We dealt with the SPIDERS...what will it be this year?

Yay Queen! Another trip, and this one sounds like a good one!

Now where can I find a sister who is a DVC member and wants me to join her on her trips and help spend her points?:rotfl: (Actually, I can't complain...I have a MIL who tends to donate her timeshares to us to allow us to trade into DVC thru RCI!;))

Can't wait to countdown to your trip and hear all the great things you have planned. Also look forward to hearing from your sister, and finally, Jasmine! Have we finally got her hooked on the Dis too?:laughing:

Hello Queen :wave2: Hope you don't mind me joining and reading all about your plans.

I would love to stay at AKL one day so look forward to hearing your reviews. Love all the intros and a late congrats to Jasmine on her graduation!

I just finished your trip report & came over. I love that you & your DD are so close...I can only hope for that with DD5 when she is 18.:)

:welcome: Thank you so much for reading my last TR and for coming along to this one too:goodvibes It seems like only yesterday that Jasmine was 5....I don't know where the time went...but I love the relationship we have too!!:lovestruc

I'm in :) excited to hear about your trip :)

p.s: i also graduated high school in 2010

:welcome: I am so happy that you're here! Congratulations on your graduation:thumbsup2 Are you attending college now?

Yay Queen! Another trip, and this one sounds like a good one!

Now where can I find a sister who is a DVC member and wants me to join her on her trips and help spend her points?:rotfl: (Actually, I can't complain...I have a MIL who tends to donate her timeshares to us to allow us to trade into DVC thru RCI!;))

Can't wait to countdown to your trip and hear all the great things you have planned. Also look forward to hearing from your sister, and finally, Jasmine! Have we finally got her hooked on the Dis too?:laughing:

TRISH!!!:hug: I am so happy you're here! Sounds like we're both pretty lucky doesn't it?:goodvibes They are very good to us and I can honestly say when we all went on DVC points the first time in 2009 when we all stayed together was the best trip ever!!

Jasmine is on here probably as much as I am...but only lurks:goodvibes She said she will add to this PTR though;)

Hello Queen :wave2: Hope you don't mind me joining and reading all about your plans.

I would love to stay at AKL one day so look forward to hearing your reviews. Love all the intros and a late congrats to Jasmine on her graduation!

Well hello and welcome!!! Happy to have you along:goodvibes I will pass along your congratulations to Jasmine...maybe that will be her first post...to thank you:thumbsup2

Looks like a great trip coming up! AKL is so cool. I've never stayed in an AKL villa, just regular AKL, but the whole idea of zebras and giraffes right outside your window is awesome. Oh and I was curious- if you are staying with DVC members, do you get to pool hop, too?

:hug:Hi Queen,

I was spending some quiet time on the DIS and found that you have started a new PTR. Of course I'm in! Can't wait to read more!!

Hi Queen!
Joining in!! Hey good new! the owner of Michel Rodents found my mary poppins mug (that broke on our way home in the luggage). I'll be heading over to Academy to pick it up next Saturday!!!

Debbie

P.S. thanks for taking the time to do your trip reports! I still need to finish mine and just never seem to have the time!)

Looks like a great trip coming up! AKL is so cool. I've never stayed in an AKL villa, just regular AKL, but the whole idea of zebras and giraffes right outside your window is awesome. Oh and I was curious- if you are staying with DVC members, do you get to pool hop, too?

Thanks Kate! That is a good question...I have no idea if we can pool hop!:confused3 We do love the pool at the lodge though, I think it's my favorite on property...I especially like the young lady that would bring me a pina colada when I needed one:rotfl2:

:wave: Hi Queen!

I can't wait to hear all of your plans. I'm so bummed that we will miss each other this trip!

Hey Sophia!!

I am so excited about writing this PTR...I was thinking tonight that I can't decide which I enjoy writing more the PTR or the TR :rotfl2: I still can't believe we're missing each other this year....Jasmine is particularly bummed because at least when we were with you guys I never razzed her about being on her blackberry...she was so excited when she saw Joe and your brother with their phones ...she knew I wouldn't say anything to her:rotfl2: She reminds me of that often:thumbsup2

:hug:Hi Queen,

I was spending some quiet time on the DIS and found that you have started a new PTR. Of course I'm in! Can't wait to read more!!

Hello my friend:hug:you have been on my mind. Quiet time on the Dis...it's just the best isn't it? I knew when you could make it on here you would let me know. I am so happy you're here!!!:hug:

Hi Queen!
Joining in!! Hey good new! the owner of Michel Rodents found my mary poppins mug (that broke on our way home in the luggage). I'll be heading over to Academy to pick it up next Saturday!!!

Debbie

P.S. thanks for taking the time to do your trip reports! I still need to finish mine and just never seem to have the time!)

Hi Debbie! So happy he found your mug! I can't wait until we all meet on Sunday, we are all really looking forward to it!

Time is a funny thing isn't it...I love my evenings when I can just sit and catch up on my threads that I subscribe to!!!

I'm here!!!

I can't wait until August it is going to be so much fun!

I look forward to hearing all about your Disney plans!

I'm here!!!

You don't like AKL!!?? Are you guys in Kidani or Jambo?? I really like Kidani when I toured it before it opened to the public but my only gripe was the size of the gift shop being super small and that they don't have a food court area excpet for a few things at the pool bar. Jambo on the other hand has a great pool, food court, and huge gift shop. I guess you're only a small bus ride to that right?!

Edit..I saw you're in Jambo. IMO, it's better for what you and Jas do and by that I mean eat and use the pool/hot tub :) I think the gift shop is also a great feature and will offer what you need in terms of stocking anything in your villa without having to leave!

I'm here!!!

I can't wait until August it is going to be so much fun!

I look forward to hearing all about your Disney plans!

Hey Caitlin,

We are so excited about seeing you guys in August...it's going to be fantastic! I am off to the gym, then to stop and get groceries but I should have another update up late this afternoon or this evening!

How's George;)?

I'm here!!!

You don't like AKL!!?? Are you guys in Kidani or Jambo?? I really like Kidani when I toured it before it opened to the public but my only gripe was the size of the gift shop being super small and that they don't have a food court area excpet for a few things at the pool bar. Jambo on the other hand has a great pool, food court, and huge gift shop. I guess you're only a small bus ride to that right?!

Edit..I saw you're in Jambo. IMO, it's better for what you and Jas do and by that I mean eat and use the pool/hot tub :) I think the gift shop is also a great feature and will offer what you need in terms of stocking anything in your villa without having to leave!

Yeah you're here!!!

It's not that I don't like it...I don't like how dark it is in the rooms. I think staying at SSR as our first deluxe resort spoiled me to the bright colors and lots of natural light their rooms have. I LOVE the pool, I love Boma and I love the lobby!!! The gift is amazing IMO!! I have been known to purchase a thing or two in there!

Can't believe you're only 4 days away from your trip? Will you get your test results before then:confused3

Hey Caitlin,

We are so excited about seeing you guys in August...it's going to be fantastic! I am off to the gym, then to stop and get groceries but I should have another update up late this afternoon or this evening!

How's George;)?

Gym and groceries - I guess the blizzard is over. :rotfl2:

[Ignoring the above post...

Declan and I are looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe we should begin our PTR since we have already made a few purchases for the trip ;)

Gym and groceries - I guess the blizzard is over. :rotfl2:

Yes...blizzard is over...I was hoping for no gym this weekend....no luck:lmao:

[Ignoring the above post...

Declan and I are looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe we should begin our PTR since we have already made a few purchases for the trip ;)

:lmao: you make me laugh!!

We can't wait to see you guys!! You really should start your PTR....cause now I'm dying to know what you boughtpopcorn:: Break it to me gently...was Target the place of purchases?;)

Yay a new Pre-TR!! Can't wait to hear all about the upcoming trip :).

Hey Samantha, so happy you're joining us again!! Can't wait to tell you all about it!!!:hug:

I'm here. I have to finish cleaning, but will b e back tonight to catch up while drinking my glass of wine after a long day of straightening up around here. :)

I'm here. I have to finish cleaning, but will b e back tonight to catch up while drinking my glass of wine after a long day of straightening up around here. :)

Yeah!!! So happy you're here Kathy....glass of wine? Boy that sounds good right about now.....

Looks like August 21 will be here before we know it so I better get working on this PTR! Just a quick recap .... we are leaving here on August 21 returning on September 3 (13 nights..I'll do the math :lmao:) staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Jambo House in AKL! We usually add on the DDP but we aren't this year .... we'll be using the Tables in Wonderland card (again, thanks to Geodoc and Purplepeg)....we'll see which we like better! I have mixed feelings about not doing the DDP because we have on every trip since they introduced it, however, with having the full kitchen we hope we'll eat in the room a little more!!

Jasmine and I have been stalking the airline sites and so far it's not looking so good! I checked my binder from our September trip and I didn't actually book our airfare until Aug 8 so I guess I shouldn't panic just yet:scared1: The prices are UGLYYYYYY!! I am hoping for the early morning Delta flight through Minneapolis which will get us into Orlando around 2ish! If Westjet or Air Canada come out with a half decent seat sale though we'll go through Toronto...just hate having to get our bags and going through Customs in under an hour:confused:Now having said that, when the rest of the crew went on their cruise last month, they went through Chicago on United and it was a pretty decent departure time getting them into Orlando around 730pm. I will keep you posted on the flights!!

Our plan for the first day is the same as every trip we've ever gone on....DTD!! We love spending our first evening there, we check out the shops, see how much money we'll probably spend and then check in for dinner. We will be dining at our traditional restaurant.....where is that you ask???
057-2.jpg

Here is a photo of the crew in front of our choice in 2009! Jasmine was hoping we would detour from our traditions and maybe try WPC but we voted and she lost:lmao: That will be another day!!!

We try and make it a pretty early evening and this year will be no different. Hopefully when we return to the resort our luggage will be there along with our Garden Grocer order! Peg and I will get everything in order, unpacked and organized for the stay!

Up next....how did we decide on ADR's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter