We’re here! They lost our luggage (we did magic express). So we have

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
no clothes for the week (or shoes). BUT we refuse to let that get us down (for now and as long as they both arrive tonight)! I mean we literally have one day of clothes for tomorrow but that’s it. DDs princess dresses are in the suitcases too. The poly is so much more beautiful in person, we’re in love! What are the chances both suitcases arrive tonight? Is this common with magic express?

It can take up to 5 hours to get your bags. Who lost them? If DME did, they will eventually get to you, probably tomorrow. Did you have the DME luggage tags on them?

If this was truly DME that has lost your bags, go talk to the manager at your resort. They may give you a voucher to purchase some clothes. Or, check with your credit card company. Many have coverage for delayed or lost baggage.

Who lost your luggage, DME or the airline?

Did you arrive today? Your luggage just might not have arrived yet, sometimes takes awhile. :confused3
United lost them. They said they went on a different flight but only one checked into Orlando. The main suitcase with literally everything in it was last scanned in in Chicago. They have no idea where that one is.

United lost them. They said they went on a different flight but only one checked into Orlando. The main suitcase with literally everything in it was last scanned in in Chicago. They have no idea where that one is.

Well that truly stinks. :sad1: Do you have anyway to go off resort and pick up a couple items till your bag possibly arrives? How long will you be in Disney?

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your luggage. Hopefully it shows up within a day or two.

Well then it wasn't anything to do with Disney.
Also you taking Magical Express would have nothing to do with it.

no clothes for the week (or shoes). BUT we refuse to let that get us down (for now and as long as they both arrive tonight)! I mean we literally have one day of clothes for tomorrow but that’s it. DDs princess dresses are in the suitcases too. The poly is so much more beautiful in person, we’re in love! What are the chances both suitcases arrive tonight? Is this common with magic express?
So sorry to hear this, it is very inconvenient to say the least! Do you have trip insurance? Trip insurance has baggage delay and loss coverage. The Poly is a fabulous resort; enjoy and hope that you get your luggage soon!

I think the fact that you used Magical Express saved you lots of time and effort at the airport - maybe tweak your thread title a bit? It reads as if your saying DME lost your bags when in fact you know the airline sent them on the wrong flight. Lots of folks don't read the post just the title.

If you had not tagged your bags and used DME you would have gone to the baggage carousal and waited until all bags were unloaded and then some, after that go to the baggage claim office, wait some more, fill out forms and maybe after that you would be on your way. A little discussed benefit of the luggage delivery service of DME is that they do/did all that for you while you were at the resort starting your vacation!

Last time my bags were lost (Feb 2018 Tampa to Portland) it was a total pain and almost two hours at the airport but they did deliver the bags to my hotel in Oregon the next day so hopefully you will get the bags tomorrow at the latest.

Last edited:
As long as your lost baggage still have the yellow DME tags on them, I'm sure Disney will still deliver them to your hotel if they ever arrive in MCO. If not, I hope those bags had luggage tags with some sort of contact information on them.

As long as your lost baggage still have the yellow DME tags on them, I'm sure Disney will still deliver them to your hotel if they ever arrive in MCO. If not, I hope those bags had luggage tags with some sort of contact information on them.

Yup -....and if not hopefully op has those bag tags they tell you to hold on to so the airline can deliver them themselves.

and I doubt it will take a week …..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter