Weber's at the World this Christmas!

...so I am late on getting around to posting this picture, but this is the one of Ainsley in the pumpkin patch that I use to try to claim we found her in the pumpkin patch.

Halloween2.jpg

So, I need to get back into my planning. I kind of hit a lull but then today I saw that we are actually getting really close! 71 days. So excited.

So thing I need to do:

*Plan how we will do MVMCP, do we do rides, cram in for the shows/characters, so much to think about...:idea:
*Place our order with Garden grocer, never used before but am totally excited about this:banana:!
*Plan all the in room gifts. This is something I am so excited about:dance3:. I have bought some things but I need to step it up, 71 days to go!
*And I am a big planner, I want to have my park day touring plans done:thumbsup2.

It is alot to do, I am back on board and in disney mode!:cheer2:

love the little white lies and the pumpkin patch pic- too darn cute!

plans for AK day look great! i can never decide if i should do EE FP first or Safari, but i think i will do the EE FP then ride safari. Primeval whirl is one of my favorites. it is pretty rough, really 'whips' you around. to the point you are crushing the person next to you. so it can be rough. i love it though- reminds me of a coaster our local zoo had when i was a kid!

love the little white lies and the pumpkin patch pic- too darn cute!

plans for AK day look great! i can never decide if i should do EE FP first or Safari, but i think i will do the EE FP then ride safari. Primeval whirl is one of my favorites. it is pretty rough, really 'whips' you around. to the point you are crushing the person next to you. so it can be rough. i love it though- reminds me of a coaster our local zoo had when i was a kid!

Yeah, the pumpkin patch thing is just so much fun!

Good to knwo about Primeval Whirl. I guess it's the whipping around that makes the height restrictions a bit more. I cannot wait to ride it, it's always so great trying something new each visit!

So I got a message from my DVC angel that Magical Express has been added to my reservation! WOW, so exciting, things are getting so close. My DVC angel also followed up to make sure I still did not want to add the dining plan (I think she is a big fan of the dining plan!). I was so glad to see how great she has been, so I thought I would write about the renting points experience thus far…

So it all began back in May with me day dreaming about going to Disney for Christmas and surfing the net to read all about Disney during Christmas. When I decide on something, I tend to obsess over it for awhile. So in the midst of my obsession I stumbled on a blog which discussed renting points from a DVC member. What? Seriously? I had never heard of such a thing. So a new obsession began, I had to learn more. My hurdle for going during Christmas was the cost, so this could potentially make Christmas at Disney possible. So I researched, I calculated, and I was pleased. Next up, convince the hubby. This I knew would be easy, he loves Disney, and I do the family finances, so if I say we have the money, he is good. So he agreed to try the point renting thing!

Now that I had him on board, it was time to try to secure a reservation. I found a message board and posted my dates and requirements hoping I would hear back from someone (it was another message board, I hadn’t yet discovered disboards at that time, there is a DVC section on here for those interested). I simply requested my dates (12/18-12-23 at the time) along with the fact that we wanted a Studio, we were flexible on resort. I had 3 people respond, 2 were going to have to get back with me, but one gave me her number to call. So here it was, I may get to rent points, this is unbelievable! I called her up. Her and I chatted about Disney and our kids. She was very friendly. My hubby and I had already done our research on resorts, we knew since we were about 7 months out we would have a hard time being picky on resorts, but we did provide her with our preferences. I also did mu due-diligence and checked out her background, rental history and such.

She called to check availability; we had to choose between Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. I admit, these had not been our top choices, but since we have never stayed at either we would be good. We like variety and trying new things. I tend towards being frugal, so was at first inclined to say OKW (slightly cheaper), but my hubby liked the look and feel of SSR better, so we choose that. Once our resort was chosen, it was back on the phone with my new DVC friend, and she called to book the ressie. Once booked I got a confirmation number and I paid my new DVC angel a $200 deposit via pay pal, the rest was due upon written confirmation from Disney.

So, honestly, at this point I was extremely nervous. What is she just steels my money?!?! What if I tell my sweet sweet DD we are going and then something happens, that is way worse then losing money ever could be. All the crazy thoughts did go through my head. BUT, I had taken all the recommended steps, and when I talked to DVC angel on the phone she talked to me about it all, and I felt comfortable. Plus, in my obsessive searching I found a site where I could check my reservation with my name, resort and reservation number. I checked my reservation daily for about the first month. And then I started doing weekly checks, which are now just periodic checks. But yes, no matter how comfortable you feel, if you are new to renting points and are anything like me, you are still nervous about it. I am a lot less nervous now then at the beginning, but I think I will be nervous until I am at Disney!

So, I did get the written Disney confirmation and made final payment. Again through pay pal. Then, as many of you know, a couple months later when I went to book our flight I realized it was super expensive to fly out of Houston on a Saturday, and it would be cheaper to fly in Friday and stay another night. YIKES, preferably I wanted to stay same resort just to make things easy, but wow, what a request to make so late in the game! But, had to try, worst case we would book something on our own. So, I call up DVC angel, and yay, I can add the night, no problem. I get confirmation, pay via pay pal, then book my flight and send her my flight infor for Magical Express (which it is too early to book at that time). Which brings us to now, got the e-mail that Magical Express is now added.

So, bottom line, I think nervous is part of the whole thing, on both ends. She must trust that I will be a good renter and I must trust that my reservation is sound. I can see how it is not for everyone, but it has been a good experience for me. I definitely think I got lucky that my DVC angel has been so easy to deal with, and I hope that I have not been a bother to her. I try to only respond with thank you’s and do not make too many requests beyond the basics. I am truly grateful to be going this Christmas!

Yeah, the pumpkin patch thing is just so much fun!

Good to knwo about Primeval Whirl. I guess it's the whipping around that makes the height restrictions a bit more. I cannot wait to ride it, it's always so great trying something new each visit!
yeah, it isn't too bad, but i do see why they have the restriction, it is one of my faves!

love the DVC rental experience! We are new to DVC (bought BLT in Feb). We don't plan to rent points anytime soon, but it is interesting to hear the experience. it is definitely scary and risky i guess on some level- especially these days- you never know who to trust, but talking to her on the phone probably helped. so glad you had a good experience- there are some really great people out there. ;):wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter