We made CNN

I have searched and searched and nowhere is there a quote from Space that says it is OFF! In a thread he made elsewhere it says Disney refused to talk but the story was ON!!
My friend showed me the post; it was on VMKMagic or some other site.

If you guys actually watched CNN on a nightly basis you would have seen this story/scroll, the article is from yahoo.com but story was aired on CNN:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_en_bu/china_disney_video_games

It's very obvious where Disney is looking to put their video game interest... and it's not in the states.

Calling every news station randomly is NOT going to bring VMK back, in fact like others have mentioned, its an attempt to "bad face" WDI and anyone familair with the Disney company will know that doesn't "fly."

Think about it... don't call someone ugly when your trying to get them to share their cookies... whether or not they truly are ugly.

Similar to what we did with Jericho.. I strongly suggest teaming up and going directly to WDI and THEN to the news stations. For instant... why don't we flood WDI with out flats? Can you imagine hundreds of our vmk characters scattered around?

Once we have a story (we found out they were canceling, this is what we were doing, this is what we did, heres whats happening etc) than its time to go to the news stations.

It makes a better story when your trying to fight... and not when your trying to complain.
This makes perfect sense. Get the word out!

so where is this cnn thing going? I've mailed them twice now, thinking of sending a flat around to different folks. Should we watch to see if it's going to be on? inquiring minds wish to know, as they say!

I've got it on right now....

11:05a my time... CNN Newsroom

They're talking about the Olympic Torch run in SF, CA today... I'll update with any vmk news that I see

If you guys actually watched CNN on a nightly basis you would have seen this story/scroll, the article is from yahoo.com but story was aired on CNN:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_en_bu/china_disney_video_games

Once we have a story (we found out they were canceling, this is what we were doing, this is what we did, heres whats happening etc) than its time to go to the news stations.

It makes a better story when your trying to fight... and not when your trying to complain.

Ok totally lost her what does this quote have to do with VMK. I can grasp at straws but not sure.

Can anyone explain fonna's statement to where is she searching and no where say closed. Sorry just totally confused

Spacexalp said in the thread on Magic that the story is off. When he edited the first post in the thread, he mistyped so that it sort of seems that the story's still on, but if you read the whole post it's pretty clear that CNN is not planning on doing it.

i will try and send an email to my local newspaper

Ok totally lost her what does this quote have to do with VMK. I can grasp at straws but not sure.

Can anyone explain fonna's statement to where is she searching and no where say closed. Sorry just totally confused

You mean the article? As I said.. it's obvious where Disney is looking to put their video game focus; spending millions on ventures in China. You really think that Disney will express interest in an online, free, promotional game for Disney Parks with their time and invested money in overseas ventures?

Pick and choose your battles... going after CNN with complaints of them closing the game is "a joke" considering Disney's a company who just invested millions in other video game ventures... doesn't it just seem ironic?

I did some "Googling" and found this. (Yes, I LOVE Google!) Absolutely no clue who these "posters" are or the level of credibility behind their posts, but I just thought I'd share my finding.

Mods, figuring I can post this link given the situation. If it's an issue, remove it and anyone who wants it can PM me.

Posts regarding CNN story

- Dreams

Earlier, GreenKman had called CNN and many of us here had sent in newstips about it. Green just got the phone call back from CNN saying that they have looked into the story, and that the story will go live tomorrow (April 09, 2008) at 12PM PST.

This is what CNN has told us, so we can only hope that nothing goes otherwise and we actually made it.

We are getting somewhere guys!
-Spacexalp
Noon right?

I'm confused wether the story will or won't air. But, this story was set for
noon Pacific time (3 p.m. Eastern)

In Central Florida CNN is on channel 24
I read the whole thread. I will watch CNN while on the computer. I will post if I hear any word on VMK.

Today CNN Tomorrow FOX.

ETA: As in Today we get CNN to air it Tomorrow we move towards contacting FOX to do a story on it. 2 News stations are better than 1

Today CNN Tomorrow FOX.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, but is this true? Where did you read this? What time is Fox News? This would be awesome if it happens.
Hopefully news stations will do some story on this since in America there is Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press. We can't let the Disney heads stop them from airing something

Hello All,

i found this on the disney online games page when i reading a note from disney. They knew in February that VMK was slated to close its doors.

I guess we can start with contacting them and moving up.

SAVE VMK.
CALL: 818-623-3200
818-623-3764
866 993-6263
EMAIL: Brandy.Phillips@disney.com
brandy.phillips@dig.com
zayda.vidal@disney.com
WRITE: Walt Disney Internet Group
5161 Lankershim Blvd., 4th Fl.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
FAX: 818-623-3577

Has anyone noticed that this is the first time that we all, on VMK, have come together and united for one cause..... to save VMK....
come on disney if this dosen't show you the level of love for the game, you are blind.

Note that when CNN says they're going to air a story "at noon", that doesn't necessarily mean at 12:00pm sharp. Expect it to enter the rotation and appear any time over the next hour or three.

I just don't want to see people discouraged too soon.

We are getting such conflicting information, on magic the OP of this thread sure does say its not happening :(

I just hate to see us all getting our hopes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter