Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Hi all,

New to this thread. I've been a WW member for years. Technically I think I'm considered a lifetime member,though I do everything using their online tools. For a couple of years I was hovering at about 15-20 pounds over my goal without doing much about it. I have been exercising regularly for years and staying "on plan" sporadically. Last fall I directed a stage play ("Hairspray") which took a lot out if me and I stopped working out. When I started working out again I immediately injured myself and stopped working out again. At the same time I went totally "off plan". I ended up at 42 pounds over my goal. Then about 8 weeks ago I went back on plan and decided to start training for the WDW half marathon (I have posted stuff about this). Except for a break when my family went to Europe I've stayed with the plan. As of now I am 10.4 pounds lighter than my highest point 4 weeks ago after getting back from Europe. I am a huge beleiver in WW and I think it's a great program. And I think it's a great option for men, especially using the online tools.

John T - HootDad - Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

HootDad - Welcome.

I too am training for the WDW half marathon. I am hoping to be down 30 of the 80 that I want to lose before the race. I am not going to run the whole marathon, but do a nice walk/run combo. I am hoping I can finish it and I do not get swept up!

Aburns8 said:
HootDad - Welcome.

I too am training for the WDW half marathon. I am hoping to be down 30 of the 80 that I want to lose before the race. I am not going to run the whole marathon, but do a nice walk/run combo. I am hoping I can finish it and I do not get swept up!

I am following Jeff Galloway's training program and may do run/walk at the race as well depending on temperature, how I feel etc. Good luck to you with both of your goals!

John T - HootDad - Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

lovesmurfs said:
Hi! Subscribing. My DS18 and I just started meetings this past Saturday. I've got a whole person to lose, and my son needs to lose so that he can join the military (he hopes to enlist next May or June).

This is my third or fourth time -- each time, I lose about 50, then gain it back and then some.

Thanks, all!! :wave2:

This will be the last time. You will do it!

Well, I am on my way to DL! Do y'all track when you are in the parks?

ETA: lovesmurfs, this is try number 3 for me. If I can do it, anyone can!

This will be the last time. You will do it!

ETA: lovesmurfs, this is try number 3 for me. If I can do it, anyone can!

Thanks. Looking forward to the journey. It's the first time I'm doing it with someone I know, so there's an additional level of accountability.

lovesmurfs said:
Thanks. Looking forward to the journey. It's the first time I'm doing it with someone I know, so there's an additional level of accountability.

Accountability helps! We're here for you too!

This thread is kind of like my "meeting". It keeps me motivated. Doing it with my husband gives me a level of accountability. Sometimes it makes it harder too because when one of us slides we try to convince the other one it's ok too! Lol.

This is my third time as well. My goal is to just stick with it past Christmas for now. Then I will make myself stick with it past that because it's working. Just a mental game to keep moving. :)

Boy, I got a shock tonight. Those WW ladies added up my gain over vacation wrong! Instead of gaining 1.6 lbs....it was really 2.6 lbs. I did lose this week but I still have .8 until I will be back to my pre-weight before vacation. O well, I enjoy my routine on WW and have no problem knowing that I can lose it!

This past Friday I increased my running time by 15 mins. So in 1 hr 15 mins I'm covering 5.5 miles!

Just keep thinking positive, you will feel better about everything!

-Stephanie

Boy, I got a shock tonight. Those WW ladies added up my gain over vacation wrong! Instead of gaining 1.6 lbs....it was really 2.6 lbs. I did lose this week but I still have .8 until I will be back to my pre-weight before vacation. O well, I enjoy my routine on WW and have no problem knowing that I can lose it!

This past Friday I increased my running time by 15 mins. So in 1 hr 15 mins I'm covering 5.5 miles!

Just keep thinking positive, you will feel better about everything!

-Stephanie

That has happened to me and I hate when things get added wrong. Good job on the running!

The most I can do is write things down and be aware of what I'm eating. And budget for fruit and water. :) I don't think it would work *for me* to figure out the points for a croissant, a non fat latte (OK that one's easy), a veggie burger, etc etc.

When we were in the parks the other week on our impromptu trip, I did wear my heart rate monitor (I think I mentioned that here at least once) and discovered that 5.5 hours burned something like 1184 calories on a given day! We were 1.5 miles from the parks, and we walked it all but one evening, so that definitely helped, LOL.

Looking here, it seems the NI of 1/2 cup of that dole product gives: 0 fat, 18 carb, 0 fiber, 0 protein.

Now I think they are hideous in taste, and the ingredients mean my husband and son can't have them, but that amount of points isn't horrible. I prefer to share a glass of actual pineapple juice, though! :)

That's sort of what I did today. I did look up a few things so that I had a general idea of points, but I probably won't do that every day. I don't love Dole Whips as much as some, but it was definitely a nice alternative to ice cream in the heat today!

I found a "make it at home" Dole Whip recipe, but it included heavy whipping cream, which would increase the pts value. I know the official DW is dairy free. Either way - a Dole Whip sounds so good right now!

I have gone over my daily points for several days in a row, and I'm worried I won't keep losing! It's less than 5 points a day, and I continue to add activity points, but still...I'm trying to figure out how to deal with emotional eating, or eating from boredom. One of my strategies is to make a meal/activity plan; another is to quit worrying about it so much! :). Seems like a lot of this is very much a mental, "mind over matter" thing.

Keep up the good work everybody!

I weighed in tonight after work and was down 2.6#, for a total of 22. Only 1 more pound to meet my 10%. I have been staying on program really easily when at home and on the occasional dinner out, but I am worried a bit about this weekend. I am going to the Catskills with my parents, sisters, and all of our husbands, plus my nephews and nieces. We do this trip every year, and there is a lot of eating and drinking. I want to make good choices and watch my portions, plus enjoy a few drinks, so I hope I can find the right balance. I do plan to track what I am eating and drinking. I am hoping that if I can earn a bunch of activity points, I'll be ok. A few hikes in the woods should burn some extra calories.

Though I haven't posted much, I love reading this thread and seeing all the support!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter