Weight loss again!

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
OK, so I'm looking for a weight loss aid. I am currently on various medications that make me hungry, retain fat and bulge out all in one go :( They also make me VERY hungry.

So. I need every weapon in my armoury to combat this.

Has anyone taken one of these weight loss aids? I recognise they won't make me skinny, but perhaps they might help? They are stocked by a reputable pharmacy.

https://www.boots.com/wellness/weightloss/diet-weight-slimming-aids

I'd be careful with OTC meds if you're already taking prescriptions. Be sure to talk to your pharmacist about any possible interactions. Have you asked your doctor already? I recently heard from mine that Ozempic injectable can produce desirable weight loss in patients with blood-sugar issues. Maybe it would be right for you?

I also suggest discussing it with your doctor first. It’s not worth the risk of messing up the effectiveness of meds you need just to lose a few pounds.

I know someone personally who got their meds messed up in an effort to lose weight caused by the meds, and last I heard, they still didn’t have their health balanced like they used to and it’s been a long time now. All because they thought they would have a more active social life if they lost 20 pounds . . .

I know this will sound boring, but for most people filling up on low calorie veggies when hunger hits can help. The fiber will keep you full longer, and you can eat a lot of them without worrying about gaining. Have them already prepared for snacking so you can just grab them when your stomach growls. Good luck on your quest to lose the weight. It’s not easy.

Well having placed an order at the time of posting this (and being unable to cancel it) my pills have arrived.

I CAN return them for the money.

But now I have them, should I at least give them a go, for a couple of weeks? What does Dr. DIS think?

A final note... I've done more research and whilst these pills DO work, they can have nasty side effects. I'll be returning the pills tomorrow (haven't taken even one yet). I guess I'll have to resort back on healthy eating and exercise!

I found this interview bit for you. I lost my COVID lockdown weight. I really think it's a mental health issue.

Of course everything starts in our mind. This is the hardest part, to make your mind understand that you need to lose weight and you don't really need all those food it craves. When I was trying to lose weight, I always wanted something spicy. Then I've found the https://betterme.world/articles/why-am-i-craving-spicy-food/ article and understood what was the reason. Everything was just in my mind. Now, I'm trying to think twice before I eat something unhealthy.

Last edited:
Anecdotal, what's been helping me after my doc told me last year I was edging higher with blood sugar but not pre-diabetic yet. The COVID lockdown and super easy food delivery really put me behind!

I used to drink regular soda, semi-sweet iced tea and diet sodas sometimes and would have lots of cravings.

I knew this but just knowing something isn't the same as making changes...also, I underestimated HOW much cravings were being caused by sugars/carbs.

So I switched to unsweet iced tea with truvia (stevia) packets which taste just as good to me, switched to diet sodas temporarily to get myself off of regular sodas, then from there switched to flavored sparkling water....some brands like "Sparkling ice" even have a caffeine one if you need some help waking up.

Cutting out a lot of sugars and carbs (but not all) can take 5 days to 2 weeks to really get over...that's the rough part, but once you get past that, cravings really go away

I also get protein shakes with low carbs, protein power chocolate shake tastes good and I don't crave regular chocolate milk or milkshakes

I also take fiber supplement (gummies in my case) which helps keep me feeling full.

I lost about 25 pounds doing that (from 280 to 255) and that was without even working out much and my health stats are all back to normal, no issues.

I am not a cook, but I do like things like sweet potatoes , it's recommended and relatively healthy. if I get take out, I'll aim for burrito bowl with lots of protein and brown rice or limit how much rice I eat.

I'm starting working out now too, especially doing kettlebell swings which, if you have any ability to do, can REALLY do wonders for fat loss from everything I've read. Walking is also very helpful.

I've lost 45 pounds since October. Here is what I did:

1. I got a Fitbit and I log all of the food that I eat and all of the exercise that I do.
  2. I drink at least 80 ounces of water per day. Yes, I have to get up at night to use the bathroom, but the results are worth it. Water also helps to fill your belly to keep you less hungry.
  3. I take Ozempic for weight loss. What this does is help to remove sugar through your urine, so it doesn't wind up as fat. I tried other weight loss drugs with my doctor, and this is the one that works. Some of them made me SO hungry.
  4. When you get hungry and know that you shouldn't have to eat yet, pinch the little protrusion of your ear, nearest to your face, above your earlobe. This is a pressure point that controls hunger. Apply pressure for 30 seconds and you'll find that your hunger will curb. (Picture below. I've circled what I mean.)
Definitely work with your doctor. Best of luck in your weight loss/control journey!

Attachments

• Ear.png
    Ear.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 1
  1. I take Ozempic for weight loss. What this does is help to remove sugar through your urine, so it doesn't wind up as fat. I tried other weight loss drugs with my doctor, and this is the one that works.
Actually surprised at this. I also take Ozempic but it's a long acting insulin for type II diabetes. I've never heard of it being prescribed for weight loss. (But I'm not a doctor). I do know it's very expensive. Live and learn something new every day I guess

Actually surprised at this. I also take Ozempic but it's a long acting insulin for type II diabetes. I've never heard of it being prescribed for weight loss. (But I'm not a doctor). I do know it's very expensive. Live and learn something new every day I guess
The doctor explained that it was originally for diabetes, but it was found to not tank your blood sugar and it helps with weight loss.

You're right, it is expensive, but it's been worth it, so far, for me.

My niece is a pharmacist and said that she wishes that she had money and not school loans so that she could invest in it.

Yes, anything mentioned here (unless someone here is a doctor of course) is IANAD: "I am not a doctor".

OK, so I'm looking for a weight loss aid. I am currently on various medications that make me hungry, retain fat and bulge out all in one go :( They also make me VERY hungry.

So. I need every weapon in my armoury to combat this.

Has anyone taken one of these weight loss aids? I recognise they won't make me skinny, but perhaps they might help? They are stocked by a reputable pharmacy.

https://www.boots.com/wellness/weightloss/diet-weight-slimming-aids
Did you end up losing any weight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!