Weight Watchers Chat - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone
back from WI and I am down 2.6 since my weigh in last Saturday!:goodvibes (I have to WI for work also and the deadline was last Saturday, so I weighed while at work last Saturday) I am only up 1 lb now from before I went on my feedy frenzy.

This just further proves that my home scale is evil...last Sat I weighed at home right before I left for work, then at work and the difference between the 2 scales was only .2. Today I weighed at home then at my meeting and the difference between the 2 scales was 1.8 lbs :confused3 I am going to take the battery out of it and stop using it from now on! Dh uses it to weigh his luggage when he travels, otherwise I'd just throw it out:laughing:

I am really hoping to get back to my comfort zone before we head to Disney in May. We are not on the dining plan, however I expect to have some sort of gain that week so I want to be at a comfortable weight so the gain doesn't throw me too far off course.

Hope everyone has a good week!

So, you all know I ate everything that wasn't nailed down over last weekend and then there was my birthday dinner on Tuesday (which we NEVER go out to eat during the week). I am actually down .2. So, with that said I will take it cause in all honesty it should have been way worse.

:woohoo: way to go!!

Last night I made the arroz con pollo from skinnytaste.com

It was AMAZING!! I'm cuban and it's hard for me to like any arroz con pollo dish that's not my moms. But this one is so yummy. I can't believe it's only 8pts per serving. I did use a small can of tomato sauce and used chicken stock instead of water, this only added 3pts to the whole recipe (67pts for the whole pot, which is about 8.5 per serving) so just to be safe I made it 9pts per serving.

Tomorrow I'm making the chicken sausage pasta, but i'm substituting spinach for escarole because my Publix didn't have it when I went yesterday.

Chicken Cheesy Casserole

3 boned and skinned chicken breasts -- cut up
10 3/4 ounces healthy request cream of mushroom -- 1 can
10 3/4 ounces healthy request cream of celery -- 1 can
1 cup lowfat cheddar cheese
8 ounces noodles -- 1 package creamette
1 cup skim milk

Place noodles on the bottom of a casserole dish. Place chicken on top. Mix the 2 soups together with the milk and pour over the chicken and noodles and top with cheese. Bake for 25-30 min at 350ºF.
Add veggies to this like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc, and maybe add a bit of water to compensate for the added bulk

Question about the recipe you posted DVCBelle -

Do you just put the noodles on the bottom of the casserole dish uncooked? Or do you cook them first? Same question about the chicken? Just put in on the noodles uncooked?

As you can tell, I need step-by-step directions! I'm very cooking ability challenged! :laughing:

I think it sounds great and something the whole family would love, so I want to try it soon!!

Yay for a new thread! Thanks for the well wishes for my daughter - once we got her settled and on pain meds, she was golden. Her twin and her older brother were a mess though, they did *not* do well with the accident and then the ambulance taking mom and sister away. But, everyone is on the mend, and I'm hoping to have a way less exciting life for a bit.

I have awesome news to share! My DH, while a good, good, man, is super duper cheap. It was a struggle to get him to understand that we did indeed have the money for me to join WW, and joining our local gym was out of the question. There was simply no way he would agree to it, when I have access to exercise videos and can walk/run outside. I found out yesterday, that one of my very best friends convinced him to barter with her - she needed a drain field modification (hubby is a Soil Scientist) and she offered to pay my initiation fees and six months at the gym in exchange for his work - AND HE AGREED! So, last night I did 25 laps in the pool with my friend, and I'm going to a Zumba class today! Very excited about this!

Hope everyone has a gread day - I'm excited about the new thread!

glad your DD is ok! Enjoy your gym time...you deserve it so I'm glad you found a way to make it work!

I'm here! Thank you so much for all the support. I know in my head we all have bad weeks, but it's easy to feel like you're the only one! And I hope everyone will continue to post their successes, too, because it helps to see that while I'm having a bad week, someone is having a good one!

Tonight we have an Open House at ds's school, which means we have to go right from work to be in his homeroom at 6pm. It's over at 8, so we won't get home until about 9. I plan to have dinner after I get home, but I know I'll get hungry. I packed a banana and a lemon mousse pie bar to eat in the car, so hopefully that will get me through.

My eating plan for the day:

Breakfast -- fresh pineapple 0, WW yogurt 2, banana nut muffin 3
Lunch -- turkey medallions w/cranberry dinner 5, Colby cheezits 3, cucumbers 0, peppers 0, baby carrots 0, fresh dates 0
Snacks -- Orange 0, grapes 0, apple 0, Babybel Light 1, banana 0, WW lemon mousse pie bar 2
Dinner -- garlic chicken eggrolls dinner 9, ice cream treat 3

Total: 28

I will eat the snacks as I want them, and I like having a spare point in case I end up having a little chocolate treat. I may not eat all the fruit/veggies, but I brought it all with me so I have the option. I don't want to be so hungry I end up eating something that will blow my points for the day.

Maria :upsidedow

sounds like a good plan!

My plan is to leave my office at noon tomorrow and then our flight takes off at 3:30. I've been coming into the office by about 6:30 every day this week, then leaving at 6:30 or so, and it's really draining me. I have a Public Hearing in a couple of hours (so why am I posting here?) and two other big projects that will be wrapped up today. Of course people "had" to see me tomorrow, so hopefully when I kick them out of my office at noon, life will be in vacation mode quickly. Getting there . . .

have an awesome trip!!
yay for the new thread... i know i just joined in last week but i'm so glad i did :)

so i must confess that i did take 1 bite of a donut yesterday... and it was disgusting! blech! and i threw out what ever was left over...

I made Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili last night from skinny taste... it was so yummy!!! we will def be having this again! 5pp per serving!

Twingle... that is great!! Have fun!
We have a Y membership but we don't use it nearly as much as we should... with 3 kids in baseball and softball... plays and singing lessons and gymnastics... it's so hard to find time for myself...

Good luck to all the weigh ins coming up... mine's tomorrow morning. Hoping to undo some of my binging that happened last week and get back to my original first 5 pounds... this week has been my best tracking week yet!

yay for throwing the donut away! That's awesome! good luck tomorrow!

Hey everyone :)

DBF made a corned beef last night...used 7 of my WP. Boo! I'm trying to not use them all up this week because I want to see the scale show me the 170's at my next WI! Less than 1.5lbs for that to happen so I'm hoping I can do it!

My new favorite snack that I've been making lately if anyone is interested is roasted/broiled sugar snap peas.

I just buy the frozen ones at the store, steam them in the microwave, then put them in a dish sprayed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and put them in the broiler so they get a little crunchy. I even topped them with a little bit of fat free mozzarella which got nice and bubbly under the broiler. Yum! Only like 1-2pp with the oil and cheese.

sounds delicious! You can get to 170's this week!!!:cheer2:

Chicken Cheesy Casserole

3 boned and skinned chicken breasts -- cut up
10 3/4 ounces healthy request cream of mushroom -- 1 can
10 3/4 ounces healthy request cream of celery -- 1 can
1 cup lowfat cheddar cheese
8 ounces noodles -- 1 package creamette
1 cup skim milk

Place noodles on the bottom of a casserole dish. Place chicken on top. Mix the 2 soups together with the milk and pour over the chicken and noodles and top with cheese. Bake for 25-30 min at 350ºF.
Add veggies to this like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc, and maybe add a bit of water to compensate for the added bulk

Do you just put the noodles on the bottom of the casserole dish uncooked? Or do you cook them first? Same question about the chicken? Just put in on the noodles uncooked?

As you can tell, I need step-by-step directions! I'm very cooking ability challenged! :laughing:

I think it sounds great and something the whole family would love, so I want to try it soon!!
Is creamette a regular pasta or an egg noodle type pasta? 8oz is a whole package? usually a whole package is a pound of pasta.

My sister (who is also on WW) got roped into hosting an Arbonne party last night. She was putting out a bunch of "finger foods" and asked if I would make some sort of hot dip. I had two goals with the dip - keep in low in points, and make it with things I already had at home. I wound up with a yummy recipe. :)

I cooked one large box of frozen creamed spinach (8 points), chopped in a can of artichoke hearts (0 points), mixed in 1/4 cup each of fat free sour cream and fat free ricotta cheese (1 point each). Topped it with a little part skim mozzarella cheese (2 points) and stuck it under the broiler until the mozz. was bubbly.

12 points for the whole thing (filled up a pan the size of a pie plate) and I put it on a platter with a box of the Special K whole grain crackers (3 points for 24).

Everybody liked it - there wasn't any left - nobody even knew that it was a "diet" dish. But it was nice to know that I could treat myself and still stay on program at the same time. :thumbsup2

My sister (who is also on WW) got roped into hosting an Arbonne party last night. She was putting out a bunch of "finger foods" and asked if I would make some sort of hot dip. I had two goals with the dip - keep in low in points, and make it with things I already had at home. I wound up with a yummy recipe. :)

I cooked one large box of frozen creamed spinach (8 points), chopped in a can of artichoke hearts (0 points), mixed in 1/4 cup each of fat free sour cream and fat free ricotta cheese (1 point each). Topped it with a little part skim mozzarella cheese (2 points) and stuck it under the broiler until the mozz. was bubbly.

12 points for the whole thing (filled up a pan the size of a pie plate) and I put it on a platter with a box of the Special K whole grain crackers (3 points for 24).

Everybody liked it - there wasn't any left - nobody even knew that it was a "diet" dish. But it was nice to know that I could treat myself and still stay on program at the same time. :thumbsup2

this sounds really good...I love spinach and artichoke dip but the points are just soooo high that I rarely eat it anymore. I think I'll try this soon:thumbsup2

Chicken Cheesy Casserole

I did not cook anything!! That is what made it so easy!! I made it in a 9x12 dish - but I would think it would work well in a round dish.

Is creamette a regular pasta or an egg noodle type pasta? 8oz is a whole package? usually a whole package is a pound of pasta.

I used the yolk-free noodle style broad pasta - store generic - it was in a 12 oz bag and I only used about 2/3 of the bag. It was a good amount of pasta! I didn't plan out how much to use - I just layered the bottom of the 9x12 dish and it worked out to the 8 oz. - I guess that is why they said that much!!! :thumbsup2

mackeysmom

Thank you for that recipe!!! I have been worried about what to take to girls night!! That will be perfect!!!!!

I wonder how it would be with regular spinach not creamed...that would lower the points by a lot!!

I did not cook anything!! That is what made it so easy!! I made it in a 9x12 dish - but I would think it would work well in a round dish.

Thanks for the clarification on the Cheesy Chicken! I figured you would have put cooked if needed, but it just sounded too easy! I'll have to try this soon! :banana:

hi everyone
back from WI and I am down 2.6 since my weigh in last Saturday!:goodvibes (I have to WI for work also and the deadline was last Saturday, so I weighed while at work last Saturday) I am only up 1 lb now from before I went on my feedy frenzy.

This just further proves that my home scale is evil...last Sat I weighed at home right before I left for work, then at work and the difference between the 2 scales was only .2. Today I weighed at home then at my meeting and the difference between the 2 scales was 1.8 lbs :confused3 I am going to take the battery out of it and stop using it from now on! Dh uses it to weigh his luggage when he travels, otherwise I'd just throw it out:laughing:

I am really hoping to get back to my comfort zone before we head to Disney in May. We are not on the dining plan, however I expect to have some sort of gain that week so I want to be at a comfortable weight so the gain doesn't throw me too far off course.

Hope everyone has a good week!

:cool1:Wayto go!!!

That sounds so good.

yay for the new thread... i know i just joined in last week but i'm so glad i did :)

so i must confess that i did take 1 bite of a donut yesterday... and it was disgusting! blech! and i threw out what ever was left over...

I made Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili last night from skinny taste... it was so yummy!!! we will def be having this again! 5pp per serving!

Good luck to all the weigh ins coming up... mine's tomorrow morning. Hoping to undo some of my binging that happened last week and get back to my original first 5 pounds... this week has been my best tracking week yet!

I just googled SkinnyTaste...WOW! What a great source for recipies! Thank you for posting about that site. I'm gonna try the Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili next week.

My plan is to leave my office at noon tomorrow and then our flight takes off at 3:30. I've been coming into the office by about 6:30 every day this week, then leaving at 6:30 or so, and it's really draining me. I have a Public Hearing in a couple of hours (so why am I posting here?) and two other big projects that will be wrapped up today. Of course people "had" to see me tomorrow, so hopefully when I kick them out of my office at noon, life will be in vacation mode quickly. Getting there . . .

Have a great vacation!

So, you all know I ate everything that wasn't nailed down over last weekend and then there was my birthday dinner on Tuesday (which we NEVER go out to eat during the week). I am actually down .2. So, with that said I will take it cause in all honesty it should have been way worse.

WTG! :thumbsup2 Any loss is a good loss

YUM! I have to be more creative with my recipies so I don't get stuck in a food rut and go off plan.

Weighed in this AM for WW and was down .8 :cool1: I'm sooo close to a new 'number family'!! That is my short term goal for the next two weeks...to get to that new 'number family'.

Not looking forward to this weekend. We are supposed to get a winter storm starting tonight. I don't do well when I'm off my schedule and stuck at home. I tend to graze all day.

Edit: forgot to say thanks for the new thread. I'm subbing today!

WI was this morning...down 2 lbs! woohoo. I am now "overweight" & no longer "obese". :rolleyes1 :)

OMG that sounds SO good! :dance3: I am going to have to make that sometime.

I think I am going to have to take back my post from earlier, lol...I have been having a huge craving for PIZZA for the last 6 days, thinking "I wish we could just order pizza tonight for dinner!" and decided that I am going to give into that craving today...after all WW says don't deprive yourself and I am starting to feel deprived because of lack of real pizza...I tried making some low pp pizza at home which was good but did not satisfy my craving.

Going to use up the rest of today's points and probably a lot of my WP that I have left too so that I can have my pizza tonight...I have to get this craving out of the way! It's driving me nuts. All I can think about is pizza, it's like I am being brainwashed by the pizza god!

Although I did do something good today at least! DBFs car is in the repair shop so I let him use mine today since I had the day off. I wanted to go to the tanning salon today, so instead of waiting for him to come home so I could drive there, I decided to walk! Took me about 45 minutes each way but at least I got some AP in there :D

mackeysmom

Thank you for that recipe!!! I have been worried about what to take to girls night!! That will be perfect!!!!!

I wonder how it would be with regular spinach not creamed...that would lower the points by a lot!!

I bet you could use regular spinach. I would maybe add a little fat free half and half or fat free cream cheese to make it a little more creamy.

My WI was Wednesday night I was down .8 lbs. I felt that I had lost more so I was very surprised. I just had a Debbie Downer feeling since then. I stay on my 29 daily points each day. I found out that I may not be eating enough because I don't use my weekly bonus points but only about 10. So I will try to do better, plus I don't get up move enough so I need to get active.

Here's my WW leader she is great! She has lost over 100 lbs.
http://www.mycarolinatoday.com/2011/03/weight-watchers-strive-for-five/

Well, I don't know how I did it this week because my tracking was lost this week but tonights weigh in has me down 2.2 lbs. for a total of 19.2 lbs. since 12/2/10! I really felt this was a bad week but I guess I made some smart choices after all. :)

My WI was Wednesday night I was down .8 lbs. I felt that I had lost more so I was very surprised. I just had a Debbie Downer feeling since then. I stay on my 29 daily points each day. I found out that I may not be eating enough because I don't use my weekly bonus points but only about 10. So I will try to do better, plus I don't get up move enough so I need to get active.

Keep up the great work!! Maybe it's some water weight in there! It's a new week...make sure you get all your daily points and don't worry if you use your weeklies too. Amazing how this plan works isn't it!

WI was this morning...down 2 lbs! woohoo. I am now "overweight" & no longer "obese". :rolleyes1 :)

:woohoo: Way to go

It's very easy to get that Debbie Downer feeling but .8 is great. As you probably have read sometimes the scale just is evil you do everything right you lose a little. You go off plan don't exercise (which I don't suggest ;)) and you lose 2lbs. Sometimes I don't get it either. But it's about more than the number it's about changes in thinking and behaviors. Also, make sure you take your measurements. Many of us when we have very slow weeks notice the inches coming off. :thumbsup2. Keep up the good work.

Well, I don't know how I did it this week because my tracking was lost this week but tonights weigh in has me down 2.2 lbs. for a total of 19.2 lbs. since 12/2/10! I really felt this was a bad week but I guess I made some smart choices after all. :)

Great Job, Your total of 19.2lbs in 17 weeks it great that is over a lb. per week. So you are right on target :thumbsup2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter