We Smelled It...It Had to be Eaten, Part II ... Ding, Dong, Done!!!

Couldn't agree more! Bluezoo is quite possibly the best restaurant on Disney property. But I've said before and I'll say again, AVOID THE DANCING FISH.

I've heard other people mention that too ... stay away from the Dancing Fish, but I'm not sure why. Care to expand?

On a non-food review note, I dig the way you write. You obviously know food, and people who know food tend to write stuffy reviews. But not you - you're a fun read, and if we ever get the chance, my wife and I would love to eat with you and your husband. Heck, we might even get drunk with you, which I usually hate doing.

Well thank you very much for the kind words. :flower3:

While I don't know food nearly as well as some folks around here, I do like to eat ... there's no doubt about that! And I agree with you ... many food experts take food waaaaaay too seriously. They need to lighten up if you ask me. :laughing:

And if you ever happen to be at WDW in October look for us - we're always happy to stop for a drink or snack with some fellow DIS-foodies!

Thanks for reading!!

First, I am intrigued about the "beware the dancing fish comment". Love to find out why. popcorn::

yes, inquiring minds want to know!

And boy, that last part is a compliment of the first order, I'd say! :rotfl2: I can attest to their fun quotient, but I did not get smashed in their presence. ;)

Fun quotient, eh? I wonder if it increases exponentially with each ounce of alcohol? :rotfl2:

Hey Lori... do you think we should just tell them to show up in October??? :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sure, why not. :cutie:

The more the merrier. :thumbsup2

Thursday, October 16th - Dinner, Dinner, Bo-Binner, Citricos Was a Winner!

Slowly but surely over the last few years Jay and I have made it our mission to try as many of Disney's signature restaurants as possible. By the time this trip rolled around there weren't too many signature establishments remaining that we were interested in ... Yachtsman (we're from the Midwest - Bovine is our second language); The Hollywood Brown Derby (mmmm, overpriced banality ... have your agent call ours when something original hits the menu); Citricos ... uh, how did we miss this one? No doubt it was a combination of my short-sightedness and Citricos' previously limited operating schedule because they used to be closed on Monday and Tuesday evenings.

Well, after reading some DIS-reviews from folks whose opinion I trust, I went ahead and booked an ADR for the last night of our trip. And since this dinner would take place the night before my birthday I went ahead and ordered a little sumpin' sumpin' from the Grand Floridian Bakery to help make it bit more festive. Past experiences with the bakery staff have given me a high level of confidence that when I place an order there is absolutely nothing to worry about ... note that I used the word past.

Jay and I took a couple of pictures of Citricos the day before when were at the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea. These were all taken before the restaurant opened for business:

Entrance
470.jpg

The bar – not very big or very private, but they make a mean drink!
471.jpg

Front seating area ...
472.jpg

Citricos was much larger than we thought it would be based on our quick survey. The restaurant extends the length of the hotel's second floor and also has a "show kitchen" along with a small, private dining room for guests who book the Chef's Domaine. Decorated in warm tones of brown and yellow with lots of wrought iron, the ambience was lovely – very relaxed and casually elegant.

A few more pictures once the restaurant came alive for dinner:

Intermission at the show kitchen...
561.jpg

Just what the DDP ordered: a full dining room!
562.jpg

There is a little round kiosk outside of the restaurant where guests check in for their ADRs. It's actually located directly across from the front entrance to Victoria & Albert's, so while we were waiting for our table we had the chance to gawk at a handful of very elegantly dressed couples arriving for their five-star dining experience. They all looked so nice and flowery!

While we were checking in I was sure to mention that we’d ordered something from the GF Bakery a few weeks earlier – I’ve always wanted the white chocolate Mickey with the tuxedo strawberries and thought that would be a nice end to the meal as well as a special birthday treat. Since that's an item that's only listed on the resort amenities menu I wasn't sure when I requested it if they would actually allow me to order it for delivery to Citricos. The CM I spoke with in the bakery was super helpful on the phone, even going so far as to tell me that she'd have it delivered with a special box so that Mickey could safely travel home with us. Since the order I'd placed with her for our afternoon tea had arrived with no trouble, I had no reason to suspect that this order would be bunged up.

But bunged it was.

So bunged in fact, that there was no record of it anywhere, even when I produced the normally fail-safe confirmation number provided me three weeks earlier.

Kudos to boo-dos ... Consuela you ruiner; you nearly ruined everything, you ruiner you! No one could find anything about a special order but the manager stepped in as the evening progressed and she really delivered, providing us with a sweet ending to a terrific meal and guaranteeing that we ended our time at WDW on a high note. More on that later ... I'm guessing by now you guys want to see some FOOD!

First, though, the requisite self portrait while we waited for our table …

Feed us!!!
557.jpg

I think our ADR was scheduled for around 6:30PM - a little earlier than we would usually eat dinner on vacation but our flight was leaving early the next morning and we were going to have to roll out of bed at the butt crack of stupid to arrive at the airport on time. We were surprised not only by the number of people who were already there but by the number of small children. I guess that's just the way it's going to be from here on out now that the dining plan has taken hold - there will be no such thing as a truly quiet meal at WDW unless you dine at V&A or a restaurant that doesn’t accept the plan. Thankfully the families we were seated near all had very well behaved children which we truly appreciated.

Our first goal of the evening once we were seated was to place an order for a tasty alcoholic beverage. Jay opted for a Pinot Noir while I chose Sangria. The serving team was quite good, although not as attentive as I thought they might be. It wasn't that they were neglectful, but they did vanish for lengthy stretches while our glasses remained empty, and if there's one thing we don't like it's our water glasses sitting empty.

Jay’s wine and my sangria
564.jpg

And then it was time for the food parade to begin. For my appetizer I ordered Saute'ed Shrimp: strascinati pasta, lemon, white wine, tomatoes, and feta cheese.

Look at the colors!
565.jpg

I knew a moment of concern when this was first placed before me because I wasn't expecting multi-colored pasta and I was worried that bizarre mushrooms or crazy legumes might have worked their way into my food. However, after a tentative bite I realized that I had nothing to fear and was able to relax and savor the rest. The serving size was very generous - I think it could easily be shared between two people - and there were a fair number of shrimpies and fat chunks of feta cheese hiding among the pasta. I really liked this dish, especially the combination of tangy, salty feta with the sharp, citrusy lemon.

Jay ordered the Gateau of Crab - lump crab, orange fennel cream, and tomato fennel slaw.

Crab lump!
566.jpg

This was outstanding but the one thing that surprised us both was that it was served chilled. It was very rich thanks to that combination of cream and crab and I personally was pleased that the kitchen used the fennel sparingly. If I could only order one of these items for my appetizer I think I'd stick with the shrimp - I love shrimp and feta served together over pasta and it was a lighter selection for all that the serving portion was so generous. But really, if you like seafood I don't think you could go wrong with either option.

And if that wasn't enough, Jay also ordered a dish of Cioppino Soup - Prince Edward mussels, orzo pasta, and savory saffron-tomato broth.

Shell-soup
567.jpg

I don't eat mussels so let me get a statement from the hubba; please stand by ...

And now, a message from our sponsors:

Crunchie-munchies are the best,
Look delicious on your vest;
Serve them to unwanted guests,
Stuff the mattress with the rest!

Thank you for standing by; we now return you to your irregularly scheduled review, already in progress.

Jay had this to say about the soup: It was good but nowhere near as good as the soup we we were served at the French Regional lunch at Bistro Paris. Fair enough, I suppose. I would only point out that we were served a bisque at Bistro while cioppino is more along the lines of fish stew (I think) so we're not really comparing apples to apples here.

For my entree I wanted to try something different and so ordered the Braised Boneless Black Angus Short Ribs - served with creamy polenta and blood orange demi-glace.

Where have you been all my life?
568.jpg

I'd read reviews of this dish but had no idea just how good it was going to be until I dived into it. The rib meat was juicy and flavorful and so tender that I barely needed to chew. And the polenta ... oh, it took me back to the first time I tried goat cheese polenta at CA Grill and subsequently fell in love with cornmeal. This polenta was a dream - thick and creamy and not a hint of grittiness - it provided a wonderful textural contrast with the meat and did a great job of soaking up that blood-orange glace. I don't know if Citricos has a "signature" dish, but if it doesn't then this should be given the place of honor on their menu because it was a revelation.

Jay took our server's advice and chose the Braised Veal Shank - served with carrot-potato pure'e, roasted vegetables, and toasted citrus gremolata.

Shank, rattle, and roll
570.jpg

Jay said that this was exceptional - moist and tender and alive with flavor. He also really liked the special little spoon that was provided for marrow scooping. People say the marrow is the best part of a dish like this but I can't quite bring myself to eat it. Jason, on the other hand, is very much a member of the "crack open their bones and feast on the warm goo inside" club.

Earlier in our meal Citricos' manager visited our table to discuss that special order bakery snafu. She was absolutely lovely, and while letting us know that the order couldn't be located promised to have the kitchen work up a surprise. And did they ever ... I actually liked this better than what I'd first requested when I called the bakery.

Birthday surprise!
575.jpg

Ain’t I cute?
573.jpg

I still received the Mickey statue (and he is solid white chocolate ... we still have him in the kitchen) and rather than a handful of chocolate covered strawberries we received a nice variety of tasty cookies which proved to be the perfect not-too-heavy dessert to end our meal. Jay told me that the kids in the restaurant were mesmerized by this dessert as it was carried through the dining room to our table, most likely because of the Mickey statue. Who wants cake when they can have six solid inches of white chocolate Mickey Mouse? :laughing:

I was truly delighted with the end result and took the opportunity to thank the manager for her assitance the next time we saw her - she was very hands on that evening, taking time to speak with as many guests as possible. Two thumbs up for Citricos' management staff because it would have been very easy for them to just tell us there was nothing they could do about our missing bakery order.

To finish off the night and to facilitate cookie dunking, Jay and I both ordered a cappuccino. But not any old cappuccino ... a Grand Cappuccino ... coffee with mystery boozes. And I say mystery boozes because neither one of us remember which two alcoholic beverages were mixed in with the coffee. But whatever they were, the combination made for a delicious caffeinated drink and cookie bathtub.

Grand indeed!
578.jpg

Wow.

Just wow.

Citricos proved to be yet another dining highlight on this trip; so much so, in fact, that once again we must give it our highest rating: Monstrous Fine! For those of you who may be on the fence about giving this restaurant a try, I'd strongly encourage you to get off the fence and make an ADR. It's definitely one of the best signature restaurants on property and is on the short list of signatures we feel are worth repeating when we return to WDW this fall.

I hope this was helpful and thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Great review of Citrico's Brenda. :thumbsup2

Whilel it all looked and sounded great I think I would have been happy with just the 3 appetizers. :goodvibes Your birthday dessert looked spectacular. Kudos to the manager for going out of her way to get a special dessert for you. And how yummy is it to finish up a great meal with a hot boozy drink and cookies. :yay:

Birthday surprise!
575.jpg

Do you think Mickey will bring me one of those on the cruise B when I gently remind them that Chuck and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary and the kid's 1st anniversaires??? I'm sure the verbiage can be changed a little, right? That looks amazing.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ain’t I cute?
573.jpg

You sure are!!!

To finish off the night and to facilitate cookie dunking, Jay and I both ordered a cappuccino. But not any old cappuccino ... a Grand Cappuccino ... coffee with mystery boozes. And I say mystery boozes because neither one of us remember which two alcoholic beverages were mixed in with the coffee. But whatever they were, the combination made for a delicious caffeinated drink and cookie bathtub.
Grand indeed!
578.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Now, that's one bathtub I'd really enjoy. :thumbsup2

Yum yum yum yummy yum! You and Jay ordered exactly the same entrees that Bob and I had last October too! Our opinion of Citricos was right up there as one of the top dining venues at WDW. We did not have a particularly good server; he seemed harried with only one other table and us! But the meal was spectacular and I will be very quick to return. I think I need to try the sangria, though. You are the second person to mention it and I don't think I saw past the wine list (and I also had a Pinot Noir that evening).

Thanks for another great review, Brenda!

For some reason the DIS liked my post so well it doubled it!:confused3

I am so excited to read this, can't wait to try it in October! So sorry about the bakery mishap but kudos to Citrico's manager for doing her best to make you happy.:thumbsup2

:lmao: It's a good thing. Crunk is sort of an overused hip-hop term, which is probably way out of date, and if I used it in front of my students, they would all roll their eyes at me. Etimologically speaking, it's a combination of the words crazy and drunk, which your dining reviews almost always are! :rotfl:

It's still used, but more in the context of "I was CRUNK last night!" Well...my husband has used it (in regards to other people), but come to think of it, he's 29, so I may be dating myself too! :rotfl2:

Thursday, October 16th - Dinner, Dinner, Bo-Binner, Citricos Was a Winner!

Slowly but surely over the last few years Jay and I have made it our mission to try as many of Disney's signature restaurants as possible. By the time this trip rolled around there weren't too many signature establishments remaining that we were interested in ... Yachtsman (we're from the Midwest - Bovine is our second language); The Hollywood Brown Derby (mmmm, overpriced banality ... have your agent call ours when something original hits the menu); Citricos ... uh, how did we miss this one? No doubt it was a combination of my short-sightedness and Citricos' previously limited operating schedule because they used to be closed on Monday and Tuesday evenings.

We are working on the same thing, hope to hit all of the signatures. Sounds like Citricos might move up on the list.

I went ahead and ordered a little sumpin' sumpin' from the Grand Floridian Bakery to help make it bit more festive. Past experiences with the bakery staff have given me a high level of confidence that when I place an order there is absolutely nothing to worry about ... note that I used the word past.

uh oh, I hear forboding music.....

Jay and I took a couple of pictures of Citricos the day before when were at the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea. These were all taken before the restaurant opened for business:

Entrance
470.jpg

The bar – not very big or very private, but they make a mean drink!
471.jpg

Front seating area ...
472.jpg

Citricos was much larger than we thought it would be based on our quick survey. The restaurant extends the length of the hotel's second floor and also has a "show kitchen" along with a small, private dining room for guests who book the Chef's Domaine. Decorated in warm tones of brown and yellow with lots of wrought iron, the ambience was lovely – very relaxed and casually elegant.

A few more pictures once the restaurant came alive for dinner:

Intermission at the show kitchen...
561.jpg

Just what the DDP ordered: a full dining room!
562.jpg

There is a little round kiosk outside of the restaurant where guests check in for their ADRs. It's actually located directly across from the front entrance to Victoria & Albert's, so while we were waiting for our table we had the chance to gawk at a handful of very elegantly dressed couples arriving for their five-star dining experience. They all looked so nice and flowery!

It looks better when it's alive, the early pics looked like you'd be eating in the hallway

While we were checking in I was sure to mention that we’d ordered something from the GF Bakery a few weeks earlier – I’ve always wanted the white chocolate Mickey with the tuxedo strawberries and thought that would be a nice end to the meal as well as a special birthday treat. Since that's an item that's only listed on the resort amenities menu I wasn't sure when I requested it if they would actually allow me to order it for delivery to Citricos. The CM I spoke with in the bakery was super helpful on the phone, even going so far as to tell me that she'd have it delivered with a special box so that Mickey could safely travel home with us. Since the order I'd placed with her for our afternoon tea had arrived with no trouble, I had no reason to suspect that this order would be bunged up.

But bunged it was.

So bunged in fact, that there was no record of it anywhere, even when I produced the normally fail-safe confirmation number provided me three weeks earlier.

Oh no!!!

... I'm guessing by now you guys want to see some FOOD!
Well duh!

First, though, the requisite self portrait while we waited for our table …

Feed us!!!
557.jpg
What a cute couple :love:

It wasn't that they were neglectful, but they did vanish for lengthy stretches while our glasses remained empty, and if there's one thing we don't like it's our water glasses sitting empty.
Major pet peeve of mine!

Jay’s wine and my sangria
564.jpg

And then it was time for the food parade to begin. For my appetizer I ordered Saute'ed Shrimp: strascinati pasta, lemon, white wine, tomatoes, and feta cheese.

Look at the colors!
565.jpg

I knew a moment of concern when this was first placed before me because I wasn't expecting multi-colored pasta and I was worried that bizarre mushrooms or crazy legumes might have worked their way into my food. However, after a tentative bite I realized that I had nothing to fear and was able to relax and savor the rest. The serving size was very generous - I think it could easily be shared between two people - and there were a fair number of shrimpies and fat chunks of feta cheese hiding among the pasta. I really liked this dish, especially the combination of tangy, salty feta with the sharp, citrusy lemon.

Jay ordered the Gateau of Crab - lump crab, orange fennel cream, and tomato fennel slaw.

Crab lump!
566.jpg

This was outstanding but the one thing that surprised us both was that it was served chilled. It was very rich thanks to that combination of cream and crab and I personally was pleased that the kitchen used the fennel sparingly. If I could only order one of these items for my appetizer I think I'd stick with the shrimp - I love shrimp and feta served together over pasta and it was a lighter selection for all that the serving portion was so generous. But really, if you like seafood I don't think you could go wrong with either option.

And if that wasn't enough, Jay also ordered a dish of Cioppino Soup - Prince Edward mussels, orzo pasta, and savory saffron-tomato broth.

Shell-soup
567.jpg

I don't eat mussels so let me get a statement from the hubba; please stand by ...

And now, a message from our sponsors:

Crunchie-munchies are the best,
Look delicious on your vest;
Serve them to unwanted guests,
Stuff the mattress with the rest!

Thank you for standing by; we now return you to your irregularly scheduled review, already in progress.

Jay had this to say about the soup: It was good but nowhere near as good as the soup we we were served at the French Regional lunch at Bistro Paris. Fair enough, I suppose. I would only point out that we were served a bisque at Bistro while cioppino is more along the lines of fish stew (I think) so we're not really comparing apples to apples here.

For my entree I wanted to try something different and so ordered the Braised Boneless Black Angus Short Ribs - served with creamy polenta and blood orange demi-glace.

Where have you been all my life?
568.jpg

I'd read reviews of this dish but had no idea just how good it was going to be until I dived into it. The rib meat was juicy and flavorful and so tender that I barely needed to chew. And the polenta ... oh, it took me back to the first time I tried goat cheese polenta at CA Grill and subsequently fell in love with cornmeal. This polenta was a dream - thick and creamy and not a hint of grittiness - it provided a wonderful textural contrast with the meat and did a great job of soaking up that blood-orange glace. I don't know if Citricos has a "signature" dish, but if it doesn't then this should be given the place of honor on their menu because it was a revelation.

Jay took our server's advice and chose the Braised Veal Shank - served with carrot-potato pure'e, roasted vegetables, and toasted citrus gremolata.

Shank, rattle, and roll
570.jpg

Jay said that this was exceptional - moist and tender and alive with flavor. He also really liked the special little spoon that was provided for marrow scooping. People say the marrow is the best part of a dish like this but I can't quite bring myself to eat it. Jason, on the other hand, is very much a member of the "crack open their bones and feast on the warm goo inside" club.
Ok, the marrow bit sounds a little gross, but everything else sounds really good!
BTW, the marscapone polenta at HBD is to die for good! Maybe they could serve it with something besides the salmon for you.

Earlier in our meal Citricos' manager visited our table to discuss that special order bakery snafu. She was absolutely lovely, and while letting us know that the order couldn't be located promised to have the kitchen work up a surprise. And did they ever ... I actually liked this better than what I'd first requested when I called the bakery.

Birthday surprise!
575.jpg

Ain’t I cute?
573.jpg

I still received the Mickey statue (and he is solid white chocolate ... we still have him in the kitchen) and rather than a handful of chocolate covered strawberries we received a nice variety of tasty cookies which proved to be the perfect not-too-heavy dessert to end our meal. Jay told me that the kids in the restaurant were mesmerized by this dessert as it was carried through the dining room to our table, most likely because of the Mickey statue. Who wants cake when they can have six solid inches of white chocolate Mickey Mouse? :laughing:

I was truly delighted with the end result and took the opportunity to thank the manager for her assitance the next time we saw her - she was very hands on that evening, taking time to speak with as many guests as possible. Two thumbs up for Citricos' management staff because it would have been very easy for them to just tell us there was nothing they could do about our missing bakery order.

Yes you are :goodvibes and what an awesome job they did! :cheer2:

Grand indeed!
578.jpg

Wow.

Just wow.

Of course you finish with the best! "cookie bathtub" :lmao::lmao: Love it, my favorite line of the night

Citricos proved to be yet another dining highlight on this trip; so much so, in fact, that once again we must give it our highest rating: Monstrous Fine! For those of you who may be on the fence about giving this restaurant a try, I'd strongly encourage you to get off the fence and make an ADR. It's definitely one of the best signature restaurants on property and is on the short list of signatures we feel are worth repeating when we return to WDW this fall.

I hope this was helpful and thanks for reading! :goodvibes

It was helpful :thumbsup2 and I thoroughly enjoyed reading along :goodvibes and I can't believe it's over :sad1:

Great review! I'm considering this for December, if I can find it in myself (or rather DH's self :rotfl:) to rationalize the price.

I'm so sad your reviews are coming to an end!!!

Your review of Citricos' was awesome. We just might have to try it on our next trip. The restaurant decor did look a lot like Disney Cruise Line though especially with the railing.

As usual, everything looks delicious! I think Citrico's is (or was) a hidden gem at Disney. Your dessert looks too cute. Your right...who doesn't love a solid chocolate Mickey? Heck, I would have been gawking at it too along with those kids. :goodvibes

Great review of Citrico's Brenda. :thumbsup2

While it all looked and sounded great I think I would have been happy with just the 3 appetizers. :goodvibes Your birthday dessert looked spectacular. Kudos to the manager for going out of her way to get a special dessert for you. And how yummy is it to finish up a great meal with a hot boozy drink and cookies. :yay:

Thanks Bridget - glad you enjoyed it! I know what you mean about stopping at the appetizers ... I think that sometimes too but we don't manage to do that very often. We always end up ordering what seems like one of everything!

And the manager was awesome - I couldn't believe that she pulled that off.

Do you think Mickey will bring me one of those on the cruise B when I gently remind them that Chuck and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary and the kid's 1st anniversaires??? I'm sure the verbiage can be changed a little, right? That looks amazing.:thumbsup2

Hiya Goose! I honestly don't know if these are available on DCL ... I suppose you could call and ask, but be sure to do so in advance so they have enough time to pull it together.

I hope they do ... it's really a fun feeling to be on the receiving end of solid chocolate Mickey! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: Now, that's one bathtub I'd really enjoy.

Who doesn't enjoy a cookie bathtub?

Yum yum yum yummy yum! You and Jay ordered exactly the same entrees that Bob and I had last October too! Our opinion of Citricos was right up there as one of the top dining venues at WDW. We did not have a particularly good server; he seemed harried with only one other table and us! But the meal was spectacular and I will be very quick to return. I think I need to try the sangria, though. You are the second person to mention it and I don't think I saw past the wine list (and I also had a Pinot Noir that evening).

Thanks for another great review, Brenda!

Hi Elin! We were so pleasantly surprised by Citricos and it was a great meal. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal there, too. Recent menus I've seen from the restaurant no longer list the short ribs ... I hope that's a mistake and not a permanent change. I can understand that WDW is trying to cut expenses but if they keep paring down their menu selections without adjusting the menu prices they're going to have a revolt on their hands. We sure don't want to see Disney Dining regress to the point it was at 15-20 years ago ... :scared1:

Thanks for reading!

For some reason the DIS liked my post so well it doubled it!:confused3

That happens to me sometimes, too. You can post as much as you want as far as I'm concerned. :goodvibes

I am so excited to read this, can't wait to try it in October! So sorry about the bakery mishap but kudos to Citrico's manager for doing her best to make you happy.:thumbsup2

Hi Kathy! I hope you and the hubby enjoy your dinner there this October - it really was a great meal for us. And the manager deserved a big hug for going so far out of her way for us - she was super!

It's still used, but more in the context of "I was CRUNK last night!" Well...my husband has used it (in regards to other people), but come to think of it, he's 29, so I may be dating myself too! :rotfl2:

That's crunktastic! :laughing:

We are working on the same thing, hope to hit all of the signatures. Sounds like Citricos might move up on the list.

They are currently in our top three. If Jay and I had to rank them right now, excluding V&A and Bluezoo and those sigs that we haven't eaten at, our list would look like this:

Jiko
Citricos
Bistro Paris
Flying Fish
CA Grill
Narcoossees
Artist Point

uh oh, I hear forboding music.....

You know, the potential was certainly there, given the way things had transpired earlier in the day, for this to end badly. We were both very grateful that the staff at Citricos went out of there way to make up for the mistake in the bakery.

It looks better when it's alive, the early pics looked like you'd be eating in the hallway

:lmao: We were afraid to walk too far into the restaurant while it was still officially closed!

What a cute couple :love:

Awww, thank you. We're both about 15 pounds heavier today ... we've fed well this winter and now need to shed our fat. :laughing:

Major pet peeve of mine!

Me too, because I drink a ton of water - I have to because of the Crohns issue (too easy to become dehydrated). I hate it when servers assume that because you have an alcoholic beverage you don't want / need water. I want water even more when I'm drinking booze!

Ok, the marrow bit sounds a little gross, but everything else sounds really good! BTW, the marscapone polenta at HBD is to die for good! Maybe they could serve it with something besides the salmon for you.

I don't do marrow but many people in my family do ... to each his own. The meal was truly amazing - I think you'd be very pleased if you decided to pay them a visit for dinner.

Marscapone polenta ... hmmmmm, that sounds delish!

Yes you are :goodvibes and what an awesome job they did! :cheer2:

Of course you finish with the best! "cookie bathtub" :lmao::lmao: Love it, my favorite line of the night

Thanks very much - they did a lovely job, didn't they? Glad you liked the cookie bathtub comment ... that's sure what it seemed like!

It was helpful :thumbsup2 and I thoroughly enjoyed reading along :goodvibes and I can't believe it's over :sad1:

Good - glad to hear it! I'm a little surprised that I was able to wrap this up so soon (for me) ... not even six full months. That may be a record! Of course, I don't have much vacation planning getting in the way right now so I'm sure that's got something to do with it.

Thanks so much for reading along with us!

Great review! I'm considering this for December, if I can find it in myself (or rather DH's self :rotfl:) to rationalize the price.

Thanks! It was pricey, no doubt about it, but very much worth the expense I think, especially if you're celebrating something.

I'm so sad your reviews are coming to an end!!!

Aww, thank you. But there will be non-Disney food porn over the next couple of months and then one last batch of food-hurrah this fall. :goodvibes And there's always the CB thread for all of us to feed each other's addiction!

Your review of Citricos' was awesome. We just might have to try it on our next trip. The restaurant decor did look a lot like Disney Cruise Line though especially with the railing.

Thanks! It was a great meal. And you are so right about the decor ... it does remind me of Palo now that you point it out.

As usual, everything looks delicious! I think Citrico's is (or was) a hidden gem at Disney. Your dessert looks too cute. Your right...who doesn't love a solid chocolate Mickey? Heck, I would have been gawking at it too along with those kids. :goodvibes

Thanks! I agree that it was something of a hidden gem, in part I think because they used to only be open Wed - Sun. Now that they're open just like all the other sigs the dining plan has made it a lot easier for people to dine there and ... hidden no longer. Still a gem, though!

I would have gawked too! And in fact did gawk at someone's birthday cake a little while later. I also gawked a some free lemocello shots a couple at the table next to us received and which we did not. I don't know what grabs my attention more - dessert or free booze! Probably a little of both. :rotfl2:

Those braised short ribs are calllling my name.:goodvibes God, I love your reviews....

The ribs were fantastic! And thanks so much for the compliment - I really appreciate it! :hug:

Looks like you saved the best for your last dinner. :cloud9: I'm glad you guys got to enjoy a wonderful meal at Citricos! :goodvibes Everything looked delicious! What time was your ADR? We like to go right at 5:30 when it opens and it's always very quiet. Then again, we do that for most of our dinners, especially California Grill, where it can get very loud. Sorry about the B-day snafu, but it looks like Cindy came through for you! :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend!
-Michelle

WOW!!! So glad to hear that Citrico's hasn't lost any of the it's charm! I have had the pleasure of eating there several times and it's always been a terrific! (Fortunately for me, I was smart enough to suggest this place to my parents as a great place to celebrate Mother's Day, so I didn't get stuck with the check. Daddy did :))

I have to admit that the picture and description of the beef ribs over polenta had me licking the screen!!! :cloud9: I must have missed that one but it is definitely on my hit list now.

The chocolate Mickey looks amazing! I wonder how many people tried to order it after they saw yours go by? :lmao:

Is it really over??? :sad1: Isn't there maybe something you missed??? Do we have to wait until October for more??? :sad2:

The chocolate Mickey looks amazing! I wonder how many people tried to order it after they saw yours go by? :lmao:

I knew I had missed commenting on something! Thanks, princess. :goodvibes

Many moons ago (11 to be exact) Bob and I spent our 25th Anniversary at the BC. Imagine our surprise and delight one afternoon when we returned to the room to find that same white chocolate Mickey along with 6 of the biggest tuxedo-clad chocolate-dipped strawberries. There was a lovely note from Mr. Mouse himself thanking us for staying with them for our celebration.

The DDs and Bob ate those strawberries so fast and pronounced them the best they had ever tasted. Younger DD who is now 22 can still describe the melt in your mouth goodness. (I held out for Mickey.) By the way, he was dusted in gold pixie dust too. I don't know if it was edible or not, but we managed to eat all but one of his legs before we winged our way home.

Fabu review! We loved Citricos, too, so much so that we actually canceled dinner somewhere else and ate there twice last summer. I had a berry dessert there that has become my favorite in all of WDW. Heather had the same veal dish as Jay and loved it. I don't remember the spooning of bone goop, though....must of blocked it out. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter