaurants require the person paying send a copy of their ID and form to fill out
That process seems to be the rule in the higher tier restaurants. There is so much fraud these days. In no way am implying that this would be the risk in the OP's specific case.

It's a lovely gesture and seems to work in the OP's local area. It would not be accepted in the DC area where I live.

It's a lovely gesture and seems to work in the OP's local area. It would not be accepted in the DC area where I live.
It is certainly accepted in the DC area I have done it a number of times for a Holiday Dinner for a Retail location we have about 4 blocks from the White house.

DS restaurants are far more likely to accomodate as others have said as they do cater to Corporate events and will have staff that will gladly deal with this. Years (maybe 18) ago I could give you list as the company my wife worked for had events and we had the job of visiting some on a vacation it helped that she was the one choosing where the events would be held. The BW area Hotels will be another option as corporate events are hosted there as well I have friends who went to them and all was corporate paid. What OP is doing is not uncommon it is rather normal with Corporate rules even within a company for those who do or do not have a card.

I would expect most restaurants won't agree to this. There is a LOT of credit card fraud/scams going around and if someone found the card on the street or perhaps stole it from someone, seems like the restaurant would be left holding the bag on a 3rd party transaction. While YOU may know the person making the offer is legit, the restaurant really has no way to prove the transaction is authentic. For future reference you may mention to them that this type of transaction is frequently not accepted, perhaps they don't realize that and will make other payment arrangements.

It is certainly accepted in the DC area I have done it a number of times for a Holiday Dinner for a Retail location we have about 4 blocks from the White house.

DS restaurants are far more likely to accomodate as others have said as they do cater to Corporate events and will have staff that will gladly deal with this. Years (maybe 18) ago I could give you list as the company my wife worked for had events and we had the job of visiting some on a vacation it helped that she was the one choosing where the events would be held. The BW area Hotels will be another option as corporate events are hosted there as well I have friends who went to them and all was corporate paid. What OP is doing is not uncommon it is rather normal with Corporate rules even within a company for those who do or do not have a card.
Yes this is rather common in the corporate world and in my line of business. I guess I worded my question poorly because so many people responded with what I should tell the person who is offering this gesture what to do and how they should pay for my meal.
I was really looking if anyone knew how to call a restaurant directly or if anyone has done this at a particular restaurant. I can see from my original post how this may have been confusing however I didn’t want to get into discussing how my line of business works everyone so I just read everyone’s thoughts understanding they were trying to be helpful
as I said STK has a process to get this done, not my first choice but I am CERTAINLY appreciative of the person for even offering even if it doesn’t work out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter