We did Rope Drop FOP w/ no FP today.....

LoveAndHonor

Earning My Ears
Just an FYI that we rope dropped EMH at AK today and rode FOP first thing. Our bus at Coronado Springs came at 7:15. We went bagless, were in the ride line at 8:05 and exited the gift shop at 8:35. A bit of encouragement for anyone who couldn't get a FP and was worried!

We were there yesterday as well for AM EMH. We took an uber and got there at 6:45 but had to wait for bag check. They didn't check bags until much later (which was annoying), but we were off the ride by 8:30. The wait time at 8:30 was 180 minutes so it is crucial to be at the front of the rope drop pack.

We're here now for the 9:00 opening. We got here at 8:00 and went bag less. They let us scan in around 8:20 but are holding us at the entrance to Pandora right now. The crowd behind us is GINORMOUS. Again, we are at the front of the rope drop pack so we should have a minimal wait this morning.

Just an FYI that we rope dropped EMH at AK today and rode FOP first thing. Our bus at Coronado Springs came at 7:15. We went bagless, were in the ride line at 8:05 and exited the gift shop at 8:35. A bit of encouragement for anyone who couldn't get a FP and was worried!
Is that the gift shop that sells Banshees?

We took an uber and got there at 6:45 but had to wait for bag check. They didn't check bags until much later (which was annoying), but we were off the ride by 8:30.

Were people without bags allowed to get in line for the tapstiles earlier than those who had to wait for bag check? Is it therefore a big benefit to go bagless at AK?

Were people without bags allowed to get in line for the tapstiles earlier than those who had to wait for bag check? Is it therefore a big benefit to go bagless at AK?

No. They held the bagless people and let them go when they started the official bag check. It would be quicker to go bagless if you're not at the front of the bag check line when they open. They did make the rest of my family that was in the bagless line go through the metal detector.

So would people recommend this for a 9am open with 2 kids (ages 6 and 9?) How stressful does it feel while you are there. I don't mean the getting there early part - we are used to that, but as you are waiting and then walking is it orderly or are people being jerks?

It's pretty orderly. There is a guy with a sign that says "end of the line" and people line up behind him. We rope dropped FOP last week and it took us less than 45 minutes from park opening to exiting the ride and we were not at the front of the pack.

It's an awesome ride experience!!

Awesome! Did they have you skip the standby queue part that goes by the floating avatar? I've heard reports of them putting rope drop people through the cut through for FP line, bypassing that part of the standby queue. I was wanting to see this part of the line so I'm curious if I will miss it both Rope Dropping and if I FP. Thanks!

So would people recommend this for a 9am open with 2 kids (ages 6 and 9?) How stressful does it feel while you are there. I don't mean the getting there early part - we are used to that, but as you are waiting and then walking is it orderly or are people being jerks?
We felt it was pretty orderly, but it was an EMH, opening at 8. We saw one man confront another who had left the first line (before they moved us in) because he had left his family to go to the bathroom and then wanted back with his family. And then when they were boarding people, they called for a group of three and my party went because only 3 were riding (I didn't ride because of motion sickness and I was heading to the Chicken Exit.) I got yelled at by a man because he thought we were trying to pull a fast one. So just a few random people were very intense, but in general everyone was orderly.

It's pretty orderly. There is a guy with a sign that says "end of the line" and people line up behind him. We rope dropped FOP last week and it took us less than 45 minutes from park opening to exiting the ride and we were not at the front of the pack.

It's an awesome ride experience!!

Thanks for this. What time should we arrive for a 9am regular open? This will be Dec. 19.

Between scanning to get in the park until they stop you at the Pandora entrance, it can get pretty dicey with people running and walking fast that cut in front of you. That's the most stressful part but even that isn't too bad- it's just more intense than any other park rope drop. However, in my opinion the ride is totally worth it!!!!

It seemed a lot more organized for the regular 9:00 opening than the 8:00 AM EMH opening.

I think it is worth it to go bagless for this one park in order to do FOP. Saving even 10 minutes can mean a LOT of people getting through. The bagless line looks very long before they allow you in, but then that line moves very, very quickly!

Also, we folded a nylon cinch bag up and put it in husband's pocket. Put sunscreen and other items in our pockets, then put the stuff in the bag once we were through. That worked great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter