Weight Watchers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinb

DIS veteran
Hi there! This thread is intended for people who are following Weight Watchers, but everyone is welcome. Many times I have come home from a meeting itching to "talk" to someone else about what was said in the meeting or maybe share tips or my leader's recipe of the day. I thought it could be a place to hang out, discuss the meeting topic of the week, share recipes and goals and what ever else comes to mind. I know there is already a weigh-in thread, but I thought that we needed someplace a little more "chatty" than just a place to enter our weekly weight loss.

Since I started the thread, I'll also post first :).

I have been on WW since last summer. I joined as an e-tools member and I love the convenience of being able to track online. I have been (literally) up and down. My mom was in the hospital for the month of August and I lived in hotel rooms and ate every since meal in a restaurant. That wasn't a good month for me in many ways. My mom is fine now, but I have had other weight loss bumps in the road. I came back from WDW in January at almost my heaviest weight ever. Of course, I joined everyone else in the weight loss band wagon and started to attend meetings. They were mobbed!

A few weeks ago my leader said something that stuck with me. She was struggling with a few extra pounds herself and started at attend meeting again. She said that her goal was to "Eat Clean". She made her goal of losing 7 lbs by Valentine's day and was even more of an inspiration to me. So, for the past two weeks, I have been "eating clean". I think that we can all come up with our own definition of "eating clean" but mine was to cut WAY BACK on the processed foods. I was eating a Lean Cuisine type meal virtually every day. I have also tried to stay within my Daily Points (plus earned Activity Points) during the week and splurge with the Weeklies on the weekend. My weigh-in day is on Friday :).

The other thing I have been doing this week is our meeting's "Truth Journal". It is one of two 3-month point trackers that change hands every week. I volunteered to take it last Friday and I have been doing my best to write down EVERYTHING. I find that I am eating less than I expected to with the combination of eating whole, unprocessed foods and tracking everything that I eat.

Hi! I love this idea.

I have been on WW (this time) since the summer. I was on it a couple years ago but got derailed with a move, an ice storm, and the holidays (lots of eating out and so on). It took a year and a half after quitting that first time, and a lot of other failed diet attempts, to decide to go back. It was sort of an impulse decision to rejoin. I gave it about 15 minutes of looking on the WW website to pay my fee. I went to a meeting that night, and I weighed my highest known weight. Like, more than the day I gave birth to my second child. But I decided not to worry about it because I was back on track to really losing weight again.

I have now lost 28 pounds, with the ultimate goal of losing 82 pounds. Between October and February I gained and lost the same 5 pounds, but I'm finally seeing steady losses again. Booking our trip to Disney really invigorated my weight loss efforts. I want to be able to take pictures while there with my family and not cringe when I see them. (Sadly, I've been so self-conscious that I have almost no pictures of me with my kids). You can see my ticker for my Disney mini-goal.

The best saying I heard from my Weight Watchers leader is "You can eat what you want to eat, or you can wear what you want to wear." I am definitely motivated by clothes. I am short, and I'm sick of wearing ill-fitted and/or ugly clothes because it is HARD to find plus-sized clothes if you are short. So I try to keep that phrase in my head when talking myself out of going back for seconds.

I love that idea of the traveling journal! I might bring that up with my leader tomorrow night.

Hi,
This is a great idea. I am also doing WW online and so far I am doing great! :cool1:

I have been yo-yo dieting since my daughter was born 5 years ago. Something feels different this time---I really feel like I am going to succeed.

I am so sick of being fat, cringing at what few photos there are of me. The WW plan has been really easy to follow but I am dreading the plateau I usually hit after I get the first 15-20 pds off. I have to figure out how to bust through it.

I had not such a great day yesterday. DH had back surgery and I was at the hospital most of the day- cafeteria food. I could have made better choices, but I could have made worse choices too. Back on plan today. :thumbsup2

Morning all! I'm anxious to read some more WW talk here. I have been doing WW on my own for 26 months now.... just a lifetime left! I have been within 10 pounds of my goal weight for a few months now, but I seem to keep yo-yoing with the same 5 pounds. It maybe time to decide that I set my goal weight too low, but I'm going to give it a few more months before I give up on seeing 130.

I joined WW many, many times and attended plenty of meetings, which I loved. But I found it harder and harder to regularly attend meeting with my current schedule. When I would miss a meeting or two, it seemed to give me an excuse to give up.... so I decided to forgo the meetings this time and go it alone. I figured after all my different WW attempts (starting back in my early teens), I had the knowledge.... I just needed to apply it. And this has been my most successful attempt to date!! Like I said, I am within 10 pounds of my goal now (actually... I have adjusted my goal downward a few times, so I have technically hit my first and second goals!).

I attribute a great deal of my success this time around on the support I find here on the WISH boards. Kind of like a "drop in" WW meeting that is open 24 hours a day!

Mermaid02.... I hope your DH is recovering comfortably now!

I'm looking forward to sharing recipes and such with you all!..................P

Good morning everyone!

Amy8888: I know what you mean about being the same weight as when you were pregnant. My weight is pretty darn close to what it was when I was 9 months preggers with my DD! In the past 10 years I have been as much as 25 pounds lighter. It's disheartening to see how far I have to go to get where I once was in recent memory. *sigh* I am very proud of you for losing 28 pounds! Way to go!

suzanna1066: Is there someone online where they discuss the topic of the week? There seems to be a lot going on at the WW website. I love it for tracking but that's about all I use it for. I do much better when I can attend a meeting. It makes me more accountable, KWIM?

Mermaid02: I hope your DH's surgery is successful and he feels better soon. You know ... I think being at a hospital while your spouse is in surgery is pretty much a free pass to eat comfort food. I do have to say that (from my August experience) eating that way for a full month is not recommended. I didn't feel the best after eating that much garbage for that long :sick:.

pjlla:Lifetime members are certainly welcome here too! If you are not officially "lifetime", you will be there soon enough :).

I wanted to touch briefly on last week's meeting topic. I assume that the topic is the same across the country because the leaders need training materials to lead the meeting. Ours was "Eating Out" and I found my new best friend: "Set Points". OMG! I had NO CLUE. I love Set Points. I used them at least 4 times this week. I can eat "filling foods" and not weigh every ounce that goes into my mouth. It is part of my "Eat Clean" mission and you know what ... I am not hungry this week and I have points left over :eek:. We'll see how things shake out on tomorrow's weigh in.

Good morning everyone!

Amy8888: I know what you mean about being the same weight as when you were pregnant. My weight is pretty darn close to what it was when I was 9 months preggers with my DD! In the past 10 years I have been as much as 25 pounds lighter. It's disheartening to see how far I have to go to get where I once was in recent memory. *sigh* I am very proud of you for losing 28 pounds! Way to go!

suzanna1066: Is there someone online where they discuss the topic of the week? There seems to be a lot going on at the WW website. I love it for tracking but that's about all I use it for. I do much better when I can attend a meeting. It makes me more accountable, KWIM?

Mermaid02: I hope your DH's surgery is successful and he feels better soon. You know ... I think being at a hospital while your spouse is in surgery is pretty much a free pass to eat comfort food. I do have to say that (from my August experience) eating that way for a full month is not recommended. I didn't feel the best after eating that much garbage for that long :sick:.

pjlla:Lifetime members are certainly welcome here too! If you are not officially "lifetime", you will be there soon enough :).

I wanted to touch briefly on last week's meeting topic. I assume that the topic is the same across the country because the leaders need training materials to lead the meeting. Ours was "Eating Out" and I found my new best friend: "Set Points". OMG! I had NO CLUE. I love Set Points. I used them at least 4 times this week. I can eat "filling foods" and not weigh every ounce that goes into my mouth. It is part of my "Eat Clean" mission and you know what ... I am not hungry this week and I have points left over :eek:. We'll see how things shake out on tomorrow's weigh in.

You can throw me in the weight the same as preggers bin too. Ho Hum. I have been doing WW on my own but going online for help. I switched to filling foods and I am loving it. I like Eating Clean and I love not having to count the points. It is going well too. I have lost 18 pounds in 2 months. I would love to join the chat about it here.

I have been yo-yo dieting since my daughter was born 5 years ago. Something feels different this time---I really feel like I am going to succeed.

Then you WILL succeed! I believe that it happens when you are finally really ready for it. I had that same feeling when I went to Weight Watchers this time. I knew my weight would be ugly but for once I wasn't depressed about it, because I knew it was a temporary high.

The really funny thing is, when I got home from WW that first night back, I felt so relieved. So many people are concerned with how hard it is to count points. Well I had been devising my own little convoluted weight loss plans for a couple years (trying to find a simple way to track, or to eat so I wouldn't have to track, to be motivated to exercise, etc.) with no success. Putting all my notes and books away that night felt so good. All I had to do was follow Weight Watcher's advice and I would lose weight. I couldn't believe how freeing it felt to join WW!

Sorry, I'm babbling. I decided I'm going to buy another 3 month journal tonight. I bought one the first time I went and used it religiously, and when it was done I just went with the paper trackers you get for free each week. I think I miss the continuity of just having 12 weeks of tracking at your fingertips. Does anyone else use this?

I'm In!!!
Great Idea for a Thread.

My Story... As a kid I was over weight, In my 20's I was thin I worked out 2x a day everyday, (thank you metoblife) Now in my 30's 2 kids later well I am ... FAT... no other word for it!

I have always been anit WW. I would think, how stupid, pay all that money to have someone tell you what you eat, hey, you should know that ice cream, cake, and french fies are not going to make you loose weight...

So then my father at the age of 56, had to have a 3x bypass. WAKE UP CALL.
I don't want that for me. I don't want my kids paceing the hosptial freaking everytime a nurse came threw the door. So I got on my treadmill in my basment and started to walk, 1 mile in 20 mins!

Then I found out that Disney does a princess 1/2 marathon, I am in love with disney, so I tell DH I gonna do it. He's like ya right, whatever.

So I walk faster on the treadmill, no changes to my weight.. What gives?

I found an the DIS advise on WW's so I went to a meeting, and OMG...

I LOVE IT!
I started Jan 20th I have lost 8. It has not been easy, I still want to eat junk, I still eat junk, but the one this that WW has given me is to be so much more aware of how much I am eating.

I am now much faster in the treadmill, I still wish I lost more weight, but I am so happy with how far I have come in just 6 weeks. My first ever 5k is in April.

Sorry such a long story. But thanks for starting the thread.

You can throw me in the weight the same as preggers bin too. Ho Hum. I have been doing WW on my own but going online for help. I switched to filling foods and I am loving it. I like Eating Clean and I love not having to count the points. It is going well too. I have lost 18 pounds in 2 months. I would love to join the chat about it here.

18lb in 2 months, that is awesome

Then you WILL succeed! I believe that it happens when you are finally really ready for it. I had that same feeling when I went to Weight Watchers this time. I knew my weight would be ugly but for once I wasn't depressed about it, because I knew it was a temporary high.

The really funny thing is, when I got home from WW that first night back, I felt so relieved. So many people are concerned with how hard it is to count points. Well I had been devising my own little convoluted weight loss plans for a couple years (trying to find a simple way to track, or to eat so I wouldn't have to track, to be motivated to exercise, etc.) with no success. Putting all my notes and books away that night felt so good. All I had to do was follow Weight Watcher's advice and I would lose weight. I couldn't believe how freeing it felt to join WW!

Sorry, I'm babbling. I decided I'm going to buy another 3 month journal tonight. I bought one the first time I went and used it religiously, and when it was done I just went with the paper trackers you get for free each week. I think I miss the continuity of just having 12 weeks of tracking at your fingertips. Does anyone else use this?

I use the website, and now I am even going ahead days to plan what I am going to eat, like tomorrow I will have some much, much, much, need wine, 2 points per glass! I think it helps me to log online and to know that yes I have have that I will be fine, or ok, only have 1/2 of that.
Also, for the first time I made whole grain pasta, it was good. only 2 points

Such great stories. I think I have at least one thing in common with everyone who has posted thus far!

I have been doing WW online (only) for a couple of years. I initially lost about 18 pounds, which is actually a few pounds below my goal. After I maintained this for a while, I eased up on religiously tracking the points and my weight was up and down about 5 pounds or so. I would revisit the track for a couple of weeks at a time, but not much more. Eventually, it was more up than down until I had gained about 10 pounds. So, in November, I started tracking my points again and, I have lost the ten pounds. My co-worker is a lifetime WW person with great results, so she has been a big help.

I like the "clean eating" theory. My problem has never really been what I eat (not since college days anyway). Instead, my problem has always been portion size. I can easily go over my points with nothing other than excessive amounts of things like nuts, cereal, air popped popcorn, and pasta. So, my clean eating is really reasonable amounts of whole foods. I also have to watch those carbs, particularly when I am at home over the weekend.

I am currently below my goal weight and have to really work on the activity points to keep below this. Since my fitness goal for the year is to reduce my body fat and to increase muscle, I am not sure how the scale will respond. However, so far so good. My clothes keep getting roomier, so I must be moving in the right direction!

Thanks for starting this thread. I think I will learn a lot!

Hi! I would love to get in on this thread. Once upon a time, I was lifetime, but I'm about four pounds over that now instead of two. We're trying to watch our budget, so I don't want to rejoin but I'm really in need of the support.

The hardest time of day for me is right after my youngest gets home from school about 2:30 and then after 9:00 at night. I should go to bed, but we stay up to make sure our oldest gets all his homework done (he's a high school baseball player).

Since my dh had his surgery people are bringing us food- UGH! :eek: I know they mean well, but I really don't want it here. I'm not having a very good week.

I've lost a ton of weight through the years and always gained it back. This time I am vowing to not gain it back. Right now I am heavier than I was when pregnant with DD. :eek: Not good. I did WW about 10 yrs ago and couldn't get the last 10 lbs off and gave up. I also felt deprived. We were able to a a WW at work group so it has been convenient as well as having a lot of support from people I work with all day.

This time DH and on this journey with me, well actually the whole house is. I have decided that as a family we are going to eat healthier. Not just diet. We are eating more fresh veggies. I don't have much junk food in the house anymore. I am more conscious of what I order when we go out. Just this week I went out to lunch with a friend. Order the wrap on a whole wheat tortilla and instead of the fries or o-rings I got a side of steamed broccoli.

I started on 1/13 and have lost 10 lbs so far and DH has lost almost 20. This time I don't feel deprived at all. I actually have a hard time fitting in all my points some days since I eat so many 0 pt fruits and veggies.

The one thing that has really bothered me is people that know I am on WW (or a diet as they say). When we have a lunch meeting or will have food brought in they say 'you can't eat that' or something along those lines. :rolleyes: Well, actually, I COULD have it if I REALLY wanted it.

The WW website has been redesigned and is much better now IMO. There is a community page with discussion boards and you can friend people ala Facebook. If any of you are over there, I am SA1066 if you want to friend up.

I'm having a really bad week. I don't know what is wrong with me. :sick:

I hope things improve!

I just (like 20 min. ago) changed from meetings to online. I used to go to a meeting near grad school that I loved, but after grad school ended, I decided to go to a meeting right by my house. I just can't get into it so I decided it wasn't worth it for me to pay for meetings. My membership ends mid-month so I will go one last time and weigh-in, probably on Sat.

According to the Wii Fit, I had a really good week. I hope I can maintain it. I truly believe my success this week has to do with drinking plenty of water. I had 7 cups of it today and hope to do at least that tomorrow.

Have a great week!

I was a WW success story at one time. We started an at work group and it was awesome. This was after my son was born and I weighed more than I ever had in my life. I lost about 75 lbs. and felt FANTASTIC, even though I never made it to lifetime.
Over the years I gained a little, lost a little. One day I found myself at nearly 200lbs. I went back to WW several times and tried online. I lost about 15 lbs. That started to creep back on. In December I started on the Nutrimed liquid diet program at a local hospital. I lost 20 lbs very easily. Then I had trouble staying on the total liquid thing and I was afraid the diet was killing my metabolism, because I had 3 straight weeks of no weight change. I also got kind of scared because I literally forgot how to eat right. I decided for financial reasons and health reasons to continue with my weight loss using my WW knowledge. I have lost a total of 25 lbs since December, and would like to lose 20 more.
I have also started running. Now, I have never run a day in my life and here I am at almost 45 years old, running! :eek: A group of co workers is training for a half marathon, and I joined them. They have been at it longer than me, but I must say, I am impressed with myself. I have a couple of ladies who I have teamed up with who alternate running and walking. The total distance for the half marathon is 14 miles. We are up to 6 miles.
I think teh key is to keep things fresh. The exercise is a challenge for me and I am excited at the prospect of being one of those people who get up early and go for a run. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can get outside more.

Good luck everyone!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!