• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I registered for DAS and it's the first time I am using it. I haven't found a current answer to this so I thought I would ask.
1. We just realized we need to split a day and that means losing our Fantasmic lunch which was at 1:00 (since it's our 2nd park we can't make it). The night we go there is only one show, is there DAS return time for Fantasmic or wheelchair area (first time in chair) how soon should we get there?
2. If I stop at a blue umbrella table when leaving the first park can I ask them to make return time at 2nd park.
Thank you!
I recommend to keep trying to change your lunch time to 2pm or after. Things change all the time, so check several times a day. There is no DAS for Fantasmic, however there is seating for Wheelchairs and ECVs along the top row of the theater.

As for your second question, the cast members cant make a reservation for another park until you have tapped into that park. Once you are in you can pull up your My Disney Experience app and make any DAS pass selections you need.

Is it true you can only hold 7 days worth of DAS Advance reservations ahead of time? I have a 9 day stay planned and the Planning CM said I can only have 7 days worth and that I could get 1 more day after I have gone into the park once. This is the first time I've been told this, but I don't regularly take trips more than 7 days in length. I'm staying partially onsite and partially offsite.

Will probably try again in a few days and see if I'm able to make the reservations for the last 2 days, but was curious so I thought I'd ask.

Is it true you can only hold 7 days worth of DAS Advance reservations ahead of time? I have a 9 day stay planned and the Planning CM said I can only have 7 days worth and that I could get 1 more day after I have gone into the park once. This is the first time I've been told this, but I don't regularly take trips more than 7 days in length. I'm staying partially onsite and partially offsite.

Will probably try again in a few days and see if I'm able to make the reservations for the last 2 days, but was curious so I thought I'd ask.
August 2022 we definitely had more than 7 days worth, but maybe policy has changed?

The only time I remember hearing that limitation is when folks tried right at 30 days from arrival to do a long trip. Maybe wait until the days in question are within 30 before you try again?

When I went in April, the agent said I could only book 7 days, but could "call" back to get my eighth day later. I don't remember if I had to use a day in order to do that or she meant as the trip got closer.

But I ended up not using most of the pre-booked ones anyway, and found the day-of booking much more flexible.

EDIT: I went back and looked again at the chat session and this is what the agent posted:
"We will be able to pre-plan for seven days of your visit today. You are invited to return and chat with us again to pre-plan additional days after you have enjoyed your first day with us."

Last edited:
Several folks have mentioned the "7 days" limit in recent months. By chance were all your dates within the 30-day window? Or only the beginning of the trip? I'm not sure if that makes a difference but it might.

I did do the chat very early in my 30 day window. Maybe even the first day it was available to me. I also found that the selections that they offered were rather limited.

Several folks have mentioned the "7 days" limit in recent months. By chance were all your dates within the 30-day window? Or only the beginning of the trip? I'm not sure if that makes a difference but it might.
I am in the middle of my 30 day window - so I wasn't surprised I couldn't make DAS Advance reservations my last 2 days, just that I needed to wait until I had used my first day's DAS Advance to be able to get anymore. Will probably try again when those last 2 days are within 30 days and see what happens.

Just an update - I tried chatting with a CM to get my remaining 2 days of DAS Advance reservations and was told again that I can only hold 7 days of DAS Advance Reservations. I don't see anywhere on the website that you can only hold 7, just that you must be within 2 and 30 days of your trip - I asked if this was a new rule and was just told "You may have been able to do this in the past, but right now we can only book up to 7 days".

It does seem like this maybe a new rule?

It is kind of annoying as I now have to remember to chat with someone after my first day, while I'm on my trip. It was kind of nice to have everything booked ahead of time and not have to worry about it at all. But it is still better imho having 7 days pre-planned than having none.

Totally separate question: Does anyone know if your DAS Advance reservation actually expires after the 1 hour window? I ask this because I have had very different experiences between CMs when using it.

First time I was late and tried explaining I was late and the CM told me that DAS reservations don't expire and I shouldn't worry about it ever expiring.

Second time I was late and did not say anything and the CM told me I was late and they would let me in this time as an exception but that I needed to be on time in the future.

However in multiple other times in trying to use my DAS Advance Reservation late (sometimes just minutes late), when I tried to explain I was late - the CM told me that DAS reservations don't expire and not to worry.

I prefer not to have to explain myself each time or avoid any "admonishments" about being late. I try not to be late, but sometimes things just happen - so I'm just curious what others have experienced. I have had more CMs tell me not to worry that it doesn't expire than CMs tell me it expires, so I lean towards it being OK.

When I went in April, the agent said I could only book 7 days, but could "call" back to get my eighth day later. I don't remember if I had to use a day in order to do that or she meant as the trip got closer.

But I ended up not using most of the pre-booked ones anyway, and found the day-of booking much more flexible.

EDIT: I went back and looked again at the chat session and this is what the agent posted:
"We will be able to pre-plan for seven days of your visit today. You are invited to return and chat with us again to pre-plan additional days after you have enjoyed your first day with us."
Our last 3 trips, the CM would only allow 7 days of DAS Advance Selections.
At least one of the trips, all days were within the 30 to 2 day window.
For the last trip, the CM sent a form to fill out with our choices for 4 days then when the first 4 days were scheduled, he sent a second 4 day form, but indicated he could only schedule a total of 7 days.
For all where only 7 days total could be schedule, I was told I would need to call back day by day after the first was used.
Just an update - I tried chatting with a CM to get my remaining 2 days of DAS Advance reservations and was told again that I can only hold 7 days of DAS Advance Reservations. I don't see anywhere on the website that you can only hold 7, just that you must be within 2 and 30 days of your trip - I asked if this was a new rule and was just told "You may have been able to do this in the past, but right now we can only book up to 7 days".

It does seem like this maybe a new rule?

……….

Totally separate question: Does anyone know if your DAS Advance reservation actually expires after the 1 hour window? I ask this because I have had very different experiences between CMs when using it…….

First time I was late and tried explaining I was late and the CM told me that DAS reservations don't expire and I shouldn't worry about it ever expiring.
MAKING DAS ADVANCE SELECTIONS
I don’t think it’s a new rule because some people were told right from the beginning that they could make only 7 days total of DAS Advance Selections, while others were allowed to make them for their entire trip - sometimes even when a large number of the park days were more than 30 days in the future.
My guess is that the CMs have been recently instructed to adhere to the 7 days. My guess is that it’s not on the website because the majority of trips are 7 or less park days. I also think (but have no proof) that the CMs were getting quite a few calls to change DAS Advance Selections for later days of their trips.

USING DAS ADVANCE SELECTIONS
I would count them as expiring.
The WDW website says in multiple places that DAS Advance Selections expire at the end of a 1 hour window. We have had some that stayed visible on My Disney Experience after the one hour period. We were able to use those as long as they were still visible on the app when we checked in at the attraction.
We have also had some that disappeared after the one hour window. For one, we had been delayed getting to the park (DD had a seizure, then bus issues). We were able get some pixie dust from one of the CMs at the blue umbrellas. She checked when we entered the park, what Time our DAS Advance Selection was for, then set up an ‘immediate entry’ DAS Return Time for that attraction.

Attraction CMs may not understand that there is a difference between DAS Advance Selections and DAS Return Times. So, it’s very likely they will tell you they don’t expire - especially is asked whether ‘DAS Times’ expire.
As far as I know, their screen just shows the person scanning into the attraction is using DAS and is eligible to enter the attraction (i.e. Has DAS for that attraction and time). The CM then verifies that the picture of the DAS holder on their screen matches the actual person who scanned in, clears the alert and tells the rest of the party to scan in.

USING DAS ADVANCE SELECTIONS
I would count them as expiring.
The WDW website says in multiple places that DAS Advance Selections expire at the end of a 1 hour window. We have had some that stayed visible on My Disney Experience after the one hour period. We were able to use those as long as they were still visible on the app when we checked in at the attraction.
We have also had some that disappeared after the one hour window. For one, we had been delayed getting to the park (DD had a seizure, then bus issues). We were able get some pixie dust from one of the CMs at the blue umbrellas. She checked when we entered the park, what Time our DAS Advance Selection was for, then set up an ‘immediate entry’ DAS Return Time for that attraction.

Attraction CMs may not understand that there is a difference between DAS Advance Selections and DAS Return Times. So, it’s very likely they will tell you they don’t expire - especially is asked whether ‘DAS Times’ expire.
As far as I know, their screen just shows the person scanning into the attraction is using DAS and is eligible to enter the attraction (i.e. Has DAS for that attraction and time). The CM then verifies that the picture of the DAS holder on their screen matches the actual person who scanned in, clears the alert and tells the rest of the party to scan in.

Yeah, I was surprised the one time I went back and the CM specifically said I was late to my DAS and I needed to come during my window - only because I did not think they actually would see it on the screen. It was only that one time that I was told I was late though, every other time the CM told me that DAS doesn't expire.

I think to be safe, I'll just make a normal DAS reservation for the same ride if I will be late for my DAS Advance reservation.

Yeah, I was surprised the one time I went back and the CM specifically said I was late to my DAS and I needed to come during my window - only because I did not think they actually would see it on the screen. It was only that one time that I was told I was late though, every other time the CM told me that DAS doesn't expire.

I think to be safe, I'll just make a normal DAS reservation for the same ride if I will be late for my DAS Advance reservation.
we did that for Buzz Lightyear once before we knew to check if the DAS Advance Selection was still showing up in the app.
We thought the DAS Return Time was used when we went on the ride, but when we went to the Blue Guest Experience umbrella to see why we couldn’t make another DAS Return Time, the CM told us the DAS Return Time had not been used - the entrance scanner used the DAS Advance Selection that had expired a little bit earlier.

Can you set up DAS advanced selections for the SECOND park you will visit in a day, if you have a park hopper?

Example:
Park reservation is for Epcot, but plan to hop to Studios in the evening. Can we make DAS advance selections for Studios that day? Or will they only make them for the park you have the reservation for? We only want evening return times.

Can you set up DAS advanced selections for the SECOND park you will visit in a day, if you have a park hopper?

Example:
Park reservation is for Epcot, but plan to hop to Studios in the evening. Can we make DAS advance selections for Studios that day? Or will they only make them for the park you have the reservation for? We only want evening return times.
No, right now you can only make Advanced DAS reservations for the park you have a reservation for. Who knows what they will do once they remove the reservation system in 2024... :confused3

No, right now you can only make Advanced DAS reservations for the park you have a reservation for. Who knows what they will do once they remove the reservation system in 2024... :confused3

Okay, good to know.

Weirdly, at Disneyland, they will set up advanced DAS selections one in each park. We did that last week. We scheduled Space Mountain at 11:30 and Incredicoaster at 3:30.

Okay, good to know.

Weirdly, at Disneyland, they will set up advanced DAS selections one in each park. We did that last week. We scheduled Space Mountain at 11:30 and Incredicoaster at 3:30.
I think it’s probably because the 2 parks at Disneyland are literally right next to each other.
The only WDW parks that are at all close together are EPCOT and Hollywood Studio. Even for those 2, guests should plan at least 30 minutes to get from one to the other

I think it’s probably because the 2 parks at Disneyland are literally right next to each other.
The only WDW parks that are at all close together are EPCOT and Hollywood Studio. Even for those 2, guests should plan at least 30 minutes to get from one to the other

That is irrelevant to what I am asking about. I'm not wanting to book advanced DAS times in 2 different WDW parks.

We have a 2pm ADR at Space 220 on our last day. But we want to finish the trip with the evening at Studios, since the night before is EEH qt Epcot. Since I have the Space 220 reservation, I have to make an Epcot park reservation for that day, but we will not be riding anything there. Just walking in from BC to Space 220, then back to BC for the pool. We will head to Studios around 5pm. I want to make the DAS advanced reservations after 5:30 at the Studios. This was the only day I could get the Space 220 lounge, but it's throwing a wrench in our park touring plans.

That is irrelevant to what I am asking about. I'm not wanting to book advanced DAS times in 2 different WDW parks.

We have a 2pm ADR at Space 220 on our last day. But we want to finish the trip with the evening at Studios, since the night before is EEH qt Epcot. Since I have the Space 220 reservation, I have to make an Epcot park reservation for that day, but we will not be riding anything there. Just walking in from BC to Space 220, then back to BC for the pool. We will head to Studios around 5pm. I want to make the DAS advanced reservations after 5:30 at the Studios. This was the only day I could get the Space 220 lounge, but it's throwing a wrench in our park touring plans.
It’s not irrelevant - you brought up the point that you were able to do it at DL and I pointed out a possible reason why. (Plus, that at least at WDW, the DAS Advance Selections seem to be ‘hooked’ to the park reservation).

You can ask, but I haven’t heard of anyone being able to make DAS Advance Selections for a park they don’t have have a reservation for.
I don’t know which attractions you are interested in doing, but this is the current list of attractions that might be available for DAS Advance:
Disney’s Hollywood Studio

It’s not irrelevant - you brought up the point that you were able to do it at DL and I pointed out a possible reason why. (Plus, that at least at WDW, the DAS Advance Selections seem to be ‘hooked’ to the park reservation).

You can ask, but I haven’t heard of anyone being able to make DAS Advance Selections for a park they don’t have have a reservation for.
I don’t know which attractions you are interested in doing, but this is the current list of attractions that might be available for DAS Advance:
Disney’s Hollywood Studio

I'm going to ask. Who knows? When I did the DL call, the CM asked what park we had the reservation for, and said she could make return times for only that park prior to the park hopping time, but either park after 11am. So we did one in each park. There would be no reason why WDW couldn't do the same thing if the ticket media is a park hopper.

The answer is no, you cannot at this time.

Your 2 options in this case would be to buy Genie+ and just stack afternoon reservations in HS (if you want more control around the time of your return - watch the genie+ times for that specific ride and make the reservation accordingly) or wait until you enter HS and make day of DAS reservations based on standby times. I don’t mean to sound rude, but what you are requesting seems unreasonable based on the spirit of that DAS is trying to provide, which is an alternative place to wait out your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter