We’re here! They lost our luggage (we did magic express). So we have

I know there is a Walmart and Target close to Disney property. You can uber there to get essentials and hopefully United will you offer you some compensation?

Last edited:
The Walmart at SR535, Address: 3250 Vineland road Kissimmee Fl. 34746 is my go to Walmart while at WDW. The phone number is 1-407-397-1125.

They have everything at this Walmart, including wine and beer, which you might need during this luggage mis-adventure.

Good luck!
~NM

I agree. I'll bet if they talk to a manager, the manager will give them a voucher for some clothes in the gift shop.

Compensation will/should come from United not Disney.

eta - compensation if appropriate

Having 24 hours of essentials with you in carryon is always recommended as airlines misdirect luggage more than we would like to admit. I travel often so on the few occasions it has happened to me it wasn't an issue as I do adhere to that rule of thumb. My bags always arrived the next day and I haven't had a need to ask for compensation.

In the OP's case depending on how long it takes for the airline to deliver the bags some compensation may be in order - but again from United not Disney.

Last edited:
Disney clearly is not at fault here, but I have read many reports of people having their luggage go missing through no fault of Disney's, and they still offer assistance. It's called Pixie Dust.

The title of this thread seriously needs to be edited to make it clear that United lost your luggage, not DME. Seriously. It sucks to not have your full range of clothes, toiletries, etc., but it's not WDW's fault that you are missing those things (the fact that you took DME to your hotel has absolutely NOTHING to do with your missing luggage), and it's unfair to tag any of this to Disney.

For future reference it's good advice to pack at least 1-2 days worth of necessities in your carry on.

Lost luggage can happen any time you fly but at least having 1 day's worth of clothing can make a situation a lot better.

Also this has nothing absolutely nothing to do with Disney or DME. It has to do with United. Please discuss with them regarding their policies on lost luggage including any monetary compensation they may have in their policy. Reaching out to Disney would be inappropriate if they are not responsible for lost luggage. That would be like my husband and I contacting our resort in Jamaica asking them to give us something for our luggage being damaged by Southwest Airlines.

United lost our luggage when we flew to Cancun with them several years ago. After filling out all the forms, tracking the luggage, etc., the bags showed up at our resort two days later. In the meantime, we went to a department store and bought some essentials for our trip and kept all of the receipts. At the end of our trip, I submitted our receipts and filed a claim with United who reimbursed us for 1/2 of our clothing costs. If memory serves, our travel insurance covered the rest.

I agree with other PP’s regarding “pixie dust” in these circumstances. I think many people have unreasonable expectations of Disney throwing free things their way. United is the business that should be compensating you.

Hope it shows up!!! We always pack a couple of days clothes in a carry on for this reason. We had our luggage lost on an international trip before- not fun!

United lost them. They said they went on a different flight but only one checked into Orlando. The main suitcase with literally everything in it was last scanned in in Chicago. They have no idea where that one is.

Delta lost ours on our trip to WDW. Disney was fantastic in assisting the search effort. I always thought that if you take a non stop flight your luggage goes with you. Nope.

The manager at AKL offered to purchase any costume in the CR resort for my little DGD's first meal, (At CHef Mickey) but DD had sent a box ahead with a little costume, so no need to accept his generos offer. It was appreciated though!

I agree. I'll bet if they talk to a manager, the manager will give them a voucher for some clothes in the gift shop.

THis is why the title needs to be amended. DME is not responsible, and honestly will probably offer the best assistance in MCO if those bags arrive there. I know you later suggest that help or vouchers from WDW is Pixie Dust, btu if someone does not read to the end, they may think DIsney needs to make the offer to rectify wrongdoing. There was none.

no clothes for the week (or shoes). BUT we refuse to let that get us down (for now and as long as they both arrive tonight)! I mean we literally have one day of clothes for tomorrow but that’s it. DDs princess dresses are in the suitcases too. The poly is so much more beautiful in person, we’re in love! What are the chances both suitcases arrive tonight? Is this common with magic express?
at least you are starting your vacation. few years ago brother in law decided he didn't need his car keys on the flight home so he put them in his checked bag you know where this is headed. all the checked bags but one arrived. the one with the keys went to Hawaii instead of Philly. he and family got in around midnight and it was close to 1 am when they got done with forms to find case. had to wake up family at home to come get them. needed 2 cars as there were 5 of them and the minivan was at the airport with no keys. they did get case late the next afternoon

I'm not sure why you are asking if it is common with magic express. Magical Express has nothing to do with your lost luggage. It was lost before it could be pulled for Magical Express.

I would Uber to the nearest Walmart and grab a few clothing items. Or if you feel like going all out, buy some outfits while on property. You can be totally outfitted in Disney gear!:)

I have to agree, you really need to change the title of your thread. It is very misleading. Here's hoping your bags show up soon!

Lost luggage is such an inconvenience! I do hope it arrives soon.

And not to beat a dead horse but I agree with PPs. I think you should change the title of this thread. It is quite misleading. I thought Disney/ME misplaced your luggage. The reason why I think it’s important to change the title is many people hesitate using ME because they believe there’s a higher risk of their luggage getting lost. While ME isn’t perfect and luggage has been known to arrive rather late or perhaps end up at the wrong resort for a period, I believe it’s a valuable perk for onsite guests and I’d hate for your thread title to sway folks one way or the other when it wasn’t ME who lost your luggage.

Just my .02.
Have a super vacation OP!

Do you have amazon prime? You might be able to amazon prime now some necessities! I’ve got jackets and socks and such before delivered on the amazon prime now app.

I had the airline send my luggage to Knoxvile, TN from Pensacola, FL once. Only I was going to Traverse City, MI for a job interview. And it was still winter in MI. So I arrived without a coat, no winter clothing other than the clothes I had on. Luckily the team I was meeting with were so nice. The wife of the manager I was meeting with offered me the use of an extra coat until mine showed up. I went to the job interview in the same jeans and t-shirt I arrived in and my luggage finally arrived later than day. So at least I got to take my stuff home with me. I had a carry on with a few personal items, so at least I had spare glasses and extra contact lenses with me.

Hope it shows up!!! We always pack a couple of days clothes in a carry on for this reason. We had our luggage lost on an international trip before- not fun!
For future reference it's good advice to pack at least 1-2 days worth of necessities in your carry on.

Lost luggage can happen any time you fly but at least having 1 day's worth of clothing can make a situation a lot better.

Also this has nothing absolutely nothing to do with Disney or DME. It has to do with United. Please discuss with them regarding their policies on lost luggage including any monetary compensation they may have in their policy. Reaching out to Disney would be inappropriate if they are not responsible for lost luggage. That would be like my husband and I contacting our resort in Jamaica asking them to give us something for our luggage being damaged by Southwest Airlines.
American lost my carry on this trip. Made me gate check it
https://www.disboards.com/threads/airlines-never-cease-to-amaze.3734425/

Heck, United lost my in-laws luggage on the way to my brother's wedding. It's one thing to carry at least a day of essentials in the carry-on, another to carry formalwear in the carry-on.

It was... fun? Yeah.

Since this has turned into lost luggage horror stories...US Airways lost our bag on our way to my mother-in-law's death bed, with our funeral clothes inside.
Not our only lost luggage story, but definitely the most difficult and stressful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter