Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Hi there!
I'm new to the boards, been on WW since beginning of May and have lost 22 lbs. I still have another 35ish to 40ish to go (haven't set my goal in stone yet). I'm about 80% sure I'm going to be running in the Princess 1/2 marathon though I had a bummer of a first training run last night... I didn't plan well, though I am pushing past it!
Is anyone here running the Princess 1/2? Would love a buddy to run/"train" with! My husband is coming but is going to ChEAR me on ;)

I'm planning to be running in the Princess. I just started running in January so this will be a first for me. I'm now fast walking for 8 mins/running for 7 mins/ I cover 5.5 miles in 1 1/4 hr. I started WW March '11 and I have lost 44.2 lbs so far. I would like to lose 18 lbs more to be at my goal weight. Just don't stop! You will continue to get stronger and WW is a life style for me and I have love the journey.

-Stephanie

Thanks Stephanie. Did you start doing 10 sec running / 50 sec walking? What training are you using and are you going to do a 5k or 10k prior?

Has anyone tried Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred? I was looking at it on amazon and it is pretty cheap and only 20 minutes long. It sounds like it would fit well in my schedule this fall.

Has anyone tried Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred? I was looking at it on amazon and it is pretty cheap and only 20 minutes long. It sounds like it would fit well in my schedule this fall.

I hate to say it, I own it and haven't tried it. I am afraid to! I want to get into some better shape before I start it. Right now I am doing a kickboxing video that I bought from my WW meeting.

I ended up ordering it, plus her yoga video and 6 week 6 pack ab videos also. I might not be able to do everything on them and I might have to build my way up but I paid less than $25 for all 3. Going to a gym isn't an option because I'm about 30 minutes away from the closest one.

I really hope to get into a routine before college starts back up and I starting using "I'm too busy" as an excuse as I always have before. I really really want to stick with this so I don't want to fall into the same traps as before.

StayCool said:
I ended up ordering it, plus her yoga video and 6 week 6 pack ab videos also. I might not be able to do everything on them and I might have to build my way up but I paid less than $25 for all 3. Going to a gym isn't an option because I'm about 30 minutes away from the closest one.

I really hope to get into a routine before college starts back up and I starting using "I'm too busy" as an excuse as I always have before. I really really want to stick with this so I don't want to fall into the same traps as before.

Honestly for a 20 min workout, it's actually really good! I do it on some of my cross training days when im not running and if I haven't done it in a while, I definitely feel it the next day. I also like the shape magazine DVDs (transforming and redefining) - they r only 30 min but some are similar because they combine intervals of cardio and strength so you get a decent bang for your buck(ie time). I've not done the actual 30-day shred program so I can't speak to that. It's nice that there are 3 levels to Jillian's DVD so u can progress or even combine for a longer workout.

StayCool said:

I love the yoga one! It is not traditional yoga, as you can imagine from Jillian, but it is awesome. The ab one made me feel like I was going to die, or throw up, or both!

I probably will feel like I'm going to die just doing the warm up. lol But I have to start somewhere. We are going to take my hubby's chair out of the living room and put a treadmill in it's place also. Not an ideal situation, but will have to do for now. Then I can pretend I'm at the gym and watch tv while I workout. lol

pwdebbie said:
Starting a new thread since we are now at 250 pages on the old thread. Here is the first post from the previous thread.

"Hi there! This thread is intended for people who are following Weight Watchers, but everyone is welcome. Many times I have come home from a meeting itching to "talk" to someone else about what was said in the meeting or maybe share tips or my leader's recipe of the day. I thought it could be a place to hang out, discuss the meeting topic of the week, share recipes and goals and what ever else comes to mind."

This is a continuation of this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2690382

The first thread can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2405181

Hey everyone! Been on WW for the past 4 weeks, but have been sick for the last 2(bummer)! Hoping to join the group!

Hello people! I had a WW make it work moment today. I was rushing to get lunch during or break at Destination D today, so I went to La Brea. I chose a chicken Caesar salad, because there was a chicken breast on it. Salad dressing options were limited, but I asked for balsamic vinegarette, thinking I could just dip my fork in it. Well... It was full of oil and not very good. Desperatel looking around for an idea of something else to use, I saw mustard on the table. I put mustard on my salad! It wasn't ideal, but it was fine in a pinch. Just a survival tip for a 0 points salad topping if you need one!

On a side note, I would highly recommend the kids' meal with salmon at Tangaroa Terrace. I had that and a small side salad for dinner. Plenty of food!

ETA: Welcome luvmygrljb! This is a great group. Let us know if you need any help!

Whoa, mustard on a salad is hardcore! WTG!

I was up last week and hoping to be down again tomorrow at my weigh in. My goal is the TOT 10 miler in 2013. Gotta have a goal/reward! I am afraid to start running until I get a bit more weight off. Especially at 45 the risk of injury is too high, especially since I have back issues.

Hello people! I had a WW make it work moment today. I was rushing to get lunch during or break at Destination D today, so I went to La Brea. I chose a chicken Caesar salad, because there was a chicken breast on it. Salad dressing options were limited, but I asked for balsamic vinegarette, thinking I could just dip my fork in it. Well... It was full of oil and not very good. Desperatel looking around for an idea of something else to use, I saw mustard on the table. I put mustard on my salad! It wasn't ideal, but it was fine in a pinch. Just a survival tip for a 0 points salad topping if you need one!

On a side note, I would highly recommend the kids' meal with salmon at Tangaroa Terrace. I had that and a small side salad for dinner. Plenty of food!

ETA: Welcome luvmygrljb! This is a great group. Let us know if you need any help!

At least you didn't go back and get a salad dressing that was full of points! Hope you are having fun at Destination D! It sounds like I am missing a good one from some of my friend's Tweets and Facebook postings.

Mustand -- now that is innovative! I know someone that opts for salsa on their salad. Another 0 points choice that many restaurants have but don't offer with salads.

I forgot to post my results for the week. Down another 2.6 pounds. This surprised me since it was my birthday and I did eat cake for a couple of days and had pie on the third, but I used my points. At least I am tracking right now!

My goal is the TOT 10 miler in 2013. Gotta have a goal/reward! I am afraid to start running until I get a bit more weight off. Especially at 45 the risk of injury is too high, especially since I have back issues.

I only did the elliptical for a few months, until I'd lost enough that I felt comfortable doing some jogging. I didn't want to hurt my knees!

I started a "couch to 5K" program from coolrunnings dot com, and am LOVING it. This coming week is Week 6. I've taken it slow, repeating Week 4 when I felt my lungs couldn't handle Week 5 yet, then took a break, then redid one day from each of the first 4 weeks. Didn't want to hurt myself. And it has been really really great. So when you're ready to start something more than walking, I really recommend one of those programs! On Friday when I finished my Week 5 run, I felt like an Olympic runner, it felt SO good to be doing it. The last 5 minutes I sped up, I had my knees higher, I was smiling...I probably looked like a fool on the treadmill, but didn't care even a little bit. I missed running!

Sat's weigh-in = down .8! Then we had DH's company picnic, where I realized that what I used to feel was normal was just a ton of points! 2/3 of a veggie burger with a packet of mayo, some fries, some fruit, a little salad, about 3/4 of a cupcake...not only did I feel utterly ILL after eating that in the hot sun, but it was a TON of points! In the past I would have eaten all of the veggie burger and ALL of the fries, as well. Plus some corn. OK so I did have a beer once I stopped feeling sick from the food, which added even more points. It was a painful points day. Glad it was at the beginning of the week so I had my Weeklies, and I'm VERY glad I'll be working out M-F to get some activity points so I don't have to stick just with my 26!

We've decided that next year for the picnic we'll just eat before or after, because the food's not THAT good, and it's always broiling hot so the food makes us ill, too. We'll play games, take part in activities, I'll have a beer, we'll be part of the whole event, not just the food part of it then the groaning after the food. :) It's good to have a plan!

Thanks Stephanie. Did you start doing 10 sec running / 50 sec walking? What training are you using and are you going to do a 5k or 10k prior?

I did my own training but yes, I would run 20 sec and then walk 3 mins and just build up. I had started walking May '11 (20-30 mins a day) and by Jan '12 I started to run, I was really out of shape. But 44.2 lbs later I love to run!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter