We did Rope Drop FOP w/ no FP today.....

Awesome! Did they have you skip the standby queue part that goes by the floating avatar? I've heard reports of them putting rope drop people through the cut through for FP line, bypassing that part of the standby queue. I was wanting to see this part of the line so I'm curious if I will miss it both Rope Dropping and if I FP. Thanks!
I think we did. It see it! If we did, I didn't notice it or know what I was seeing.

Thanks for this. What time should we arrive for a 9am regular open? This will be Dec. 19.

The park opened at 9 am on our day as well, and we arrived at about 8:35 am. Once we got through the tapstiles and to the crowd, everyone started moving towards Pandora. You can get there earlier to have a better position in line, but I was pleasantly surprised with the short wait and relative ease of the experience.

The line seems VERY long at the beginning before they open the ride queue. We thought it would take forever! But, once they opened the ride, the line moved quickly and the queue is done so well that we were entertained the entire time.

Also, we folded a nylon cinch bag up and put it in husband's pocket. Put sunscreen and other items in our pockets, then put the stuff in the bag once we were through. That worked great!

That's our trick too. Works great at circumventing those long bag check lines.

What time do the parking lots open on EMH days at AK? We always have a car when we stay on property and typically use it instead of the busses.

Awesome! Did they have you skip the standby queue part that goes by the floating avatar? I've heard reports of them putting rope drop people through the cut through for FP line, bypassing that part of the standby queue. I was wanting to see this part of the line so I'm curious if I will miss it both Rope Dropping and if I FP. Thanks!

If you are super early, yes, they skip you right to the ride and you miss that portion of the line. Funny, I didn't even remember that we missed that until you said something. I would imagine using this "short cut", which did lessen our walk, is pretty short lived at open as the line builds very, very fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter