Wearing glasses on Tron

I rode it in Shanghai. They wanted me to take my glasses off, but I had them on adjustable keepers. Once I’d cinched them tight I was good to go.
I don’t have a strap - just how bad is the ride that I would even need one? When I haven’t ever used on on EE, Big Thunder, GoG, Test Track, etc..? Thanks !

I think in the case of Tron, you are NOT going to be asked to remove your eyeglasses prior to boarding the ride vehicle. There is a small, secure compartment that you can place glasses/phones/etc, in (am very thankful for this as my insulin pump PDM can fit in there). So there will be no stumbling around with poor vision loading/unloading--agree this is very dangerous. But as to the fact as to whether or not eyewear will be allowed, has anyone asked in the Tokyo DL forum?

I think you would need to take FULL responsibility if glasses fall off. Disney is not going to help locating glasses. Is it worth taking them off so you don't loss them and be 'blind'
the rest of the day/trip?
The above is not quite correct.
WDW is not responsible for lost articles, but they do collect lost articles. They won't stop the ride to look for anything that falls, but they regularly clear stuff that falls from rides, the monorail, and left behind while dining.

If something falls, you might not get it back, and it might be broken, but it is almost always worthwhile to check Lost and Found if you are able to go there. If something has your name/address on it, I was told they might also try to mail it, or at least they used to do that.

I was told items take about 24-48 hours to get to lost and found. Over the years we have gotten several items back!

I don’t have a strap - just how bad is the ride that I would even need one? When I haven’t ever used on on EE, Big Thunder, GoG, Test Track, etc..? Thanks !

I doubt it's that bad. However, some people wear their glasses very loose. I can look down and shake my head back and forth vigorously without mine falling off or even slipping down to the end of my nose. The only ride I worry about mine is RNRC, and it's only because I tend to hit the edge of them on the shoulder harness, which then pulls them off my face. I always wear a strap on it now. I bang my head a lot on RNRC, including the side of my face; that's why I only ride it once per trip.

As long as I can wear a strap, I'm fine. My biggest issue with Pony Express was that we didn't know we would need to do this. No signs anywhere or recordings. Didn't know until we were on the ride and buckled in. I guess we will just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

Yipes I def. understand the whole loose articles issue but this would be a safety hazard like big time. I'm like you with bad vision and while I do wear my contacts at theme and amusement parks I did forget to bring them to one of our two trips to DLR in 2019. Granted I didn't do IncrediCoaster but I did other attractions with my glasses. I can't really see without them and wouldn't feel safe trying to navigate getting in and out of a ride vehicle without being able to see. People get injured doing this without having bad vision!
Pony Express has a very open loading platform. It actually folds up between the cars. There are big gaps in areas while loading. I was pretty worried about falling or tripping. That's why I won't bother doing anything like that again. It was probably more unsafe than just letting me wear them :sad2:

Pony Express has a very open loading platform. It actually folds up between the cars. There are big gaps in areas while loading. I was pretty worried about falling or tripping. That's why I won't bother doing anything like that again. It was probably more unsafe than just letting me wear them :sad2:
I'd be a nervous wreck with big gaps like that, glad you made in/out though!

So from your list at DLR when I forgot my contact and wore my glasses I road BTMRR and RSR fine with my glasses. Also Matterhorn (trying to think of faster type rides). I agree with Soniam on glasses fitting. These glasses I'm wearing are actually a tad big for my face but they were custom fitted at the eye doctor so I know the ear piece is shaped well enough for my face along with the nose pieces. If I were to go upside down??? Hmm not sure I'd feel confident there without something more to secure my face BUT my caveat is I don't do upside down attractions lol.

I wore my glasses (with a strap) on Rip Ride Rock It at Universal without issues. Surely Tron is not more intense than that? Mine stay on just fine (with no strap) on Rock N roller Coaster too...

I doubt it's that bad. However, some people wear their glasses very loose. I can look down and shake my head back and forth vigorously without mine falling off or even slipping down to the end of my nose. The only ride I worry about mine is RNRC, and it's only because I tend to hit the edge of them on the shoulder harness, which then pulls them off my face. I always wear a strap on it now. I bang my head a lot on RNRC, including the side of my face; that's why I only ride it once per trip.

As long as I can wear a strap, I'm fine. My biggest issue with Pony Express was that we didn't know we would need to do this. No signs anywhere or recordings. Didn't know until we were on the ride and buckled in. I guess we will just have to wait and see and hope for the best.
Pony Express?

I don’t wear my glasses loose at all - the world is all blurry to me without them, so I wear them very securely. Wow, RNRC sounds brutal- a ride where you get pounded ? Ouch !

So from your list at DLR when I forgot my contact and wore my glasses I road BTMRR and RSR fine with my glasses. Also Matterhorn (trying to think of faster type rides). I agree with Soniam on glasses fitting. These glasses I'm wearing are actually a tad big for my face but they were custom fitted at the eye doctor so I know the ear piece is shaped well enough for my face along with the nose pieces. If I were to go upside down??? Hmm not sure I'd feel confident there without something more to secure my face BUT my caveat is I don't do upside down attractions lol.
😂😂

Either do I ! I think the G forces actually keep my glasses on my face...I used to think I needed to hold onto them, but I never have had to do that.

When I ride these types of attractions I wear a backup pair of glasses with my old prescription and with a strap. The glasses are only slightly worse than my current ones so I can still see well enough, and I don't risk losing my main ones.

I always carry a soft case with me when I am at a theme park. I also carry a strap to wrap around prescription glasses. I have to have somebody guild me back to the ride vehicle when they make me take off my glasses. I tend to walk into the side of the ride vehicle like a blind bat so glasses is a must for me.
- plus, i am short stature and it sometime hard for me to climb into a ride vehicle that has overhand restraint on roller coaster.

It’s the first ride Disney felt the need to install lockers for your loose articles, and doesn’t allow bags on, so I imagine it is more likely that you would need a strap on it than those rides.

When I ride these types of attractions I wear a backup pair of glasses with my old prescription and with a strap. The glasses are only slightly worse than my current ones so I can still see well enough, and I don't risk losing my main ones.
That’s a good idea ! I wont wear a strap, but my backups are the same prescription as my regular glasses....thank you!

It’s the first ride Disney felt the need to install lockers for your loose articles, and doesn’t allow bags on, so I imagine it is more likely that you would need a strap on it than those rides.
Geez, good point. It actually sounds like a ride I need to avoid then..along the lines of a more intense GoG.

Geez, good point. It actually sounds like a ride I need to avoid then..along the lines of a more intense GoG.
Well, I just watched the ride video for the first time and it doesn’t look overly intense to me, so maybe the bag and loose article policy are only because of the way the seats/bikes are. So, maybe not? I guess wait to hear what people are saying.

I just read this article right after reading this thread. It’s the one for the lockers but I find it interesting that he wears glasses. FWIW I have never taken my glasses off on any amusement park ride (and I love my thrill rides!) and never any problem. Then again mine are snug and I am legally blind without them. Sometimes, I carry a back up pair in my bag, but rarely honestly. Water slides I have had to give up once I could no longer wear contacts because even if it was safe to wear them I couldn’t see anyway due to the water on them!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...know-before-tron-lightcycle-run-opens-on-4-4/

Well, I just watched the ride video for the first time and it doesn’t look overly intense to me, so maybe the bag and loose article policy are only because of the way the seats/bikes are. So, maybe not? I guess wait to hear what people are saying.
Yes, that’s the only thing to do..i won’t be going until May, and we’ll have lots of reviews by then. No point in fretting now...

I just read this article right after reading this thread. It’s the one for the lockers but I find it interesting that he wears glasses. FWIW I have never taken my glasses off on any amusement park ride (and I love my thrill rides!) and never any problem. Then again mine are snug and I am legally blind without them. Sometimes, I carry a back up pair in my bag, but rarely honestly. Water slides I have had to give up once I could no longer wear contacts because even if it was safe to wear them I couldn’t see anyway due to the water on them!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...know-before-tron-lightcycle-run-opens-on-4-4/
Thanks for sharing !

The glasses were mentioned at the end as something of an afterthought, so hopefully they just meant that you can put them away if you want....the reporter didn’t mention that you absolutely aren’t allowed to ride with glasses.

The photo makes it seem as if there’s a strong wind pushing against you, I find it hard to believe it’s stronger than the one you experience at EE and TT

I'm guessing that the position of the body on the ride vehicle makes it easier to look down and change the air flow over the face and makes it easier for glasses to fly off and hit another person behind you? There's a reason why they ask you to empty pockets, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter