Weird Restaurant Payment Question

It is certainly accepted in the DC area I have done it a number of times for a Holiday Dinner for a Retail location we have about 4 blocks from the White house.

DS restaurants are far more likely to accomodate as others have said as they do cater to Corporate events and will have staff that will gladly deal with this. Years (maybe 18) ago I could give you list as the company my wife worked for had events and we had the job of visiting some on a vacation it helped that she was the one choosing where the events would be held. The BW area Hotels will be another option as corporate events are hosted there as well I have friends who went to them and all was corporate paid. What OP is doing is not uncommon it is rather normal with Corporate rules even within a company for those who do or do not have a card.
That is great news, Anthony. I have tried to send several clients comp items at Joe's, Pineapple and Pearls and Masseria. None would take a card for gift purposes. I'm absolutely serious when I ask, "What is your secret?" It would be wonderful not to here the suggestion of a gift card. There is no surprise in that.

I agree with austintink that a restaurant at the Swan or Dolphin might work. I know I spoke with a manager at Il Mulino directly when I called to order a birthday cake. I don't have the phone number anymore though.

Yes this is rather common in the corporate world and in my line of business. I guess I worded my question poorly because so many people responded with what I should tell the person who is offering this gesture what to do and how they should pay for my meal.
I was really looking if anyone knew how to call a restaurant directly or if anyone has done this at a particular restaurant. I can see from my original post how this may have been confusing however I didn’t want to get into discussing how my line of business works everyone so I just read everyone’s thoughts understanding they were trying to be helpful
as I said STK has a process to get this done, not my first choice but I am CERTAINLY appreciative of the person for even offering even if it doesn’t work out
Maybe they can just let you borrow their credit card with the promise that you will only use it for your one dinner for eight at Victoria & Albert's. :D

Easiest way is to book one of the few restaurants or experiences (epcot fireworks)
which require prepayment at the time of reservation.

edited to add some of the platinum type credit cards have a concierge service which helps secure difficult dining reservations. They may be able to help, assuming a suitable reservation is available

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter