We have an existing bounceback reservation but now have a Grand Gathering...

megan4777

<font color=red>Apparently I had some sort monster
We booked the bounceback offer for the end of September of 2010 at the POP Century. About 2 months ago (after we returned home), my MIL decided to bring all of her family down for a Grand Gathering at the end of August and booked each of us a room at ASMusic through AAA. yipee!!!:banana:

We have paid the $200 deposit and have free dining for our POP room and I'm wondering if we can transfer our free dining over to our August reservation and cancel our September reservation?

We're all hoping for free dining in August, but I'd like to be guaranteed to get it, just in case...

Does anyone know if we can do this? Have any experience? Thanks for any help..
:)

First of all, the bounceback dates were for 8/15-9/30. If your new trip is booked for 8/15 or later, you can call and see if your resort and date can be changed. They MAY be able to do it if there is/was bounceback room availability at your new resort. Bounceback space is limited, as are all promotional rooms, but it's worth a call. They do normally allow some changes after booking those bouncebacks since they are done so far in advance and they know plans can change.

You will keep your original bounceback confirmation number if they can change it, so your deposit will carry over. You can link any reservation to a Grand Gathering, don't even have to be at the same resort. If you are sucessful in getting your BB res changed, just get the Grand Gathering ID# and have your res linked, then cancel the one that was made for your party with the original Grand Gathering set up. To keep everything under one roof, so to speak, you can also allow your MIL's AAA TA to take over your reservation if you feel they will handle it properly for you. You can choose not to do this and keep your res separate as it is now to keep control of it, but you'll then need to coordinate with the rest of the group for payments, dining, etc. Make sure the AAA TA is well versed in all things Disney (some are great, others sadly are not), and that they KNOW this is a FD bounceback so he/she doesn't try to apply a future promotion that would lose the FD for you!

If you can't get the BB res changed or if the new vacation dates start before 8/15, you'll miss out on the free dining, but your $200 is refundable or can be applied to the new reservation.

Thanks for the help!! I'll be calling on Monday to see if we can get it changed over!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter