Wearing masks...

One of the biggest downsides I’ve seen to most homemade reusable masks sold are that they don’t utilize a pliable nose bridge.

Here in New Jersey you cannot enter a store without one on. I have not seen anyone try to enter a store without one. Also inside the store, people are pretty good to social distance. Maybe because it's so serious up here, people are taking it more serious.
Same here, you must wear a mask to enter stores. Last week when I was waiting on line to get into the grocery store (they are also limiting shoppers in most stores), two women behind me did not have masks and a store employee approached them to say that they would not be allowed to enter the store to shop if they did not have a mask on.

I see people with masks on while driving, I guess you get used to having them on while you’re out.

I agree that because we’re in a hot spot, most (though not everyone) is serious about not spreading the virus and good about distancing and wearing masks/gloves.

The ONLY reason I wear a mask and I just go to the hospital once a week is to protect myself from touching my face.

I wear mine because others will feel better if I have it on, not because I believe I will be any safer.

If I see people in the store and they even have just a bandanna on their face covering their mouth and nose, I will appreciate them for trying. I'm not going to fault people for not wearing 3-ply cloth masks with filtration systems.
The mask won’t make you safer, that’s a fact, but might make others safer if you are infected. Being in a hot spot, no one is protesting any of these measures, actually the opposite.

The mask won’t make you safer, that’s a fact, but might make others safer if you are infected. Being in a hot spot, no one is protesting any of these measures, actually the opposite.

I didn't say I was protesting these measures? I said I was wearing one.

Where are you getting your masks? I don’t have a sewing machine, so I can’t make one. I ordered a mask and a scarf, but everything is so backed up, who knows when they’ll get here. I just wish things like masks and disinfectants were actually available so we could use them.

Where are you getting your masks? I don’t have a sewing machine, so I can’t make one. I ordered a mask and a scarf, but everything is so backed up, who knows when they’ll get here. I just wish things like masks and disinfectants were actually available so we could use them.

I got mine off of Etsy. Lots on there.

Our area is distributing masks at fire stations and helping people understand the how tos. Very nice of them!

I do have a funny mask story.

Our first masks were the actual surgical masks. Micky wrote the letter A on the part inside that goes across my nose.
After a particularly warm shopping trip to Target, I took it off and walked home. When I got home, I realized I had purple ink all over my nose because my sweat made the ink run!
:rotfl:

One of the biggest downsides I’ve seen to most homemade reusable masks sold are that they don’t utilize a pliable nose bridge.
Wear them over an N95 mask. Rewash the outer mask and the N95 mask can be used over and over.

Here are some videos on how to make a mask at home.

First a no sew bandana mask:

Here's how to make a mask out of a t-shirt:

You can also add gauze in between the layers for added protection.

I see MAYBE 10% of the people wearing one when I'm out. I have to wear one at work when I'm not in my office which is like 5 minutes a day. Lol

That wasn’t directed at you, I probably should’ve put it on another line. I’m just commenting and how different places are right now, some areas folks aren’t wearing them, some places everyone is wearing them.

Got it. It's going to be required here starting May 1st, but most people are wearing some form of face covering in stores anyways.
I'm not concerned about people just breathing, but I'm happy to see at least something over their face/mouth in case they cough or sneeze. :)

But we are in our peak now which I just have to ask...isn't it just kind of silly that it's not actually required until May 1st? That's an entire week away!

Google Jennifer Maker Tshirt mask.... we made these with fabric and they work great. No sewing at all and no elastic bands to hurt your ears. Can use pillowcase or sheets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter