We opened the park!!!

cukak6

Earning My Ears
And it was all because of a mistake. I thought last WEdnesday was an EMH for the MK so I drug my friend and our 2 five year olds out of bed early so we could be there when we opened. We arrived at 7:50 and there was no one there. When I asked what time the park opened they laughed and said 9. So, we started to walk away, planning to ride the monorail to the other resorts and check out the christmas decorations. As we were walking away a woman starts running after us yelling. She wanted to know why we were leaving and when we explained she laughed and said she had a better way for us to waste an hour, but she couldn't tell us what it was. OKAY! Two gentlemen come up to us and ask us to board the little fire engine. They take us back to Toontown and here comes the train. They announced there was our ride, but we would have some company. Then, here comes MIckey! Following MIckey was about 10 other characters. My son's eyes were huge and I was sobbing. They got to play with the characters for almost an hour. WE also got a huge group picture in front of Mickey's house. Then we boarded the train and rode to the front of the park where we go to count down and throw confetti! It was the most magical day I've ever had. They gave us certificates to remember it and all of the characters signed it. Afterwards, we got a picture taken with Mickey and the mayor and they gave us a coupon for a free 5x7 photopass picture. Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Oh, my son also got to announce the Honey I Shrunk the Audience show. He got a little certificate for that also!

Ohh that sounds so wonderful!!!! That sure beats the EMH!!! To be alone with that many characters is very special and I am sure not many people can say they have done that... I hope you have pics and will post them... :thumbsup2 Btw, I notice you are from Decatar, IL...I am from IL too, and the people we bought our house from moved to Decatar--just thought I would share hehe. thanks for sharing your experience

That is so wonderful. I am sure you were in tears! I would have been just seeing it. God bless you and your family.

Looks like you got a nice YOAMD Dream!! :cool1: :banana:
That must have been pretty special!! Congratulations! :woohoo:

That is so cool. Glad you had a memorable time.

{now, don't everybody show up an hour early, ya' hear!}

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!
Spending time alone with the characters is something that you will never forget! :cloud9: What a memory!!! :goodvibes

What a wonderful experience for you all. That was a great mistake for you to make.

How truly amazing, I would have been crying to. Would love to see pic's if you can post, thanks for sharing, HOW MAGICAL.
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter