Weather in February?

HawkeyeFan

Earning My Ears
I am trying to shop for some new outfits for the kids and wondering what the temps usually are at the end of February? Will we be able to swim? We are from the midwest so 60's and 70's will feel pretty darn good. ;)

Thanks!

I am trying to shop for some new outfits for the kids and wondering what the temps usually are at the end of February? Will we be able to swim? We are from the midwest so 60's and 70's will feel pretty darn good. ;)

Thanks!

I think that's generally a tough time to tell. You're probably best off looking at Weather.com's 10 day forecast to get a good idea.

But, we went Feb 2011 and it was high 80's during the day and down to 60's at night (needed sweatshirts)...

Accuweather is showing an extended forecast for February. It is looking like upper 60's to about 75. We are going the beginning of the month and I am planning on doing shorts and Capri's. I will also bring pull over fleeces and comfy pants in case it gets cold at anytime. We are usually warm natured so I am thinking we will love these temps.

We were there Feb 29-March 6 last yr and the first part of the trip was HOT and humid - we were sweating like crazy. Then a "cold" front moved in and it was in the mid-70s and dry (perfect). Swimming is a definite in late Feb. in Orlando. We've gone in Jan. w/the same weather too.

We were there Feb 29-March 6 last yr and the first part of the trip was HOT and humid - we were sweating like crazy. Then a "cold" front moved in and it was in the mid-70s and dry (perfect). Swimming is a definite in late Feb. in Orlando. We've gone in Jan. w/the same weather too.

Oh this is music to my ears!! Can't wait!

The best anybody can give you right now is the averages for February, or what it was when they visited. Neither have any relationship to what it will be when you are there.

Is low 70s considered reasonable swimming weather? Don't know about Florida, but in NJ 70s to me is a bit too cold to be swimming.

We're going in 23 days, and I'm also packing shorts/capris with a light jacket - YES, I will pack a FEW things in case it gets cold - high 60's to mid 70's is perfect in my opinion!! and I can tell you that if it IS in the mid 70's the pools will prob. be full - they are also heated, so even if its colder, people will still be in them!! :)

We were there Feb 24 - Mar 1, 2012 and the weather was warm. We are from South Carolina and last winter was warmer than normal. We wore shorts and short sleeved shirts every day. Highs during the day were in the low 80s, with lows at night in the low 60s. It only rained one day when we were there, and that was a brief shower during the day that turned into a thunderstorm around dinner time. Normal temps are about 10 degrees cooler. This winter so far has been similar to last year. Temps are running about 5 - 10 degrees above normal most days.

My kids love to swim. They swam every day last Feb. The pool is heated, but if you go swimming in the morning it can be a bit cool when you first get out. I would definitely plan on being able to swim.

Have a great trip. Crowd levels should be low, and weather should be perfect.

We went in Feb 2008. It was low 70's on arrival day and sunny. It was a nice change from the frigid north. Temps continued to drop each day. Our last 3 days were freezing! It got down to 32 at night and took all day to get into the low 50's. I had packed layers, but I wish I had packed some light weight gloves and hats. No swimming for us! The plus was that the trees had their leaves and the flowers were in bloom- far prettier to look at than the snow and ice of PA. Have a great trip and pack your layers. Sweatshirts are expensive in Disney! :)

Is low 70s considered reasonable swimming weather? Don't know about Florida, but in NJ 70s to me is a bit too cold to be swimming.

I'm a born, raised in the south, pure bred Southerner who loathes cold weather. This grandma doesn't do cold. My husband and I took our then 3 y/o GS to WDW last Feb 4th-11th. I'm not sure what the temperature was, but it was warm enough we southerners wore shorts and swam every day. If it'd been cold, there is no way I'd have gotten anywhere near that pool.:rotfl::rotfl:

I told this story here on the DIS when I got back when someone asked about funny kids, but it fits here too: The night before we were due to fly back to Texas, my D-I-L called to tell me that it was cold here and to be sure and put the jeans my grandson wore down to Florida back on him and to please buy him a warm hoodie for the plane. Taking her advice I put long pants on me and him both, and made sure he had a cute WDW hoodie to put on just before we landed at DFW. My stubborn husband wore his shorts all day and then wore them home. When my son and D-I-L picked us up in Dallas that night at baggage claim, my grandson was happily chattering to them about how much fun he'd had and how he wanted to go back and not really paying attention to anything going on around him. Just as we got to the doors that lead outside to the parking garage, they opened, and a blast of cold air hit him. His chattering came to a sudden screeching halt, his eyes got huge, he opened his mouth to a perfect O, shuddered, and without saying a word, turned and literally ran back inside and toward the moving doors where you come out from the gates to baggage claim. He was running full speed and wouldn't stop, so we had to literally chase him down.:rotfl: When we caught him and asked what the heck he was doing, he very loudly yelled, "I'm getting back on that plane. I wanna go back to Disney World where it's warm and I can go swimming every day!". All the other travelers still in there heard him and died laughing at him. I reminded him we'd just been and he hadn't seen his parents for a week, and didn't he want to spend some time with them. He glanced at his parents, then without hesitation, he said, "I saw them, now I wanna go back to Disney World. It's too cold here! Take me back to Mickey Mouse now!".:rotfl:

We have gone twice in early Feb and we have wore jeans and sweatshirts or shorts and tanks, it is one of those times of year that one can never tell! We have gone in the pool both times, a little chilly for me but the kids didn't care! The last time, Feb 2011 it was so warm that I ended up washing our shorts and tshirts half way through the trip because that was all we were wearing to the parks during the day! We are from upstate NY so 70's is super nice in February!:goodvibes

We went last year at end Feb/beginning of March & had only 1 cool evening. It was our 1st night in the park & came in shorts & tees as it had been warm during the day, we were freezing, but survived. I think that was the only night we didn't swim. The rest of the weather was great! Wishing I was there now as we're from midwest too!:cool1:

aubriee, that's a great story. :goodvibes

We swam in the 60s and even 50s on our first trip. The concept of going to WDW/Universal for the first time, with those fun pools, and not going in was impossible for us! Well, DH managed to resist by the time we were at Universal and it was quite literally freezing in the mornings and evenings (the infamous December 2010 cold snap), but that meant he was able to help DS and me when we got out of the nice toasty pool and into the cold, cold air. :)

It's not even a question for us, of IF we will swim, basically. It's Florida, we're swimming, no matter what the temperature is. :)

We went in Febuary of 2005, and it was colder in Florida, then in Nebraska! Mornings were 40 degrees and a few days it didn't get past 50. We ended up buying a ton of thick hoodies from the parks and did alot of extra wash at the resort. (because we foolishly only bought one pair of jeans each!)

Still a great trip! We were just wearing the same few outfits in all the pictures. :rotfl:

We're also going this February. Does anyone know how cold it gets before they turn on the pool heaters?

We're also going this February. Does anyone know how cold it gets before they turn on the pool heaters?

The pools are always heated.

If you've ever been in a TRULY unheated pool, even in the heat of summer, you know that pools like that are heated. My brother lives in San Diego, and they keep the pool heated all year. He swims for exercise and keeps it lower, but bumps it up when we come (b/c we play instead of exercise). His wife won't even get into it until it's 90 degrees. Of course when it's that high he cannot exercise in it!

Hi! :wave2:

I was in the world last Feb. It would be pretty warm in the morning/afternoon. I guess like 60s or 70s. Once it became nighttime - it would start to get chilly. That did not stop us from still going into the pool! :goodvibes

You could wear ts and shorts during the day and will probably need sweatshirts for the night. When going to the world in the winter - you have to extra pack some stuff bc you never know what the weather might be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter