We have a neighbor or someone putting their trash in other families trash bins. Dealing with it.

I put trash in two different neighbors cans just today.

Others regularly put trash in mine.

If I don't have room for all the trash I have generated this week I see no problem with using the neighbors can and vice versa. We pay a fixed amount for trash service and they will not pick up trash not in the 95 gallon can. So if you have extra and there is extra room in one of the other cans on the street, what is the harm?

I had more then normal this week because my son worked on his Eagle Scout project and generated several large bags of trash as a result, I cleaned out the garage, and my daughter moved to college and cleaned out her room before leaving. If I didn't put it in another can this trash would have stayed on the side of my house, an eyesore and a bug/animal attractor.

We get it some of you don't care, but why do you have to make like those of us do, have some sort of a problem?

I pay for my garbage and recycling bins and fill them up every week. If someone were to add even one bag that is one bag less I I can fit. I can shove it in there but I do run the risk of the trash company not taking it because it is overflowing. Then what, not only do I miss the pick-up I paid for I have to keep a full can around my home for another week with no room for the additional garbage collected that week. I guess I could load all the gross garbage in to the back of my car and drive it to the "dump" and pay the fee for them to take it.
So yeah for some of us it could be a big deal.

And to the pp who doesn't care what people do with their dog poop, I guess some of us just don't care to live where there are piles of **** everywhere.

I put trash in two different neighbors cans just today.

Others regularly put trash in mine.

If I don't have room for all the trash I have generated this week I see no problem with using the neighbors can and vice versa. We pay a fixed amount for trash service and they will not pick up trash not in the 95 gallon can. So if you have extra and there is extra room in one of the other cans on the street, what is the harm?

I had more then normal this week because my son worked on his Eagle Scout project and generated several large bags of trash as a result, I cleaned out the garage, and my daughter moved to college and cleaned out her room before leaving. If I didn't put it in another can this trash would have stayed on the side of my house, an eyesore and a bug/animal attractor.

Do you ask if you can put it in your neighbors can or do you just take it upon yourself to do it?

Do you ask if you can put it in your neighbors can or do you just take it upon yourself to do it?
Maybe one a long time ago I either asked or they asked. It is not unusual to see someone walking down the street with a trash bag towards a can that looks like it has room. No one asks anymore.

Maybe one a long time ago I either asked or they asked. It is not unusual to see someone walking down the street with a trash bag towards a can that looks like it has room. No one asks anymore.

I don't see anything wrong with having an agreement with your neighbors, I will bring my neighbors trash over to my can once in awhile. She's a friend and occasionally her family member doesn't pick up her bag so she needs a place to get rid of it. She's a friend but even then she asks any time she needs to do it. It isn't often and it is usually just a grocery bag size, I think she leaves the bigger one in her garage until her dd gets it for her.
That is not the same situation as the OP describes though.

I don't see anything wrong with having an agreement with your neighbors, I will bring my neighbors trash over to my can once in awhile. She's a friend and occasionally her family member doesn't pick up her bag so she needs a place to get rid of it. She's a friend but even then she asks any time she needs to do it. It isn't often and it is usually just a grocery bag size, I think she leaves the bigger one in her garage until her dd gets it for her.
That is not the same situation as the OP describes though.
I wouldn't care if ANYONE came and put trash in my can. Better it is in my can then thrown on the side of the road or woods.

If this upsets you, I would do what @lynxstch did. I would rip open one of the bags and look for junk mail with the garbage owner's name on it. My guess is that anyone who regularly dumps their garbage in someone else's can to avoid paying for their own can won't give a rat's butt about recycling their junk mail.

Personally, it doesn't bother me when someone uses my garbage can. We pay for weekly garbage pickup through our property taxes. We have asked the neighbors if we could add garbage to their bins when we've had an excess of garbage due to a major purging and visa versa. It's all good. I would be upset if there was no room for my own garbage, but that's never happened. I don't wheel out my can until late the night before and I make sure all the garbage I want to throw away is in it. If someone else wants to top it off, I'm OK with it.

But what if you go to throw your trash out and there is no room because a neighbor filled your can? Where do you put your garbage?
By the time I wheel my garbage to the street, I have put all my trash in the can. Any room left is free game for anyone else to use.

To fill my can before I do, they would have had to open my gate, enter my back yard, and put it in the can. No one has done that.

By the time I wheel my garbage to the street, I have put all my trash in the can. Any room left is free game for anyone else to use.

To fill my can before I do, they would have had to open my gate, enter my back yard, and put it in the can. No one has done that.

My husband wheels it out to the curb in the morning before work. I have already went to run last minute garbage out, and it was full to the top. We do pay for our garbage, so I took the two bags out and put them on the neighbor's porch.

Would everyone who said it's not a big deal think it's ok to dump their trash in a business dumpster? That is called theft of service and I don't see it any different than dumping it in your neighbor's can.

I'll never forget some jerk dumped a butchered deer carcass in the dumpster of a gift shop I worked at. It was awful. That's when we finally had to get a lock and key.

We get it some of you don't care, but why do you have to make like those of us do, have some sort of a problem?

I pay for my garbage and recycling bins and fill them up every week. If someone were to add even one bag that is one bag less I I can fit. I can shove it in there but I do run the risk of the trash company not taking it because it is overflowing. Then what, not only do I miss the pick-up I paid for I have to keep a full can around my home for another week with no room for the additional garbage collected that week. I guess I could load all the gross garbage in to the back of my car and drive it to the "dump" and pay the fee for them to take it.
So yeah for some of us it could be a big deal.

And to the pp who doesn't care what people do with their dog poop, I guess some of us just don't care to live where there are piles of **** everywhere.

LOL. I don't care where their dogs poop because they don't poop where I can see them or it. Seriously, I live in the woods. There isn't poop everywhere except maybe the woods as that's even where my dogs go. I have a long driveway and one neighbors little dogs will sometimes be in the driveway and they don't poop there either. I would guess they go in the patch of woods between his house and my driveway but I don't know that nor do I really care.

As for garbage, I pay for mine too. It still wouldn't bother me. I just am not going to get worked up over a bag of garbage. And I am certainly not going to stake out my cans or put a camera on them. Why would I stress out over garbage?

But by all means--stress.

Besides, all I said was that threads like this one make me glad I live where I do. Too much tension and drama when you have to worry about someone else's dog's bathroom habits and where someone puts their garbage. If you feel the worry and stress is something you have to deal with, ok. Doesn't make me less glad I live where I do.

When we built our home, we were under contract to have a dumpster on premises and we were billed separately each time it got full and had to be pulled away for a new one. After the third dumpster, we started paying attention. Our contractor was bringing garbage from other sites and putting it in. I had to go early one morning to meet our cabinet person to lay out the cabinets and I parked around the corner. I saw our contractor come with a trailer and start unloading garbage. I walked up and said, “no wonder our bill is over $1500.” He told me this was standard practice. I said, since when do I have to pay for your personnel garbage and other homes construction garbage. I told him, I would not pay another penny towards the dumpster, he got real red and drove away. We never got any more bills and we had at least 2 more dumpsters.

We were doing some remodeling at our house in Portland and had some demo stuff on the side of the house until we could get someone over to take it all. Along with a piano our previous tenants left! Husband found a bunch of outdated food that appeared to be from a restaurant stacked alongside the stuff one morning. This is a residential neighborhood and well back from the street. Luckily he was able to fit it in the compost / yard stuff bin because they charge overages in Portland!

We arrived at our beach place one weekend to find our large city assigned trash can missing from the side of our house. Asked our next door neighbors if we could toss a bag in theirs since ours was missing-they said sure. They had just moved in the beginning of the season. We call city hall and they will replace for 75.00 so we might want to check around the neighborhood-gave us the serial number-turns out it’s next door.
They would have had to go to our side yard and wheeled it over to their side-out of our view. We just wheeled it back and my husband spray painted our house number on it. I’m a pretty laid back person, but my blood pressure goes up just remembering this :sad2:

I watch too much Forensic Files and crime documentaries. If it were a 1 time thing, someone walking by on trash day, can it at the curb, they have a bag of poop they don't want to carry home..no big deal. But if it was a regular occurrence,I think dark and sinister. What if someone is throwing out drug paraphernalia, or body parts? You are now involved in a crime investigation. Slim chance that that is what is happening, but it could happen. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter